Kiss My Face Olive Oil Soap

3.8

Not tested on animals

Saponified Olive Oil, Water, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid (a natural pH balance)

on 7/22/2009 12:44:00 PM

KMF gives a generous amount of this soap that lasts forever. I'm still on my first bar and I bought this several months ago. I do have a ventilated soap dish to store this bar but somehow it still gets a little gunky. I hate that...it gets all gooey everywhere on the soap dish. When I first started using this, my face was sensitive to it and I got little red spots temporarily. I just use it on my body now and if I do use it on my face, I use sparingly. It is much better than those drugstore brands such as Dove, Ivory, etc. and I would choose this olive oil soap over those anyday.

on 7/22/2009 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is the best, most gentle soap, hands down. I have horrible allergy to sls and anything that contains coconut so finding soap is very hard for me. I use this soap on my baby and it is WONDERFUL. I don't know what I would do without it, I have tried everything else and nothing is even close in terms of simple , safe ingredients.I scrub the soap on a puff and it makes a HUGE pile of bubbles. I did not know you could get soooo many bubbles without sls!!!! I use the foam to wash my baby ( not the puff of course) It is also a WONDERFUL soap to wash makeup brushes and sponges!!!!!!!! extremely effective. Never dries me out or gives me a rash. I plan to use the bars to make liquid soap too!!!

on 7/12/2009 3:33:00 PM

This soap keeps me from breaking out in the humid climate I live in. I had been using Cetaphil & had constant forehead breakouts and occasionally around my nose, too. Then I tried this soap on my face (previously I just used it for showers) and this took care of the breakouts. Used with a wash cloth and it's perfect. I used to use La Mer moisturizer (the oil-free version) and my skin is actually clearer and nicer looking using just the soap.

on 6/3/2009 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is disgusting. It smells really bad and stunk up the whole bathoom. It dried out my skin like a regular bar of soap would. It's also a pukey green color. I can't say anything good about this soap. I recommend DHC Cleasing Oil if you stomach the price, or if you're on a budget, Olivia Care Olive Oil Soap is outstanding and can be purchased on Amazon.

Having had a really good experience with a different olive oil bar soap (Olivella- which no stores in my area seem to carry...) I decided to try this. Price-wise, it's a good deal, the bar is really big- too big for me to handle comfortably. The smell is nothing to rave about, but not nauseating. I don't remember how this soap left my skin feeling, because I stopped using it as it broke my face out pretty bad. For a good, natural bar soap I recommend Burt's Bee's and Olivella.

on 5/5/2009 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm not very sensitive to fragrances, but this is the most god-awful smelling soap I've ever bought. I say bought instead of tried, because I never got around to using it - my husband used it first in the shower before I woke up - when my alarm went off I literally felt nauseous from the smell coming from the bathroom. I threw the soap out and had to scrub the shower down. Even if this were the best soap in the world, the fragrance was just way too strong and unpleasant.

on 3/1/2009 10:32:00 PM

I love this soap... It is great for shaving with (good slip & moisturizing) I agree with some people it gets goopy. These are my tips.

1) put the soap in a suction cup soap holder on the shower wall. The water drains through the holes in the bottom, and it keeps the soap dry.

2) I thought the bar was too big and cumbersome to handle. I took a regular serated kitchen knife and sawed the bar into 4 pieces. Viola, easy to handle individual soaps and easy for travel.

I don't use this on my face but I'm sure it would work great. The smell is fine. I put on scented lotion after my shower anyways, so who cares it just washes down the drain anyways.I do think it's a bit pricey. But it does last forever. And I shave with it daily and it lasts me about 8 months a bar. I think the fact that it air dries in my wall mounted soap holder helps it last much much longer.

I tried going back to regular shaving cream for a week b/c my boyfriend left some in my shower. EPIC FAIL. The Olive Oil soap provides a MUCH closer shave and it leaves my legs moisturized. Plus it is 1/100 the price of shaving cream considering 1 bar lasts me sooo long. The shaving cream left me SUPER itchy, dry, and gave me razor burn
( I haven't had razor burn in over a year since before I started shaving with the oilve oil soap, so I know the razor burn was from the damn shaving cream).
Def. sticking to what works. This is my HG product for shaving!

on 2/13/2009 2:35:00 AM

I started using this product about 2 years ago, and noticed a drastic improvement in my skin (face). I used to break out regularly and have rough under the skin bumbs. This soap made my face verrry smooth and soft, and stopped all break outs. My skin texture improved so that my skin looked dewy and moiturized but no longer greasy.
The only reason I have stopped buying this product is the gooey mess the bar of soap becomes after a few uses! It turns into a goopy lump of green stuff, and it gets all over everything.

However, I found a GREAT alternative that works even BETTER --
Olivella fragrance free olive oil bars! LOVE it!

on 2/10/2009 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i don't mind/care the look of the soap as some do. i don't love that it's "melty" and must be put in a vented soap dish to dry. i use this and have for several years, when i don't use a body wash. i have very dry skin due to a medical condition that destroys my moisture glands, and this does work to help clean and moisturize my skin. i don't find the scent offensive at all, but then it doesn't linger like with some body washes so it's not a concern either. i used to use this as my hg facial cleanser, but i have rosacea now and use aveeno calming face wash for that. but when i did it worked very well. this is great for elbow, knees, don't just put it on a puff in the shower which is what i mostly did, but for very dry areas rub the bar directly and you will see a difference. i suspect some who felt it was drying were not using it directly on their skin which is the way you get the most benefits of the olive oil. if you put in the right soap dish, this lasts forever. i often can't get the smaller bar so i buy the large and cut it down to a few smaller bars. this is a great hand soap to keep next to the sink as it will not dry your hands out.

on 2/10/2009 12:49:00 PM

i used to love this soap. recently i decided to buy it to use on my hair. well it seemed to work very well. after air drying my hair was shiny and soft. that night i noticed that it was hard to make my bun on my head for sleeping. the next day my hair instead of being wavy from being in my bun all night was sticking out in all directions! i brushed it and it was frizzy and dull looking. weird. it still felt soft just weird.
usually i wash my hair with a coconut oil based soap (chandrika) and wanted to switch to an olive oil based soap because i thought it would be less drying. well it wasn't for me.
BUT i tried this soap for washing greasy dishes! it works great for this! this is a great and inexpensive soap to have next to the sink for dish washing - just swipe the sponge on the soap and scrub! all the oil came off my plates and it doesn't have a chemical smell to it.
so i will probably buy this again just to use as a kitchen soap!

Popular Gels/Soaps