January 26, 2015 | 991 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Sdmarylou

After reading all the rave reviews, I was hopeful and really wanted to like this product but I was super disappointed with the results. I had heard many reviews complain about the dye coming off and thought this issue would have been resolved by now, but no. Even wet, the sponge soaks up so much product. So much foundation wasted. Hard to clean. Expensive. Patchy application. Not worth the money!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by dyssa0

It applies foundation beautifully, it's an amazing sponge and it has become part of my daily routine, BUT keep in mind this sponge can rip/tear easily (I had use this for 2 months, already has 2 rips) , so im not sure if it worth paying $20 for this, i will try the real techniques sponge next and see what i think, but right now i would not re purchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh beautyblender, where have you been all my life? When you found me, I applied foundation inexpertly with either my fingertips or a cosmetic sponge wedge. I looked like some crazy lady who put on her makeup in the dark.... my foundation was uneven and streaky. The car vanity mirror was both my worst enemy and my best friend. Sitting at a red light, I was embarrassed by the sloppy way I wore foundation, yet grateful to have the chance to correct it before heading to work. Now my skin is so even and glow-y! MUAers: this little tool is expensive, but absolutely amazing! It takes me about five minutes to apply foundation flawlessly in the morning and my skin looks even and dewy all day. I am so happy to have found this! Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

For the longest time I was against buying this solely because I was an avid brush user for my foundation. I still love my elf flat top but the bb sponge has slowly won my heart. It is pretty expensive and may not last as long as a brush but the way it applies foundation when damp is magical. I use it dry for "concealer only" days because it keeps it more concentrated but ALWAYS make it damp if you use it for foundation. It makes the makeup so even and it's so easy to use. I will always own one.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by lexaaaabaker

I do like how it makes foundation look but foundation tends to stick and go into sponge. I feel like you waste a lot of product. But mainly I'm going back to a brush because the sponge made me break out (due to it absorbing any oil on your face then putting it on your face)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 11:32:00 AM More reviews by kawaiibrit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very hesitant about purchasing this tiny little sponge from my local Sephora for 20$. However, every YouTube beauty guru and their mother was talking about how great it was--especially for blending under-eye concealer. I finally splurged, and was not disappointed. My foundation and concealer goes on like a dream.

I've used everything from MUFE HD Foundation, MUFE Mat Velvet Foundation, MUFE full coverage concealer, MAC concealer, Smashbox CC Cream, and LA Girl concealers with this beauty blender. I've had fantastic results with all of them.

Go buy this product, and make sure to use it wet.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Mimiyu23

My hg makeup sponge! Its the BEST! I know its pretty expensive but it lasted me 6months with proper care! What i like about this sponge is for foundation application it blends really flawlessly and seamlessly! GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY BECAUSE IT DELIVERS AND REALLY REALLY WORKS!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by beccaeddleman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best makeup tool ever made. Blends like a dream. I don't see why this has bad reviews unless people aren't using it right. But I'm sure we all know by now that it has to be damp. I feel it works best with thicker liquids or cremes. But then again i also love it with my Garnier BB cream.
I've used it with Covergirl 3-in-1, Stila Stay All Day Foundation, Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation (regular), E.L.F. Flawless Finish Foundation, CK One 3-in1, Cinema Secrets Foundation Palette (I swear the beautyblender and this foundation were made for each other). and many others. All in all - works better with thicker foundations.
The foundations i prefer a brush with are BE BareSkin foundation, Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation, L'Oreal Magic Nude Foundation,... you get the picture.

Thinner formulas work better with brushes because they're already thin and you don't want to water them down anymore. Thicker formulas have great coverage, but sometimes look to cake-y when applied with a brush.

I don't see how people can complain about the price of this when Brushes cost the same, if not more. It lasts forever and equals out to about $12 when you buy it in a two pack online. way easier to clean to.

I reach for this more than any other applicator I have. I've had the black and pink sponges and though I think I prefer the black, I've lost it :( But it's hard to tell a difference anyway so I'm not too upset.

All in all, I think everyone should have this in their collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by NicoleBouzon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fabulous!! Makeup looks brilliant :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Once I learned you have to wet these before you use them, I really liked it. I don't get the cleaner - why it has to be that cleaner specifically - maybe someone has the answer. I have two, a white one and a pink one. I feel OCD about trying to make it look new and it never does. But that's besides the point. I have two because I really like these! I rotate between my flat foundation brush and this depending on which foundation. This seems to make any foundation sheerer so when I use a full coverage one I use this and it lightens it up. However, if it's a sheer foundation, this can be too sheer. It's so easy to blend. I haven't tried any of the dupes, but for whatever reason this little water loving foundation applying egg just does what it promises. I would recommend getting one, but the sigma brushes for foundation work well, too, and are less expensive.