The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Who doesn't love TBS BB's? I LOVE THEM!
This particular scent of their BB's is wonderful, and the BB itself moisturizes exactly how it's intended to, after all this is for NORMAL SKIN, if you have dry skin or do not like the smell of Satsuma you are dropping the perfect rating of this moisturizer because you won't like it. But I love it, it is summer right now, and I do not have unbearably dry skin, and it moisturizes lovely, like a Souffle - a really light body butter. PERFECT! I love the tubs too. :) 5/5

I cannot rave ENOUGH about the Body Shop's line of body butters. They are incredibly moisturizing, but they are a bit greasy so I don't suggest using it in the morning, but it works fantastic after you shower at night (as I do). I find that when I don't use this, my skin the next morning looks dry and wrinkly (gross).
When I use it, it glides on so smoothly and it feels great when I massage it on my arms, legs, etc.
The smell is also amazing too; at first I was particular about it. It smelled a bit too much like a citrus cleaner...but after using it for about a week or two, I fell in LOVE with it. Would definitely recommend to someone with money, because the body shop tends to be a bit pricey. Try to catch them on buy 2, get 1 free or buy 3, get 2 free sales :)

I rediscovered this recently, I used to love this scent when I was a teenager and just forgot all about it and TBS in general while exploring products into adulthood. I received this body butter tin (i.e. plastic) as a gift and slathered it on one night after bath, thinkin', "hmm, this makes me happy and nostalgic..." when I was suddenly attacked by my SO who sniffed and rigorously questioned me on what the smell was, where'd I get it, what's it called, etc., then he ran to the bathroom to apply it all over himself.
Long story short, he loves it more than I do, so now this and the liquid hand soap is a permanent staple in our bathroom. Which is fine with me because it works well as smells yummy.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

One of my favourite scents. Moisturizes fairly well, though it wasn't as good in the winter when my skin was much more dry. The scent also lasts a LONG time. I will buy again if it's on sale, but it's not an absolute must-have for me.

It smells so yummy that I wanna eat me sometimes..lol

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

This is THE BEST SCENT ive ever smelled. Period. It leaves my skin baby soft and not oily. I LOVE IT. My only complaint is that it isnt all natural and has parabens! Other than that... it is perfection!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love the Satsuma scent, and I would love this product, if only it had about half the fragrance it does. It's just way too strongly scented, I can't use it as a normal body moisturizer. I have to either mix a little with an unscented lotion, or else just this product more like a perfume with a dab here and there. It's too bad--like I said, I adore the Satsuma scent. I'll use it up, (and am I ever glad I got the small tub), but I won't repurchase because if I buy a body butter, I want a moisturizer, not a perfume.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have really dry skin and have used body butters in the past and they just don't seem to do much. So I decided to try TBS line and since I've always loved their soaps, and especially the Satsuma fragrance, I gave it a try. I didn't know that this particular body butter is rated for 'normal' skin, I wouldn't have believed it! It's so moisturizing, lovely and creamy and my skin stays moisturized for hours and hours with this product! I can't imagine what the butters for 'dry' skin would be like, if they're anything like this one then they must be amazing! I adore the scent, so fresh. A perfect summertime scent!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love Body Shop Body Butters. I LOVE THEM. And I FREAKING LOVED this scent at first. It smells sweet and citrusy and natural and amazing. But I guess this product must have a super duper short shelf life. I had Satsuma in the smallest size container and it smelled good for the first 6 months or so. But I pulled it out of my cabinet one day and put some on my legs and my friend was like "Dude. Is that you? Something smells weird." I told her to sniff my ankle (as odd as that sounds) and she said that yes, it was definitely the lotion I was wearing. She said it didn't smell terrible, but not particularly good. I think it smelled kind of like a musty house. So DON'T BE FOOLED. It really does smell good at first. But after a while it won't smell so awesome, and you'll keep putting it on because you're like "Hey. Maybe it's just me or something. It smelled great when I bought it." And then you wear it. And you realize it doesn't smell to awesome anymore. I wouldn't recommend this particular scent to a friend, but the other body butters (strawberry, raspberry, coconut, etc) smell fantastico! And they're super moisturizing.

love the scent and ALL body butters are wonderful

Top Rated The Body Shop Products