Almay Oil-free eye makeup remover liquid

2.2

Water (Aqua), Poloxamer 184, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

on 7/25/2011 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I must be in the minority here...I like this product as much as others hate this and Great Lash mascara. I was at Ulta and decided to pick up this remover during a sale. I liked how it was in a lighter purple bottle and the packaging (or at least the label) looked updated compared to what I had seen at CVS. I used the remover after I swam and jogged (over an hour of activity) and had applied mascara and shadow earlier. I had taken off my contacts prior too. Point is, my eyes and skin had been through a lot=) Based on the reviews, I thought oh gosh, something's gonna sting...to my surprise the remover worked well! Not at all oily, everything was removed really well using a moistened pad. I did this at night and when I woke up my eyes and skin were fine. So even though there are a lot of naysayers regarding this Almay product, I tested it and everything worked out well=)

on 4/20/2011 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Awful, awful product. Burns my eyes like no one's business and removes absolutely nothing. When it does remove things, it is only because I scrubbed and scrubbed, and I don't want to keep doing that and get wrinkles. I've tried shaking it and nothing helps it work better. It also leaves a weird sticky residue that makes my under eye concealer go on spotty and weird. My Neutrogena Oil-Free works a million times better, back to using that.
Would not buy again.

on 4/18/2011 4:56:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

seriously...this does NOT work at removing waterproof mascara AT ALL!!! terrible....don't waste your money.

on 4/13/2011 8:07:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I saw the review in Real Simple magazine and bought without checking my reliable MUA. What a mistake,this makeup remover does not work at. Lancome Bi-facil is much better.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

All I have to say is this did not work for me. I usually use Neutrogena Oil Free Makeup Remover. I thought I'd try something else because I didn't really like the oily feel of the Neutrogena. I wear pretty heavy eye make up and when using this I had to scrub and scrub to get half of it off. So I guess if you wore very light makeup this might work for you, but I would not recommend for anyone wearing waterproof makeup or heavily applied makeup. On the plus side, it really was not oily at all and did not sting my eyes.

on 2/24/2011 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This makeup remover isnt for a heavy duty makeup junkie like myself. Doesnt remove much makeup at all unless you like scrubbing your eyes. The one positive thing i can say is that it Doesnt aggravate my contacts...but that really Doesnt matter when it doesnt work!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a fine product for the price. I do not use waterproof items however!

on 1/22/2011 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

completely useless. can't even take off regular mascara. when it dries, it's really sticky. will never buy again.

on 1/1/2011 4:54:00 PM

BEWARE! This product is absolute junk and should be taken off the market. If you don't mind your eyes burning/stinging for a hour or two, you might as well use soap. It is much more efficient at removing mascara, or anything else for that matter.

I will go back to my "generic" brand version of Neutrogena. I wouldn't even rate this product a 1, but that's as low as you can go.

on 10/15/2010 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Doesn't remove waterproof mascara. Dealbreaker.