beautyblender the sponge

4.4

on 1/19/2015 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I held off a long time before buying because $20 for a sponge??!! But I concede it does do a really good job HOWEVER, in the end my foundation looks exactly the same when I use my Shiseido foundation brush - and I will never have to replace that. It doesapply my concealer much better than my fingers or my brush though. What I don't like about this is that loads, and I mean loads, of pink dye comes off when it is washed. Clearly this stuff is coming off on my skin too. So I won't repurchase unless one is available without colour.

on 1/19/2015 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Received as gift after a friend learned I was exploring "dupes". The sponge is wonderful and I really like it. HOWEVER, there are dupes that work just as well for me. As much as I like the beauty blender, I think I prefer the Real Techniques. I'm 70 with fair skin so really good foundation application is a must. Gotta hide those wrinkles and pigmentations without looking made-up. Right, senior ladies?

on 1/17/2015 4:30:00 AM

I just love this sponge! I always get compliments on my make up looking air brushed. I have had expensive make up brushes but still felt my foundation just wasn't 100% I would much rather buy the beauty blender over a brush any day. Is simple to use and the results are fab! I can't say enough good things about it! I always buy on Amazon it is cheaper for the same product!

on 1/14/2015 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I really love this sponge! My makeup looks really dewy when I use the beautyblender. The bb makes use even out of some foundations that I have once deemed too thick or cakey looking. Applying foundation to nose area is also very easy due to its shape. I wash my bb with the cleanser after each use, but the sponge hasn't lost its shape (I have used it 5 times a week for almost two months).

It is true what a previous reviewer wrote, the bb doesn't do anything what a good foundation brush wouldn't do. However, with beautyblender I receive the same finish way more faster than with a regular brush, which is really handy on early mornings. Therefore, I believe that this is especially a great product for people who aren't so used to applying their makeup with brushes.

The only downside for me is the price, since it is pretty pricey and you have to replace it (approximately) every three months.

on 1/8/2015 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am in the minority here, but I really don't think the Beauty Blender is the amazing life changing beauty product it is claimed to be. I finally got with the times and bought one several months ago, I purchased the white "Pure" version and solid cleanser. I was so excited to use it and see what all the fuss was about! I made sure to read directions and checked out some tutorials first. It seems like every time someone doesn't like a popular product, people assume it's because they don't know how to use said product (I see you Younique mascara!) I know how to use the Beauty Blender properly and I still don't like it. It does give my foundation a nice smooth finish, but I can achieve the same look with a brush. I do like using the blender to sheer out some of my heavier foundations, it does a great job of that. It soaks up a ton of product and feels a little wasteful, especially if you're using it with expensive high-end foundations. This thing is definitely not a game changer for me at all. My white blender hasn't looked clean since it's first use, no matter how thoroughly I cleaned it. It actually looked so gross that I threw it away after only a handful of uses. And I honestly don't even miss it.

on 1/8/2015 12:45:00 PM

I absolutely love this thing. I'm new to using foundation and I used to hardly wear it because I would apply it with my fingers and either get it uneven, too much, or not enough. I thought maybe it was because of the drugstore foundation I use, but that wasn't the problem. You eliminate the need for a mid-high end foundation with this product, so even though the initial investment is a bit pricey for a sponge, you will save money in the long run. Not only does it give a beautiful finish, but it makes applying makeup super quick and easy. The only tiny downside is cleaning it...but it is definitely worth it. I would recommend it to anyone who has a hard time applying foundation correctly or wanting to get a high end makeup finish with drugstore products.
Check online sites such as amazon...it'll be cheaper than in the store.

on 1/5/2015 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The best sponge ever! I love my BB! Blends your foundation so nice and leaves a flawless finish. Make sure to wet your sponge and dry it a bit before using for better application. Quite pricey for a little sponge but definitely worth it!

on 1/3/2015 3:30:00 AM

I LOVE MY BEAUTYBLENDER! It just blends out your concealer and foundation so seamlessly, it's truly a miracle product, I have tried cheaper no name brands and even the Real Techniques cheaper alternative and they simply do not compare. The beautyblender is just so soft, its the best make up sponge.

The pointed side is amazing for blending in around your eye, with the bottom and sides being great for the rest of your face. The only downside is the hefty price tag attached ($20 on a sponge???!!!) people will think i'm crazy for spending this much every 3-4 months. The other small downside is how to clean the sponge - although the next thing on my list is the beautyblender solid cleanser to fix this problem!

But the truth is, I will repurchase over and over again. I was without one for a few months as I live in Aus and have to buy online, so with the price tag and added shipping I kept putting it off and boy did could I tell a difference - my face make up did not blend properly (and it was also significantly more time consuming), i got a foundation line on my chin, it was just cakey and a hot mess.

In all, if you are debating this product, but are worried about the price tag or wasting money; don't be. It truly is a miracle product, with nothing else even coming close to being as wonderful as it :)

on 1/1/2015 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

At first I didn't like this sponge for anything other than concealer. I don't think this is a great idea for acne prone skin.

I initially used this by applying the foundation to the sponge from my palette (squeezed foundation onto a palette then picked up with sponge) but it absorbed A LOT of product.

After not doing that for a while, I one day applied the foundation to my face and then pounced my dampened (and squeezed in a paper towel) to blend. That made all the difference. I didn't have the massive waste of product and my skin looked awesome.

For powder, I don't suggest this be used with pressed powder. But it works wonderfully with loose powder to set the under eye and other spots concealer was used.

If you don't want to use this as your "brush" to buff/apply foundation, I've found it effective at making skin look perfected and getting rid of brush lines

As for the dye coming out of the sponge: I never had that issue. I washed before initial use with baby shampoo. And after EVERY SINGLE USE I make sure to wash thoroughly.

I see women complaining about stains and whatnot "never getting out" but if you cleaned the sponge after using your heavy duty foundations and concealer, you won't have the issue.

I used the cleanser that came with my duo pack, but I can get my blender just as clean with other soaps.

My 1 year old took a bite out of my blender one day, but I wasn't throwing out my $20 sponge because of it. I took a manicure scissor and "sharpened" the angle the point comes too. And I still love it.

on 12/25/2014 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So everyone has been going crazy about this sponge, so I really wanted to try it, and as for my first impression, this sponge is MAGIC! Creates such a flawless finish it's amazing. And it's so easy and quick!!! For me, I say instead of buying a $54 brush, buy this instead and you will get amazing results! The price is a little too much. And the packaging is so simple and cute. I love this! I recommend it for everyone!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools