April 24, 2014 | 1116 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer Oil -Free

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 3:25:00 AM More reviews by rubylola

I love this primer. I have been using it for about four years and have never had a problem with using it on my sensitive skin. It has kept my foundation in place during the Australian summer which is really humid and also kept my skin from drying out while I lived in the snow. I apply a small amount after I have moisturised and wait a minute until it has set before applying foundation. I believe it really does improve with the application of my foundation. I never have to retouch throughout the day. I think my foundation sits a lot better on my skin with this as a base, I do not need to use as much foundation either. It's definitely an essential product in my kit and worth every cent!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by inneroracle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hmmm, the jury is out for me on this. I went to Nordstrom a couple days ago for the Cosmetics Trend Show, and they kept talking about Laura Mercier and the flawless face. I had just starting using the Unwrinkle Foundation from Peter Thomas Roth -- which is really more of a tinted moisturizer. My skin had broken out from La Prairie and was clearing up from the Peter Thomas Roth products. I quickly searched reviews online before asking them to color match me. I am not in love with this foundation system. The makeup artist told me that Peter Thomas Roth Unwrinkle foundation I was wearing was too orange on my skin, but everything oxidizes on me. She insisted I get this primer because it would prevent oxidation. She matched me to beige ivory. This does go on just like a moisturizer. I find the application methods I need to use for the foundation and powder a bit difficult to master, and even with this primer on, the Laura Mercier foundation did oxidize a bit. It was a closer match though. I bought the kit and kaboodle. I couldn't wait to get home and wash my face and reapply for going out later that night. It has been 2 days and 3 applications later, and I have 2 cysts. I am taking a lippie off because I think it might be this primer. I have had luck with Smashbox's primer in the past, and normally my face doesn't like dimethicones. Of course I was using Jan Marini skin care then, and it is more active than Peter Thomas Roth skin care -- at least in my humble opinion it is. I will update if this is the culprit that is breaking me out. I did order Laura Mercier's new radiance primer directly from her website since nobody else is selling it. I prefer a little more radiance in my foundations and am hoping the other primer will provide it. UPDATE: I downgraded this a lippie. I'm certain this breaks me out. I've switched to the Radiance Primer, and I'm having better results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Anna12345

UPDATED REVIEW - Still loving this primer!!

SInce writing the old review (below), I have probably purchased half a dozen tubes of this primer. I absolutely adore this product because it doesn't irritate my acne prone skin at all. It feels light and helps my foundation last longer. This has become a HG product for me. It's a must in my every day routine. Everything that I wrote below is still how I feel about the product. I would recommend it to anyone with acne or redness prone skin.
_______________________________________________
OLD REVIEW

I tried a sample of this product and I'm very impressed with how it has controlled my oily T-zone. I know it's not a mattifyer but I think it has helped control the shine.

Normally by now (afternoon 3pm) I would be an oily mess and would have to powder my face to keep my foundation and oil under control, but I've noticed that the general appearance of my face is a lot smoother than it would normally be. Obviously this primer has helped my foundation last longer.

I haven't used this product many times but I can tell already that it isn't going to cause acne. I like that it is oil free and doesn't contain any silicone. This is great news for my acne-prone, combination/oily skin.

Also, it feels very light and is absorbed into the skin quickly.

I've used other primers including a primer from MAC but I find that they generally feel very artificial and thick. Plus, I think they cause acne.

However, this primer is an exception. I am considering buying this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Jcarb916

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really enjoy this primer. Smoothes things out and really does hold the product. I purchased this back in December and I'm just coming to the bottom of it! I use just a little bit everyday. It's definitely worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by augustclems

This is by far one of the worst foundation primers I have used. Luckily, I got a sample a Sephora and did not have to waste my cash. The application was light, as so was the effect. It did nothing for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by TJ29

Got this primer in a sample/travel kit. The primer glides on real nice and absorbs quickly. The one thing is within a minute of applying to my face I get a very strange taste at the back of my mouth. I have used other face primers in the past and have not had that happen. So just for that reason I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This just seems like a moisturizer to me. It did nothing to make application better or anything last longer. Instead it made my face oily mid day. It was just like ick on my face. I tried with both liquid and mineral foundation. Returning.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by hayster96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really don't get why every LOVES this so much. I only had it for a few days with high hopes but ended up returning it. I tried it a few mornings, and by the middle of the day, (3-4 hours later) you couldn't even tell I had used it. I have combo/ oily skin so my t-zone and chin are my problem spots. Didn't do anything for me. Very disappointed, especially with all the hype. Still on a search. Will update later if I find my HG.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Yoshi3329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For such a expensive primer, it sure didn't work very well. I have combination skin with a oily T-zone. The texture was fine and it applied well. However, it does nothing for oil control for my T-zone. It made it worse! It lasted for about 3 hours for me. Then I would use the Laura Mercier Smooth Focus Pressed Setting Powder (Shine Control) and keep applying it EVERY HOUR to control shine for my 10-12 hour days.

Two, it doesn't help with bumps because for me they are differently as visible as before and I use a full coverage foundation.

This was my first primer I've ever used and it wasn't a great experience at all! >_>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by tinavars

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is great primer. It smooths the skin before foundation, but it can also be used as a moisturizer, which is great for traveling. Can you imagine getting ready to go out, and all you have to do after you tone (and whatever treatment or not that you prefer to use), is apply this and then your foundation??
And they create one for every skin type!