April 25, 2014 | 1102 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by FrizzBgone

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Creme de la Mer moisturizing cream has done wonders on my skin. I wouldn't allow myself to try it for the longest time - even though my mother was raving about it. I didn't want to like it because it is so expensive. I finally got a sample and was shocked at the difference it made in my skin. My skin is dehydrated and extremely dry with quite a bit of redness. It can also be sensitive. The moisturizing cream calmed my skin - I've never seen my skin react so favourably and so quickly. It was bizarre. Because it was so noticeable, I didn't think it would be long lasting. My skin is still not perfect, but it looks the best it has in years.

It is expensive - no doubt about it. If you apply it the way they tell you to, you only need a very small amount. It is also important that it is applied correctly. I managed to get the sample they gave me to last over 2 weeks. I don't use it on my neck or chest - not because it doesn't work, but because of the cost. I can use other effective products that aren't as costly. The reason the La Mer is a keeper for me is how quickly and effectively it calms any redness in my skin. My skin really looks like it is glowing when I use it.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by catinca85

Creme de la Mer is not sold in my country, Romania, which made me want this product even more! So much hype, so many good reviews ... I finally bought it in Berlin recently and - surprise! - I don't like it at all.
I am 28 years old, dry skin, accustomed to a lot of beauty products, but not this.I rarely break out when trying new creams, but Creme de la Mer gave me small red inflammations on my face. I used it a few days (morning and night), then stopped. It was not particularly moisturizing either (Rexaline from Sephora or Guinot Hydrazone are) - practically it did not do anything except make me break out.
I use it now on my boyfriend, he's got very dry skin and does not use any products; he doesn't break out, but still the cream doesn't do much for him.
Will not repurchase, surely. This was a real busted myth for me.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by katayoun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using the creme for several years. I have dry-ish, acne prone skin (it is a little oily during my period). I started using CdLM in my mid-20's, and it made me break out occasionally. Now, I am not in my 20's, and I found that the older I get, the more I like the creme, because it is so moisturizing. I typically use this only at night, but occasionally (often in the winter) use this both night and day. The creme helps calm my skin, and even my skin tone. I wake up to refreshed, dewey skin! My friends often comment on how nice my skin looks!

The packaging is OK. It is a luxurious porcelain jar with a porcelain spatula. I really like the packaging. HOWEVER, apparently it is better for everything to come in a tube or pump, so there's that. If the ingredients really do become unstable because of packaging, then I guess the current packaging is a problem. It is pretty though :)

I know there are a lot of negative comments, and maybe the ingredients aren't rare, and maybe it doesn't work miracles, but it is does work well, better than most moisturizers I've tried (and I've tried a lot). Anyway, it is pricey, and definitely NOT worth it if it means that you go without food. But, if it the price won't cause hardship, I think it is a nice cream.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by mdaustin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was one of the first premium products I tried and at the time I thought it was just amazing. I was using drugstore lotions and La Mer's packaging, smell and texture really was luxurious in comparison. Once I started trying other things, the allure wore off on me. It really is like a top product from a past generation. These days a "secret" blend of oceanic whatever just doesn't cut it - not without results. Thank you, La Mer, for introducing me to high end creams but our relationship wasn't meant to last.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by toniraines

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this line for years. All I can say is that I am 50 and everyone thinks I'm in my mid to late 30's.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by zuleikadobson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i would buy this again, well, if someone else bought it for me.

My feelings on this product are all prejudiced by the price. If this were sold at the drugstore for 3.99 a pot, I might buy it again. I don't know. As it is, I'm too scared to actually use enough of it to really tell if it has any effect.

It does feel quite nice as a heavy night cream, I suppose, and seems to be kinder on my extremely dry and sensitive skin than other creams - seems to have some reparative effects.

basically totally nonplussed.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by bansheegirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this product. But when I first applied it to my face, it felt heavy and greasy. And the smell made my eyes water and feel droopy. It reminded me of the old Pond's Cold Cream, only heavier. I wouldn't recommend this for people with strong-fragrance issues. I still have the original little pot because I can't bring myself to toss out something that expensive, but I won't be using it again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Sumptergal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wouyld buy this product monthly if I could afford it. But in this economy and these prices - I am afraid it is Ponds for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by emmaqj

Folks seem to be split on this product -- it is either a skin saver/miracle, or it is over-hyped. Given the price, I absolutely think this is more image than reality, and CDM really is not the miracle its made out to be. That said, it is a very good moisturizer for when you have really dryed out your skin and want something to counteract that. I have CDM, but I view it as an "emergency" moisturizer, which I use more as a treatment before I go to bed. When my skin is very irritated, I do find that applying CDM at night means I will be less irritated in the morning. That said, I am sure many other products have similar results that are not nearly so expensive. I haven't quite found what I want there though, so I continue to keep this around, but I have it forever since I use it so very rarely. I actually do find that at least the actual CDM has the real benefit of intense moisture, as opposed to The Concentrate which I do think is basically 100% hype with no obvious benefits and real risks for anyone with acne prone skin.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by AMCW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've never been happier to buy into the hype as I LOVE this moisturiser!

I have normal/dry skin that can be sensitive and, if I use too much of the wrong moisturiser, prone to milia and breakouts.

It may well be in the art of the recommended application and the fact that due to it being more expensive than my regular moisturiser I'm definitely using less product but - I've been using Creme de la Mer since the beginning of the year and can honestly say that I have never been happier with my skin.

Fine lines are less noticeable, milia have disappeared, breakouts are few & far between - and friends have commented that on how good my skin looks.

It is expensive but it's worked for me - and I will definitely be re-purchasing.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No