December 19, 2014 | 830 users online

Conditioner - Trader Joe's - Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2009 9:54:00 AM More reviews by owlcat75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product has become a cult favorite of 'curly girl' devotees. I was passing a Trader Joe's in NJ & decided to stop in to pick this up after reading several rave reviews on curlygirl.com. They only had 1 bottle left and at $3 I quickly snatched it up!
I really love this condidtioner. It contains no 'cones' (but does have parabens unfortunately) & is chock full of natural ingredients. It has a wonderful light herbal scent and provides plenty of creamy slip for daily conditioning. It also makes a great co-wash and leave-in conditioner. My only complaints are that it doesn't come in an economy size and that the closest Trader Joe's is 45 mins away (out of the way) and it cannot be purchased online. Kind of a hassle for a product I use SO much of, but well worth it IMO! 1 lippie off for parabens:(

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2009 4:24:00 AM More reviews by rosheezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pretty good stuff! I haven't tried that many conditioners, and only a few have been "expensive" brands, but this one has got to be the best I've used. I've come to realize that my hair does not like sulfates!! This alcohol-free, sulfate-free conditioner is so nice. Good smell too and just thick enough to coat the hair just right and then leaves a smooth feeling without residue. Have yet to find a conditioner that is paraben free as well but I will keep searching. Hopefully it comes from Trader Joes because I looooove the $3 price tag. Paired with the shampoo, I can honestly say that this stuff single-handedly has changed my hair to be twice and soft, curly and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by girlwithcurioushair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This conditioner has the better ingredients for the price than any other organic hair product I've ever found. It's very thick and rich, moisturizes and detangles well and does not contain silicones or artificial fragrance. The scent is fresh, citrusy and not overdone. The only drawback is that it does have parabens, but to get a comparable product without parabens you'd have to pay at least $10-15 more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by blufunk

Hair type - 4B non-relaxed color treated dry afro textured

This is my HG multipurpose conditioner. Excellent slip, very moisturizing, the tangles just melt away. Smells good. My many uses:

1. add grapeseed & castor oils with gylcerin as a leave in.
2. co-wash
3. deep conditioner (with or w/o heat)
4. shave cream

$3 usd, it some protein but it's far down on the list.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by NuMama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have fairly healthy hair which I dye regularly. This conditioner works well, it moisturizer my hair and keeps it soft and shiny. As others have mentioned, it does contain parabens...I may not repurchase because of this. Too bad, it's a great conditioner at a great price ($3).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by juicycouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

the price on this conditioner is spectacular [$2-3] for one that contains so many natural ingredients. ironically, it contains methlyparaben & propylparaben at the end of the ingredients list. if you anti-parabens this may not be for you. for reference my hair is around 12" long, tightly coiled and prone to dryness and tangles. this conditioner is marvelous for detangling sessions. i dampen my hair, slather this on, and get to combing. with this, the comb/brush glides through my hair. i then rinse and continue on to my regular wash & condition. when i'm done my hair is moist and nicely detangled. this conditioner is also good for conditioner washes/no shampoo routines. i love this stuff and would most definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 3:49:00 PM More reviews by eoifemacbeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've waited until I've nearly finished a bottle of this conditioner to really give a solid opinion on it. And that opinion is---I LOVE IT! Potentially my HG conditioner. The texture is amazing; it feels thick and creamy, and sinks into your hair like butter without weighing your hair down or making it greasy. It rinses cleanly and makes my hair shiny, fluffy and frizz-free. It smells delicious, like a spa treatment (hence the name, I think!).

All that for $3/500ml? Yes, PLEASE!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Momma2myQTZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This did nothing at all for my dry thick hair. While this isn't drying it's also not moisturizing for me either, not anymore than the cheapest Suave would be anyways. I have been boosting by using L'Oreal nature's Therapy 3x a week also and I swear that this paired with the matching shampoo suck all of that moisture right back out. Maybe the key word here is "balancing" and with dry hair you just need straight up moisture, not "balance". I noticed that it contains citric acid, certainly not something that my hair needs on a regular basis. Maybe once a week while deep cleansing my hair, but this will certainly no longer be my daily conditioner. I will give this 3 stars only because it may be better during the Summer, or for dry hair w/ greasies, or fine hair, but certainly not for dry, thick hair in Wisconsin Winters.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by aneffigy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Loooove this stuff. I co-wash, so I use a VO5 conditioner to co-wash and then this as my conditioner. It smells delicious, contains tons of good stuff for your hair, and leaves my hair silky soft and moisturized. I had been having problems with my hair being weighed down by too-thick conditioners, but this never weighs my hair down.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 5:30:00 PM More reviews by maddykins

I loved this stuff! My hair is long, and often gets dry, frizzy and damaged... I have to leave conditioner in my hair for about half and hour every time I wash it. I had tried the whole "not using shampoo/conditioner" for a month and instead using baking soda and apple cider vinegar, but that didn't seem to do so much... my hair just got frizzier and more tangled.
I didn't want to use products with any chemicals/sodium laurel sulfate so I decided to try this stuff out when I went to Trader Joe's, and I love it so much!!! It's probably as good as the bumble&bumble I used to use, and no chemicals....
My only complaint is that the smell is a little plain. Not bad, just not as yummy as some shampoos/conditioners. But at least nothing obnoxious, and it smells very clean.