October 24, 2014 | 1785 users online

Skincare - Body - LUSH - Mange Too massage bar

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 9:26:00 AM More reviews by LauraJean396

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This smells so good I want to eat it! Makes my legs have that beautiful healthy shine! Favorite massage bar! Best amount for the price!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by boybandfan

The pros: biggest massage bar, more bang for your buck. Ok, so moving on to the cons because that is all I have left. After all the positive reviews, I figured that I just had to add this to my small, but accumulating lush stash of products. Upon first sniff in the store, it smelled like everyone had mentioned, amazing and intoxicating. And that is where the fun stops. I applied this after I got home and of course, was bummed that it didn't fit in any of the lush tins. What's the point in that? Anyway, upon applying I sit and wait, anticipating the warm honey, white chocolate, toffee, cookie scent that everyone is raving about. Nope, I detect none of it. Ok, I'm exaggerating, I can if I focus and concentrate hard enough to get past the cocoa butter laced with mint, a splash and dash of ingredients from an herbal store, and medicine like scent laden with dirt. After all that, yeah, maybe just a tad of the white chocolate and honey. It was so strong and just made me nauseas. To be fair, I did try it a few more times and the result is still the same. I hate being wasteful, so I couldn't just throw it way. I cut off small chunks and have been using as a bath melt every once in a while. I can still smell it, but not as bad as when applied as a moisturizer or massage bar with my husband. As a bath melt, it's great, dissolves nicely and doesn't leave my water or skin greasy. Will not repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by rikasmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Moisturizes well, like the other Lush massage bars do. The smell was great at first but after using it for a while the smell can kind of make you feel nauseated. For better scented massage bars, I'd recommend The Honeymooner and Therapy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 4:18:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Too sweet for me. Gave it away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by JenniStarBrite

Next to Heavenilli, this is my favorite massage bar from Lush. The scent as others have said is strong on the white chocolate (which I LOVE) with a hint of honey and vanilla that isn't too sweet smelling or overpowering. I am surprised by the reviews sayign its so strong. I am assuming those folks arent used to very sweet scents. This is mild compared to many I wear but I like foody scents.

I have crocodile skin and this works great as an after shower/before bed mosturizer. I wouldn't recommend using it before putting on clothing besides sweats/pjs because it takes a little while for the oils to sink into your skin. This makes my skin feel so soft and moisturized. My bed smells like this because I use it at night a few times a week.

I higly reccomend it. My only 'gripe' besides the price is that it can make your skin tingle because of the mint. On razor burned legs..OUCH!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm a big fan of honey scented things, so it's no surprise that I'm absolutely wild about Mange Too. The fragrance is heady and sweet, lots of honey, white chocolate and a hint of something herbal that I'm guessing is the mint though it doesn't smell minty to me. I tend to use LUSH massage bars as solid moisturizers, and I really like them in that role. They're a bit too greasy to use on the go, or even just on dry skin, but I really like using them just as I'm getting out of the shower. Using them on warm, wet skin makes them glide easily and absorb better and keeps your skin smooth and soft for longer. I rarely have the patience to rub myself down with lotion or body cream, but using a body oil or lotion bar after a shower works well for my routine and my skin.

The scent is really strong both from the bar and on the skin, so you really have to love the fragrance (and boy do I!) to get on with this product so its scent strength will either by a plus or a minus with folks.

My only complaint about this product is the price. $10 for a 3.5oz bar that's been made with pretty cheap ingredients (cocoa, shea and mango butters, bananas, honey) stings a bit, but I've tried to come up with something similar for less at home and can't seem to create something the glides on as well as LUSH bars. They're always either too soft and mushy, too hard or too waxy. I'm willing to pay for their expertise until someone unlocks the secret of making such nice solid moisturizers and sell them for less. Especially if they keep making ones that smell as awesome as Mange Too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm divided about this product... The scent is absolutely love - for a while! But after keeping this next to my bed it just became too much, it started to sicken me since it smells so strong and sickly sweet. I love the ingredients (cacao, shea and mango butter, white chocolate, vanilla, honey and bananas), and they did try to balance the sweet smell with some peppermint and orange oils, but it's still too much to use more than every once in a while (and keep it in a closed container in the meanwhile...). Also, I wanted to use it as a moisturiser as well, but it doesn't really sink into the skin at all, it just lays on top so it doesn't do much good that way - but I guess that's what you want from a massage oil/bar.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by eskimo122

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think that a lot of LUSH products are gimmick-y and expensive. This is one of them. The oil does glide nicely over your skin, but that's about it. As other reviewers have mentioned, you could get these moisturizing ingredients in cheaper products. The smell of this is a very strong sweet honey. At first i liked it but as I used it more i found the smell becoming increasingly offensive. Now i think it smells so icky-sweet i don't really want to use the rest of the bar. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

one word: YUMMY!
gorgeous yummy chunk of goodness!
i broke half of this off to give my boyfriend a full body massage a few times for a Valentine's treat and he was over the moon!
the second half was for me! originally in the block it smells like, peppermint, honey and vanilla. you heat it up in your hands/on your skin and apply to your body. wait a couple of minutes until you put your clothes on as it's very oily. it left my skin softer than any butter has and i kid you not, my skin is left with the distinct smell of WHITE CHOCOLATE all day. this is one of the nicest treats i've ever used on my skin.

i wrap mine up in foil! - which makes it seem even more like food! ;)

recommend 100%

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by GoodGala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Like all the LUSH massage bars, this is pricey given the fact it is made of two very cheap and easily available materials, Shea butter and Cocoa butter and therwfore its obviously smoothing and moisturizing. It is however very greasy and it doesn't absorb well...