September 22, 2014 | 1268 users online

Dry Shampoo - Cornstarch as Dry Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

Works great as a translucent face powder. You get a lot and its sooo much cheaper than buying and actual face powder. Keeps my skin matte all day. i use this on top of my revlon colorstay and its great!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 12:03:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Now I haven't tried tons of dry shampoos but out of the few (cheaper) ones I've tried, this works much better. I get a bit on my fingertips & rub into my scalp, aiming for the under layers so I'm not dumping a bunch of white powder onto my hairline. I don't have problems w/it turning my hair gray even though I have medium brown hair. You can always blast w/a hairdryer for a few mins if you're worried about that. This gives great volume & lets me wait another day or 2 to wash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this as an affordable face powder to set my makeup with no ill effects when all else fails.You will need to apply with a light hand. I don't like all the chemicals and fragrances in commerical face powder. You don't need a ton, just a very light dusting and it sets your makeup wonderfully.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by theymightbejenny

I don't know how I lived before using this stuff. My scalp/hair is so oily that sometimes it gets just a little greasy in the morning even when I had washed it the night before. Yeah, that bad. This stuff is a miracle. I was about to drop money on expensive dry shampoo when I read that you could just use cornstarch instead. Huge money saver right there.

Anyway, I use this in between washings (it's an absolute LIFESAVER when I'm late!) and as a touch up. I keep it in a little container in my bathroom and just dip my fingers in, no fanciness necessary. I fluff it into my roots and bangs, wait a minute, then brush it all out. It soaks up all the oil and even volumizes a bit, too. I have medium-dark brown hair and I haven't had a problem with discoloration, but if you have very dark brown-black hair, then just go easy on it or it might make you look ghostly.

There's no cons to this. If you have oily hair, go out and buy some right now. Make sure to check your pantry first though, you might already have it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 8:39:00 PM More reviews by rocknride

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used ordinary kitchen cornstarch many times in my makeup regime. I dip my powder brush into a small container of cornstarch and use it as a finishing powder or blend it with other powders with pigment to set my makeup. I always brush and blend a small amount onto my eyelids to set my eye makeup too. For me it works to keep some of the shine down on my face and less creasing on my eyelids. It is an uber cheap fix for the oilies..

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Maizzy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this as a face powder. Usually after about an hour of putting on other face powders my nose resembles an oil slick. Not so with cornstarch.

My face has stayed matte the whole day, maybe slightly dewey by the end of the day. By far an improvement :]

I took some of my cooking cornstarch and put it in a little container that makes it easier to dip my powder brush into. it's pretty convenient, actually.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2009 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Suchan

Well, it never occurred to me to use cornstarch cosmetically until I read MUA reviews. I tried it for my hair, and it didn't do much for me. However, I mixed it with my too-dark face powder . . . and it does a fantastic job of keeping my oilies at bay! Frankly, this has worked better than anything I've ever used at keeping my face matte all day. I've had my makeup on for 12 hours now . . . and my face still feels pretty fresh. Instead of raiding my kitchen cabinets next time, I'll go out and buy J&J's baby cornstarch for its shaker-bottle package. Thanks for the recos!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2008 9:11:00 AM More reviews by nunzi182

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this as a transulecent powder on my face for the past couple of weeks to control oil and I have to see it's better than any powder I've ever tried. At nine o clock at night my skin only has the tiniest sheen to it whereas before I was so greasy it was embarrassing, this has been a lifesaver!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2008 11:50:00 AM More reviews by azaleadeez

It's cheap. It's translucent. It didn't make me break out. But it didn't help control my oily skin and not on my oily scalp either.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Tina68

I hate to ruin a product's perfect record, but cornstarch as a makeup primer did not work for me. Wait....let me qualify this; it did keep me relatively matte for a long time and I was over the moon about this. I was never as matte as I was with cornstarch under my makeup. Worked better than anything I've ever used. Unfortunately, it broke me out. WIthin a few days of adding cornstarch to my makeup routine, I had three - not one or even two, but three ginormous pimples on my right cheek. Very big, very red and very there. I put the cornstarch away. I'm glad it worked for others, but pretty bummed it didn't work for me. I put it back in the kitchen where it shall stay.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No