August 2, 2014 | 1641 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Satsuma Body Butter

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2011 1:25:00 AM More reviews by oosagi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the Satsuma scent, and I would love this product, if only it had about half the fragrance it does. It's just way too strongly scented, I can't use it as a normal body moisturizer. I have to either mix a little with an unscented lotion, or else just this product more like a perfume with a dab here and there. It's too bad--like I said, I adore the Satsuma scent. I'll use it up, (and am I ever glad I got the small tub), but I won't repurchase because if I buy a body butter, I want a moisturizer, not a perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Kaytaleen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have really dry skin and have used body butters in the past and they just don't seem to do much. So I decided to try TBS line and since I've always loved their soaps, and especially the Satsuma fragrance, I gave it a try. I didn't know that this particular body butter is rated for 'normal' skin, I wouldn't have believed it! It's so moisturizing, lovely and creamy and my skin stays moisturized for hours and hours with this product! I can't imagine what the butters for 'dry' skin would be like, if they're anything like this one then they must be amazing! I adore the scent, so fresh. A perfect summertime scent!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by ewtoast

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Body Shop Body Butters. I LOVE THEM. And I FREAKING LOVED this scent at first. It smells sweet and citrusy and natural and amazing. But I guess this product must have a super duper short shelf life. I had Satsuma in the smallest size container and it smelled good for the first 6 months or so. But I pulled it out of my cabinet one day and put some on my legs and my friend was like "Dude. Is that you? Something smells weird." I told her to sniff my ankle (as odd as that sounds) and she said that yes, it was definitely the lotion I was wearing. She said it didn't smell terrible, but not particularly good. I think it smelled kind of like a musty house. So DON'T BE FOOLED. It really does smell good at first. But after a while it won't smell so awesome, and you'll keep putting it on because you're like "Hey. Maybe it's just me or something. It smelled great when I bought it." And then you wear it. And you realize it doesn't smell to awesome anymore. I wouldn't recommend this particular scent to a friend, but the other body butters (strawberry, raspberry, coconut, etc) smell fantastico! And they're super moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by JanisM2011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love the scent and ALL body butters are wonderful

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Hesseley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Body Shop's quality is hard to beat, and I love the green packaging that cares about the environment. Their lotions and especially body butters are so luxurious and absorb quickly into the skin that's still damp from the shower. Satsuma is my favorite line of theirs, and it is heavenly. The fresh, zesty citrus is an instant pick-me-up, but still smells smooth without being too perky. My skin stays soft and pampered all day after using the body butter. At over $18 a jar, it is pricey, but I definitely stock up on it when it goes on sale!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 3:05:00 AM More reviews by BakeCupcakesNotWar

This is one of my favorite body butters. I'll be so upset if it's ever discontinued! It has a wonderful smell that isn't overwhelming. It's in a jar, as most body butters are, which is a plus for me. It's got a whipped consistency and applies wonderfully on the skin. It takes a few minutes to sink into the skin, though. It leaves my skin soft and smelling great. The scents has decent staying power, as well. IMO, this particular scent can be worn year round.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

This has got to be one of my favourite scents! Mmm, it smells delicious, and leaves my skin feeling very soft. I just apply a little bit to my neck, chest and arms. The thing is, I don't like using generous amounts because I don't want my container to ever run out. I will only buy this when it goes on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by jillian38

Best smell ever. Lasts all day long. Perfect moisturizer for normal skin. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 8:43:00 AM More reviews by _AlleyCat_

My favorite body fragrance of all time. Love Satsuma. This is very moisturizing, more so than the Satsuma puree lotion. The big tub is 20.00 and you can get mini body butters for 8.00. I wish it came in something besides a tub though.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by mystere69

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the scent in the container! I really don't like the unpleasant smell it leaves on your skin after a while. I would buy this again because it won't clog your pores as much. It absorbs well into your skin, and quickly. You can put this on at night and it will be gone by morning.