August 28, 2014 | 1828 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by gracyyylala

It's a pretty good product. It blends out foundation evenly, doesn't suck up to much product, and leaves a nice smooth finish. However if you have mild to severe acne or acne scaring and you want your foundation to cover it up flawlessly I would recommend using a stippling or buffing brush for maximum coverage.

Side Note: If you try to sanitize the beauty blender with rubbing alcohol some of the color will rinse of leaving it a bit lighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Nicola21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the amazing finish this gives, you can layer for fuller coverage or sheer out any foundation. I always get compliments when I use this to apply my foundation on how great my skin looks, which is kind of rare for me seeing as my foundation less face is uneven has scaring and is prone to acne and redness. All these great things aside I'm no longer using this product because I don't find it hygienic enough, I washed it after every use and used anti bacterial soap which removed all the foundation stains but I still felt that I there could be bacteria growing inside it (because of my acne issues Im a bit of a hygiene freak with my skin care products). If I could afford to buy a new one of these every 3 weeks to a month I would still use it, but being a broke student I don't have that money to spare :(. I said yes to re-buying because it is worth the money and I plan to start using it again when I have more income. I am now using the real techniques buffing brush to apply my foundation which is great but the finish isn't as natural or glow-y.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by saem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I cannot believe sephora is selling a sponge for almost 30.00 in clear, dollar store looking packaging. Like if I'm going to be crazy enough to drop 27.00 on a sponge than at least give me some cute packaging. I went to winners and bought TWO in a package of the exact same thing, pink and orange, with two different levels of firmness for 7.99. They do the same thing the beauty blender does. Ladies, please do yourself a favour and go to winners or even your drugstore and buy them there do not spend 27.00 on a tiny pink sponge!!!!! >:(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Norahraj88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's good

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 8:35:00 AM More reviews by Gjones7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

There is so much hype around these sponges, and the first time I used it I wasn't impressed. However over time I fell in love with the beauty blender and I hardly use any of my other foundation brushes. I don't really know how to describe it but because of the damp sponge, using it to apply foundation just makes the skin glow and feels hydrated. It sheets the product out so you don't get that cake face effect. This is awesome for applying concealer too. Just wish they weren't so expensive but they are fabulous

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by queenzy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

soooooo amazing product! since i've a dry skin its hard for me to look not 'cakey' but thank god this one make the foundation/concealer blends well to my face..flawless!

x

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using it regularly ever since I got it but not as much as I thought I would. And it's not that it's disappointing or bad, it's just not better than a really great face brush in my opinion...

It's really great when you need to do a medium/full coverage foundation+concealer in minimum time.

When it comes to cheaper dupes for this sponge; they do not compare, I have tried many dupe sponges. They usually have a completely different texture and they do not give you the same finish.

Cleaning this item is a challenge. Well, making it look clean is a challenge. It stains so badly. I personally do not care about the stains as long as it's clean.

I really really like the Beauty Blender and I will always have one at my disposal.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by delilas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like it, but I'm not in love with it. In fact, my favorite use for it is to apply powder. When the sponge is very lightly damp (as it should be to use), I press it against my powder and bounce it on my t zone. It sets makeup without giving off a powdery finish - just a nice, natural, matte.

Otherwise, I do occasionally use it for a liquid foundation, but I don't think it works that much better on my skin than a brush does, and it does soak up more of my foundation. It is better at covering red areas in one go, and not leaving streaks, but if you're moderately decent with a brush, streaks aren't an issue anyway.

I've been using it for a couple months, and because of the price, I doubt I will repurchase immediately. I got this one in Januarys Glossybox subscription, and I wouldn't be in a hurry to repurchase at this point.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Shiahyr

There are so many reviews that I don't think I need to add much, but say that I really enjoy the beauty blender. I have two beauty blenders - one I use for foundation and the other I used to blend the harsh lines of contouring (instead of doing it with a brush). I clean it with dish soap and it cleanse it pretty well. Makes the makeup go on smoothly and nice :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by linet182

Ladies, meet the holy grail of makeup sponges. I kept hearing about how great this product is and it wasn't until I tried it out myself, I realized all the buzz is well worth it. I use the beauty blender to apply my Laura Mercier foundation. It helps cover up my acne 10 times more when I apply my foundation with the beauty blender and it doesn't look caked on. I always get compliments on how great my skin looks. The price is definitely a little steep, but if you care after it (wash it daily and keep it in a little baggy) it should last you a few months.