November 23, 2014 | 2033 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Oil-free eye makeup remover liquid

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by TheBlueOrchid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

All I have to say is this did not work for me. I usually use Neutrogena Oil Free Makeup Remover. I thought I'd try something else because I didn't really like the oily feel of the Neutrogena. I wear pretty heavy eye make up and when using this I had to scrub and scrub to get half of it off. So I guess if you wore very light makeup this might work for you, but I would not recommend for anyone wearing waterproof makeup or heavily applied makeup. On the plus side, it really was not oily at all and did not sting my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Msritajanay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This makeup remover isnt for a heavy duty makeup junkie like myself. Doesnt remove much makeup at all unless you like scrubbing your eyes. The one positive thing i can say is that it Doesnt aggravate my contacts...but that really Doesnt matter when it doesnt work!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Chellemakepeace

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a fine product for the price. I do not use waterproof items however!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2011 10:33:00 AM More reviews by crazycici

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

completely useless. can't even take off regular mascara. when it dries, it's really sticky. will never buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by ehweyand

BEWARE! This product is absolute junk and should be taken off the market. If you don't mind your eyes burning/stinging for a hour or two, you might as well use soap. It is much more efficient at removing mascara, or anything else for that matter.

I will go back to my "generic" brand version of Neutrogena. I wouldn't even rate this product a 1, but that's as low as you can go.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2010 8:29:00 AM More reviews by jakay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Doesn't remove waterproof mascara. Dealbreaker.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by sdr95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I think I'm a minority...but....I LOVE this stuff....Yeah, it doesn't remove water proof mascara..which sucks, but coconut or jojoba oil works like a charm for that. I actually use this as an all over make up remover. It cleans like it's nobody's business yet it's SOOOOO gentle. I do find that it is a bit pricy considering how much you do need to use.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Noobette

Lets keep this short and to the point:
- Barely removes the make up
- There's always residue
- Takes too long to remove make up, requires too much rubbing and scrubbing
- Stings the eyes
- Greasy, despite non-greasy claim

Overall: Not an effective remover, despite cheap price. Would not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2010 5:06:00 AM More reviews by auraceen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the worst thing I've used to remove eye makeup. The first issue is that it doesn't remove waterproof anything like it claims. I use Maybelline Full and Soft mascara in waterproof and I think that's a pretty non-gunky mascara. Doesn't come off unless I close my eyes and rub at them for a while with a well moistened cotton ball. A little of this stuff goes no where. Then half the mascara comes off my lashes (along with a lash or two) and the removed mascara is transferred to under my eyes. I thought maybe that it was because it's formulated to remove Almay products better, but I found that it took a lot of work to remove my Almay black eyeliner. Even with the uber oily pink cap Maybelline eye makeup remover, I could swipe under my eyes with a finger or q-tip and the stains will go away, but not with this product. It just scoots the smeared mascara together and feels abrasive when I try to rub it off with a finger.

Secondly, even though it is a non-oily formula, it leaves a weird residue/feeling on my skin. It feels like there's a sticky layer over my skin. It's not like messy candy sticky....just a weird, uncomfortable sticky. Something that only my moisturizing face washes can get rid of.

The other big thing is the amount of product needed to get some eye makeup off. A little bit works fine for removing any type of eyeshadow (minus the sticky residue). If I splash a bit more product on a cotton ball to remove more than just eyeshadow, the liquid gets into my eyes. It doesn't irritate my eyes, but it irritates me that this happens so often.

You can get it for $5 at Target, but I'm giving it a 3 for price since it goes really fast for an ineffective product. I've also got to add, it doesn't even remove NON-waterproof mascara! Seriously....WATER removes non-waterproof mascara (you know as the name implies), but this stuff is one step below water. I think it's really weird that it works well with eyeshadow, but not anything else.

Bottom line: Stay away from Almay, go for Neutrogena makeup remover instead. It's tons better for about the same price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by celevia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

THIS BURNED MY EYES!!!!!! i bought this on a whim just to try a drugstore product out because i love my lancome bi-facil eye makeup remover...holy crap this stung my eyes so bad,,after putting it against my eye,,my eye was irritated red and i had to splash lots of water to wash it out,,and after all that it didn't even take off my non-waterproof mascara!!! i lost all faith in drugstore eye makeup removers,,back to my lacome bi-facil