November 24, 2014 | 1040 users online

Top/Base Coats - Orly - In A Snap

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 5:00:00 PM More reviews by SG444

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For such a phenomenal product, I'm surprised this top coat hasn't been reviewed more! In A Snap is the first top coat I've used that truly dries quickly and keeps my manicure looking fantastic for a full week! Others have recommended adding a thin coat daily, which I'll try, but even if you don't have time to do that, you'll still be impressed with what a difference just one coat of this miracle stuff makes. I will definitely buy this again (along with Orly's rubberized bonder base coat, which is also amazing!).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by islareina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

FANTASTIC STUFF. More people should know about this! It dries in an instant! Not only that, but the gloss is HIGH SHINE. It almost looks like little puddles of pure clear mineral oil on each finger! I think this is the ONLY way I will ever keep a good manicure:

1) Put in the time to make a 'sticky sandwich' (basecoat, polish, basecoat, polish, topcoat).

2) Every day at work when you know you will be motionless for 10 minutes, apply just one coat of In A Snap. Your nails will not only be dry, but HARDENED in 10 minutes. The smell is minimal, it'll go away as soon as you put the brush back on.

There is still some teeny, minimal wearing down at the very tips, but for the first time in my life, I'm not getting chipping or peeling and today is Day 4.

This is all you need -- just one thin coat every day for a beautiful manicure that lasts!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2008 4:16:00 PM More reviews by mz654

This is the only top coat I will use. I generally hate having the extra step of a top coat, but with this my nails are dry in just a few minutes. That alone makes it worth it to me and it's easily available.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 2:46:00 PM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Orly In A Snap comes the closest to de-throning Seche Vite out of every top coat I've tried. It's slightly less shiny than Seche, but still plenty glossy; it takes a little longer to dry (and only a little! still very fast), but it applies like a dream and is easier to deal with; and it has a thinner consistency that doesn't thicken over time. Plus it's cheaper and it has kept my mani perfectly intact for 4 days! And I mean *perfectly*- after that I had a little tip wear but nothing drastic. I'm surprised this isn't more popular because it's an excellent top coat. I'm reaching for it more and more often over SV!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2008 1:55:00 AM More reviews by sonaliagrawal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is hands down the best top coat I have used. If I get my toes done in the early evening, they would always be smudged on the edges after I wake up the next morning. Orly's In a snap dries my nails so so quickly, no smudging after I wake up the next morning (I move a lot in my sleep hehe). With "In a Snap" I can put closed toe shoes on after an hour or two of doing my toe nails and still not have any smudging of nail polish. Love it! Got it in Sally's for around $5.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2007 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Dana5489

I love this stuff! It really does dry your nailpolish quickly without leaving your nails greasy like some other brands I've used.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2006 4:41:00 PM More reviews by missamerica32

The best top coat I have found so far! I also enjoy the burst of coolness for a few seconds after applying. It's kinda' neat, and I suppose has to do with the fast drying... Leaves nails very glossy, which is what I was looking for!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2006 2:47:00 PM More reviews by epheme

Great High-Gloss topcoat. Bought at sally's for about $4.50, I haven't figured out what the difference between this and Sec N Dry is, but I like this and will continue to purchase. not only does it dry fast, it seems to protect well from chips and makes my polish last about 2 days longer than normal.