September 1, 2014 | 1571 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clarins - Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

I selected this product to smooth out pores and fine lines. It does that to a degree but the makeup still collects in the fine lines under the eyes. Mind you I wouldn't be without it but I still have to use a soft brush during the day to smooth the makeup out. I'm hoping something better gets developed soon.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by alicea825

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product worked fine and did what it was supposed to do, hid the pores and fine lines and helped control the oil, however it made me break out. After working for so long to clear up my skin and becoming acne free for months, after a week of using this I started breaking out and as soon as I stopped using it the breakouts stopped.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by hkempler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I already have a few great face primers on my roaster. Then, Iíve been given generous samples of this. First I thought I was going to use it just for fun, but boy oh boyÖwhat a great product!

This is probably the best primer Iíve ever use. I does give me that airbrush complexion. Now Iím hooked.

I echoed other reviews that it is not the best primer for oily skin, but for my dry-medium skin type it is just perfect!

I does require a different technique in applying. It has a thicker texture compared to other primers, so I didnít just rub it all over my face like I would with my BE Prime Time or Smashbox, because it would create an uneven texture. I found that itís best to place and pat it all over my face, like you would with Benefit Porefessional (and this is a much better primer than Porefessional).

The lasting power is also great too. I usually get 9 hours straight, with makeup still looks flawless at the end of the day.

Now that Iím almost out of it, I need to go out and buy this. I shouldnít have tried it at the first place, now I have to spend money :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 2:40:00 AM More reviews by pandabear5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this daily for years under my eyes. A jar lasts a long time for that purpose. The product brings a nice lightness and even appearance. It's translucent and it blends well - I have dark skin and it is not detectable. Very light in texture. Love this product!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by kachan13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was almost my HG! I still love it, but the cons outweigh the pros a little more.
PROs:
-GREAT oil-control (if using this and just a powder foundation)
-doesn't break me out
-lovely packaging
CONs:
-doesn't provide oil-control if used under liquid foundations/bb creams
-price for amount of product you get (just 15g)
-the local department store I get this from informed me it is phased out
(but I would repurchase it if it was not)
Now I'm still on the hunt for something as good as this. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by retrocirce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i use this as a primer/makeup base and it is absolutely amazing! i have very sensitive, acne-prone skin and this is the only primer that does not break me out. one of clarins best products, in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading all the rave reviews here. I hate to be the dissenting voice buuuutttt..I don't quite like this. However, I'll finish using it. (I'm left with 1/4 jar after about 3 months of almost-daily usage). It makes my skin oilier, hence foundations/bb creams slide off my face when it's humid :-/ (all melted off in ugly "pools" at my nose region and chin except my HG Maquillage UV stick foundation. My skin is normal btw.) And pore coverage is okay but it's not the best. Doesn't really hide bigger pores. If you want something fantastic that controls oil, covers pores and doesn't make your foundation slide, Cle de peau's primer is much better. And CDP's one lasted me a long time (1 year?) because I only needed a little bit each time. I will not buy this again...I think it only suits dry and super flawless skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by squirrel1969

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Wonderful stuff, have bought it about 4 times now - might seem a little expensive at £24.50 but I've found a pot lasts almost 2 months despite the fact that I use it every day (and sometimes twice a day) to 'smooth' the skin under my eyes and on my nose. As others have said, you don't have to wear foundation over it. Nicely packaged with a neat little stick to help eke it out, and then scrape the last bits from the pot at the end.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 10:01:00 AM More reviews by jarrah

This is my second favorite primer (after Givenchy's Acti'Mine)
but i only use it whenever i feel like my skin is too DRY!!!
Yes, I've said it. It works so much better on dryer skin than oilier ones, but it still gives a matte look and a perfect finish.
it's my mom's favorite one as she likes the fact that it smooths out her expression lines. All in all it's a good primer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Kittea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have repurchased this about 5 times already. I adore this primer, it fills in my lines ridiculously well. Personally, I do not have terrible fine lines or wrinkles as of yet, but if I apply foundation or concealer under my eyes, I look much older. This totally fills in my lines and cancels the effect concealer has on me. I don't really have large pores, but I find that this does not do much to fill what pores I have, personally... It definitely helps my foundation last longer and apply more smoothly though. Since this is a rather thick product (it doesn't feel terribly heavy though), you should definitely wait a good amount of time before applying makeup over it. I know this is probably a deal breaker for many, but even if I rush in the morning I find it works /almost/ just as well. I would also recommend applying this to areas where you need it, and not ALL over your face if you don't feel like you need it. I usually apply a decent layer to my undereye area (gently, of course) and use whatever is left over to cover my cheeks and nose area. This certainly has never aggravated my skin, or caused any pimples or excess oil. Love, love, would highly recommend.