Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Oil -Free

Water (Aqua), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Isodecyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, C22-20 Alcohols, Squalane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Esters, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Hydroxide, Allantoin Tocopherol Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hamaelis Viginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Cucumis sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Retinyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Polyamino Sugar Condesate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Chlorphensin, Benzoic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Saccharomyces/Xylium Black Tea Ferment, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Green 5 (CI 61570), Yellow 5 (CI 19140).

on 1/4/2013 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am really surpised by the low ratings on this product. I have NC20, clog prone, sensitive skin which is sometimes a pain because SO many products make my skin break out badly.

I tried oil free since I do get oily throughout the day and I thought, what the heck its not going to work for me, but it does!

-Creates a beautiful base for foundation, or can be worn alone on lazy days!
-DOES NOT LEAVE A WHITE CAST. A problem Ihave with Hourglass Veil Primer.
-MINIMIZES MY BIG PORES without making it look like I have any product on. I tried porefessional, monistat, photo finish, clinique which was horrible an other pore minimizing products, all failure.
-Does NOT clog. Most popular products on MUA clog me leading to zits.
-Feel watery. I HATE silicone-based primers like the photo finish, they feel heavy on the skin.

I will continue to buy. If you thought this was helpful please vote up, thank you

on 11/15/2012 8:24:00 AM

This is a good primer! It makes my foundation last the whole time i'm in school. Stress and an oily face comes along with being a medical student and i used to not wear a primer over my foundation which made my face look cakey and blotchy at the end of the day. After using LM oil-free foundation primer, my makeup looked like it was an hour old even after 12 hours of wear.:) will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

After loving the original formula I decided to try this one as I have combination skin. I love water based primers so the consistency didn't put me off completely but it is very watery. It also has a plasticky smell. I don't react to things very often but this caused a reaction that I was fighting for several weeks in the form of lots of small raised bumps under my skin. I can't comment on it's performance as a primer but if your deciding between them then the original formula wins hands down.

on 8/19/2012 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I have used this primer for the past 6 months and I really enjoy it. It keeps my makeup on and I like how easy it is to blend without the silicone feeling. It has no scent that I can tell. Sometimes the opening and the cap get a little messy from the product but otherwise I like the packaging. I have pretty oily skin, and this does not prevent or delay the shine from coming through, but it does keep my makeup from looking blotchy. Have already repurchased another one.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I think it does what it's supposed to do. My foundation does stay put longer with it on but at 1,590 Baht (which is about $53) there must be something better and cheaper out there. Also, I feel a tingling feeling when I apply it but maybe it's just me.

on 7/22/2012 10:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

UPDATE: I've used this product through the hottest part of the summer and into early autumn. While I do think it probably helped keep my foundation on during the hotter months, I noticed recently (now that's it's not so hot) that my foundation actually looks smoother and lasts about the same without this primer under it. So this product is mostly useless, in my opinion, and I'm throwing it out. Next summer I'll be looking for a better oil-free primer.

I gave this product a 3 because it does the job, but it's nothing special as far as I can tell.

It keeps my makeup (Chanel Perfection Lumiere) on all day, through hot and humid summer days. It doesn't eliminate shine or hide pores. That said,it doesn't make anything worse either.

I like the squeeze-tube packaging. However, I've only been using it for about a month, and already the cap has broken. (It still works and seals, but the outer part of the cap broke away from the inner functional part of it.)

I plan to finish the tube and then I'll probably look for something different for next summer.

on 6/16/2012 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I've been looking for a new primer for some time and I got this one in the 14.7ml sample, almost 4-5months ago and I still haven't finished it! I wear foundation every day/second day but with this primer you only need to use the smallest amount, probably a pea size or less - a little goes a long way! I would recommend this primer over the MAC prep + prime primer any day. I have normal-oily skin and although the MAC primer feels a lot smoother and nicer to put on your face, the Laura Mercier one actually leaves you with a matte and flawless looking face for much longer. It also does not break me out which is a bonus! I will definitely be purchasing the full sized primer soon.

on 5/22/2012 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Got this as a sample at Sephora in a little tube. I was surprised when I found that a little bit goes a LONG way. That tiny sample ended up lasting me 3 weeks-a month and I wear foundation every day. Packaging was HORRID, but I'm not sure if that was because I just happened to get a weird tube. The cap would not unscrew until i ran it under hot water and tried several times. All of this trouble ended up being worth it-this is the HG of foundation primers. Mattified my face but also gave it a glow at the same time: an extremely difficult thing to accomplish. Even the slipperiest of foundations (ala Photoready) stayed on all day and didn't budge. I'm not sure how much a full size of this costs but based on other reviews I'll guess it's expensive, but I'd consider buying.

on 5/18/2012 1:35:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I got this as part of the Laura Mercier box with Magazine (on the whole range and how to use the products to achieve different looks). It's something that is offered in Japan at the end of every year. Many famous brands (clothing, makeup etc) will release one each year.

For reference, I have dry combination skin. The primer has a gel-like consistency and smells a little plasticky. I've found that it didn't make a difference if I had this primer on or not. It did not extend the wear of my foundation, nor did it provide a flawless canvas for my face.

I wanted to love it but it just didn't work for me. It was a good thing I didn't pay for it - A generous sample came with the magazine (30ml) along with a sponge, a little pot of creme smooth foundation in Warm Ivory which I ended up loving and an embroidered Laura Mercier makeup pouch.

on 5/2/2012 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Skin-Type: (Very) Oily/Acne-Prone

I bought this even though it had pretty meh ratings on MUA b/c of all the beauty editor recommendations. It's my first primer, so I don't know how a primer is supposed to feel on the skin, but I can no doubt say that it's pretty heavy. When you put it on, you can most defiantly feel a difference.

I have extremely oily skin & it's impossible for me to last the entire day without blotting; however, I will admit that I can go up to a good few hours without shine (I don't know if it's this primer doing it's job, or my mattifying foundation though...) and it's never made me break out.