October 20, 2014 | 1515 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Bb Shine

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2007 10:50:00 PM More reviews by jennadee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After trying nearly every silicone based shine product on the market I finally went with this stuff. It is awesome. Unlike other products like Biosilk Silk Therapy it comes in aerosol form so I don't get that crap all over my hands. Immediately after spraying it on my dry hair I could tell the difference. I have long, straight, fine, thick hair and this eliminated all... fluffiness as if I had used my Chi flatiron on it. The smell is grotesque but it disappears completely after about 10 seconds. It is very expensive but well worth the price considering I didn't have to use the flat iron afterwards. I bought the 1oz can from a salon for $19 but I wish I would have just bought the large $40 can. Like all shine products a little goes a long way so I expect this to last awhile. The packaging is pretty, a gold box, but it seems like it's really just used to hide how small the bottle is. Anyway this is a small fault, I love this stuff. I read somewhere this is what they use in the Pantene Pro V commercials. So shiny and straight, with no grease. I LOVE IT

It's been a few years since I've actually used this, it didn't really add anything to my hair. I can't say I'm very wild about it, however i still like it better than the silicone based products like the Biosilk,

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2007 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Katherin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product its AMAZING !!!i have wavy hair and im always flat iron it !!!i use straight and i get straight shiny hair...you use bbshine and bang you would get extra shine...the smell its good, it smells like when you open a new doll from its package...i love the package it .. its really chick, it comes on a golden container and the spray has a nice looking too !!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2007 12:37:00 PM More reviews by splash0306

Iíve been using this Bumble and Bumble Shine product lately and do like it but, itís way too costly. --$19 & 35 for the larger size.

Iíve tried a number of shine products and most leave my hair slightly greasy. My hair is fine and straight, so most products can overwhelm it.

This is not greasy and comes out in a fine mist. (use sparingly, a little, goes a long way) It definitely makes my hair a bit glossier & more slick looking without weighting it down. (Slicks down those little frizzes and combats some static)

Leaves the hair shiny, gives some texture and has a great silky feel. Beware the price is high.

Packaging quality- they could ditch the fancy cardboard it comes in. Why waste the trees?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2007 12:39:00 PM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Bought this at christmas time. Its by far the best shine spray i have tried and i think I've tried them all. Not greasy & comes out in a fine mist. The smell is eeehhh, but not really a problem for me. Will Def. repurchase over and over again!
update 11/4/11-purchased new version-smell is a little alcohol like-but def not a stench like others say. Works as well as old version-high shine-not greasy-must use sparingly as it is quite concentrated. Also you must use a good conditioner with any shine spray and not rely on the spray to compensate for a sub par conditioning product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2006 8:14:00 AM More reviews by lian_qiu

I must have been crazy to pay $68AUS for it, but after reading all these rave reviews, I had to try it. I have naturally jet black hair and caramel (medium brown) highlights, so shine is an important factor to look good. Plus I have thick and coarse hair which is difficult to style. It definitely makes them glossier and more slick looking without weighting them down. I can only use it for special occasions due to the price (I'm still in college), however I'll definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2006 1:52:00 AM More reviews by sparkalark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The shine serums I was using was making my hair too oily and although I would use my hands, I felt like the shine was not being distributed evenly. This product is great because you can spray it all over or on areas you need it and it comes out very light. I don't like my hair looking freshly shampooed and blow dried and this shine spray gives me the perfect "slept in" look without my hair looking or feeling greasy. I've tried waxes, serums, cremes and this is the only product that satisfies me. My only complaints would be the smell (smells like oil) and the fact that they are wasting packaging by putting the spray bottle in an additional gold box. Although pricey, I will be buying this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2006 9:59:00 PM More reviews by amanda24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love this product. My hair is course and damaged from coloring and blow drying/flat ironing every day. I have no natural shine or lustre. Thats where this product comes in. When I am completely finished styling my hair, I do just a few sprays of this, and my hair has this gorgeous sheen over it. Its the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2006 12:39:00 PM More reviews by LynBarton

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is amazing! It has to be because it sprays.
Don't inhale this regularly. I have thick thick hair
that tends to be dry. No more! Start off with just a few
sprays and see how it works on your hair. I am in my third
day with it on my mane and it still looks shiny, smooth and
wonderful.
I will rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2006 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Candykurls

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!
Stop yourself from using too much. I little, goes a LONG WAY. I love this product, especially after a blow out, or just to refresh my hair, after 2-3 days, of not washing it, and brushing out hairspray, my hair will look a little dry on the ends, and greasey near the scalp. This product makes my hair look so healthy again at the ends. (Use B&B spray powder on roots, also EXCELLENT)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2006 10:06:00 AM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This expensive little thing..i paid 19$ for an oz but it works like a charm. Oh the packaging is soo cute :D I tried it on the first time yesterday and lovee it..its very light(i mean veryyy light)non greasy and made my hair superrrrr shiny.So far i like this product..i am going to update the review after using it for a while.