November 27, 2014 | 1518 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - DUO - Eyelash Adhesive

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This stuff is pretty great and holds lashes well. Granted I have never tried another adhesive, because I wear falsies only for nice events (which for me is like once every 2 months). I can't wear them daily, they drive my sensitive eyes bananas.
I like that this adhesive is easily accessible (almost any drugstore in the U.S), cheap, dries clear, and does the job.
I do have an issue with the packaging as it is kinda messy and typically squirts out way too much product. I don't know what packaging would be better though :/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I use falsies every singe day, and I cannot live without this baby! Having said that, I love how this applies so easily because of the packaging and because it gets really tacky fast, unlike some cheap lash glues I've used in the past that took forever to dry and when it does, it still looks white and not clear. This is also really easy to take off. I find that it hold on to my lashes really well throughout the day--I have never experienced having to take off and reapply my lashes with this--but at the same time it doesn't cling on my lid so much that I would have to tug at my eye and cause me to pull out my lashes whenever I take this off at night. I really recommend using this over any lash glue out there, especially those that come free with your lashes because this makes putting on and taking off your lashes so much easier.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by missfit111

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

DO NOT USE THIS GLUE! This is the first review I have ever written- my experience with this glue has been so bad that I feel compelled to warn you guys! About a month ago I had thick and long lashes but I decided I wanted to play with fake lashes for the fun of it. I used this glue and everything seemed fine. After a couple of days my eyes were so swollen- I could not recognize myself in the mirror. I didn't realize it was because of the glue, so I actually used more lashes and dark shadow to try to hide the swelling. I kept going over my new makeup products testing them on my wrist. Finally I got to the glue- put it on my wrist- it BURNED!! For some reason it didn't really burn on my eyes but the swelling has been really tough even though I only used it around three times. It has been almost a month and my eyelids are still swollen. Doctors orders are to stop wearing eye makeup for six months. I can't even wear mascara. My eyes still itch even ever after all the steroids and medications. And to top it off I have about half of the lashes I used to have, as I've been finding them scattered all over my face. I would cry about it- trust me I've tried- but turns out I can't fabricate tears at the moment as my eyes are chronically dry. Please try a glue that doesn't contain liquid latex! Even if you have been using this you can develop allergies to it at any point- it's just not worth the risk. I know Revlon makes a latex free glue called Precision Lash Adhesive - I'll be testing that one out in the future when I get to wear eye makeup again- and not because I'll feel like it but because I'll actually need the fake lashes.
I used to love doing my eye makeup every morning. Now I just look ten years older and wake up every day looking at the mirror hoping I get my eyes and lashes back. I hope this keeps someone out there from going through this nightmare!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Kidlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this with a makeup order for $5 and I must say it makes applying the lashes so much easier then the cheaper drug store brands! also they lasted all day so for me this product is a win.

it lost one lippie because I didn't like the smell and the tip made it difficult the apply the glue at first but I finally got it with a little practice.

the one thing I'm unhappy about is that only inglot sells this glue here and it retails for Dhs60 so that $16!!! =/

I felt robbed when I saw the price online!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 8:53:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

For the (inexpensive) price - I like DUO as a lash adhesive - I get the clear.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 6:30:00 AM More reviews by sweetdase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I read the reviews and decided to try this lash glue but my gosh, this stuff stings my eyes! Not to mention, it contains formaldehyde in it which is probably the reason too! The glue does work well and keeps the lashes in place but my eyes just continuously water because it stings throughout the time I wear it. It mentions it is waterproof but it actually isn't. There was a review on the different type of lash glues and this one doesn't hold up. So ladies, if it rains, beware of loose falsies! I actually use the Onedollareyelash glue from website Onedollareyelashes.com and that one actually works well for a fraction of the price of Duo's and it holds just as well without the formaldehyde in it. And that is also reason why the Duo glue stinks, it's because of the formaldehyde, which is a known carcinogen to the body. I would never buy this product again nor use it. I threw out the rest of my tube since the smell got to me and gave me burning eyes. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by mimo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yes, this is a good glue, but c'mon Duo--narrow the tip of the larger size!!!!
The smell also is strange, but quickly dissipates. Very good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by sofiej

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best lash glue I've ever tried. The one that dries dark makes it easy for anyone to master applying falsies!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by uponbluemoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, this adhesive makes applying falsies a breeze! I used to mess with cheapie lash glues from the drugstore and they made such a mess and the falsies still fell off. With DUO, I apply the lashes in the morning and they last well into the night! Just make sure you wait about 1-2 minutes for the glue to dry a bit before putting falsies on.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 4:36:00 AM More reviews by aznbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best eyelash adhesive I've ever tried. I've been using this for two years now. Once I ran out of the small tube I paid for at London Drugs, I purchased the larger sized bottle at Sephora, which is packaged HORRIBLY. That's why I took off one lippie. It's very easy to squeeze too hard and excess glue drips out from the tip. Because of the wide diameter of the tip - as opposed to the tinier and more precise tip of the small tube, the glue gets everywhere. If you're not careful and squeeze too hard when applying onto the seam, it'll get all over the lash strip itself and ruin it :(. I like the packaging of the small tube better (much more control and precision).