October 25, 2014 | 1661 users online

Styling Products - Proclaim Glossing Polish

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2007 1:37:00 PM More reviews by RtiQlitQT

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought a small sized bottle of this to try because of the good reviews here; however, this product weighed my long, fine, wavy hair down, and if I apply too much, it makes my hair greasy. I'm sure this is because of the oils in it, which is too bad because it smells WONDERFUL! In fact, it is one of the best-smelling hair care products I've ever come across. It has a very subdued sweet fragrance. I'm sure this product is deserving of it's good reviews because I suspect it will work wonders on thicker hair. It is full of good silicones and good oils. It just did not work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2007 7:12:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

This review is for the "Color & Heat Protection" one in the red bottle. Love, love, love! I'm such a glossing polish fiend and I have so many but I find some are too thick and almost sticky or they contain alcohol. Not this one. In addition to the usual cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, etc... it also contains ethyl ester of hydrolyzed silk, tocopherol acetate, aloe leaf extract, and safflowerseed oil... and a faint Kool-aid scent that dissipates.
I don't know if this protects any better than their regular Glossing Polish but this one does have the silk whereas the regular one does not. Works very well to smooth, defrizz and for flat ironing. My hair feels sooo soft!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2007 4:16:00 PM More reviews by charmander

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is GREAT stuff. I purchased this at my local Sally's after reading all the wonderful reviews.

My hair- right after I wash it, it is poofy and sort of frizzy, and thick. (I have straight to wavy hair and I'm half asian).
A day after- it gets oily, and feels dirty.
I used this for the first time yesterday after I took a shower and towel dried my hair. I used around 10 drops because I have very long hair. This morning, it is frizz-free and just the hair I'm always trying to achieve by controlling other factors like how much I dry it, when I wash it...now I don't have to get paranoid because I've found my miracle weapon. I did get the one that was made for heat protection (the red bottle instaed of the regular one)- I've got color treated hair and I'm thinking about buying a Sedu iron to straighten my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2007 7:29:00 PM More reviews by LauraP24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has got to be one of my favorite hair products, I've used it for almost 5 yrs now. It leaves my hair so healthy looking, silky, and shiny! My hair is dry, highlighted, thick and wavy, and no matter how much of this I use, it never looks greasy and doesn't build up. Love the sweet scent. I'll continue to re-purchase.
Edit: 02/05/09: I really do swear by this. I use it after ABBA Nourishing leave-on, and recently my stylist actually called over the salon owner to feel how soft my hair is, she was amazed. I greatly attribute the shine & condition to this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2007 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett_Canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This serum weighs down my hair and whenever I use it, my nape hairs get all tangled.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2007 5:46:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to spend over $30 for Biosilk until a friend told me about this. It's about $5 at Sally's and works EXACTLY the same. It smoothes and gives tons of shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2007 4:39:00 PM More reviews by interruptedx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm absolutly obsessed with this product. It keeps frizz away like no other I've ever tried. I have thick/coarse/curly hair and i use this before and after i blow dry and also a little after i straighten my hair. It helps so much, it smells amazing, its cheap, you pretty much can't go wrong with this product!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2007 9:06:00 AM More reviews by selmf

Works just as good as Silk Therapy, (several of the ingredients are the same), and smells good too. Small bottle lasts a long time, but I will repurchase.

Silk Therapy is $5.31 an ounce.
Proclaim is $1.00 an ounce, (with Sally card).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2007 2:09:00 AM More reviews by pinkcl0uds

This keeps my hair frizz-free and also silky smooth without weighing it down. IT has so many great oils in it and makes the hair really shiny!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2007 9:52:00 AM More reviews by cutie_patootie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an outstanding product. It is inexpensive, comes in a travel-friendly or trial size for $2.50, the cap does not leak, and it performs!!!! My hair is fine but abundant, wavy and tends to get dried out/inflexible. This serum protects and moisturizes so that I have bouncy, flexible, shiny hair. I use it both before and after I blow-dry. This is replacing my Kerastase Oleo Relax, which was ok but did not have as great of an effect. The Proclaim is also fantastic in that it is a combo silicone and natural oils serum, so I think it's really conditioning at a deep level instead of just superficially fixing dryness. Yay!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No