August 1, 2014 | 1893 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Britney Spears - In Control Curious

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by MadameFabulina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this. I get a sweet, slightly foody, soft musky scent. I don't care for the atomizer type bottle a whole lot, and I actually wish it was stronger than it is, but I can still smell it on my wrists (when I sniff them) 13 hours later. It is expensive, so I doubt I'll repurchase - this one was a gift from my boyfriend. I need to see if any etailers carry dupes, cos I would certainly like to have more of it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 6:27:00 PM More reviews by magicalmoongoddess

This smells like powdery caramel to me....sounds weird but smells delicious!! As others have noted though, the lasting power is not good to say the least. Up until just recently, there hasn't been a body lotion that you can layer with....but I've seen some gift sets recently with a body lotion which would hopefully keep the fragrance with you a little longer! Having said that though, I've been layering this with Tutti Dolci Creme Brulee....not a bad combination and it does make the perfume linger longer! Will have to try to get my hands on one of those body lotions though.....By the way, I also think the bottle is tacky....but I love it anyway :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2008 7:12:00 AM More reviews by tiamaria1510

I am a perfume fanatic and is very very picky when it comes to scents, one slightly wrong note would put me off completely. thats why i stick to cult perfumeries lk Armani, Givenchy, JPG or Chanel but when I smelled this on my friend I immediately had to ask what she was wearing coz it was just sexy, spicy and not overpowering or mk me suffocate in my own skin. TO be honest I'm always a bit weary and funny when it comes to celebrity fragrances (with SJP's Lovely as an exception) so when I heard it from the infamous miss spears i was in shocked! i'm sure there are loads of perfumes out there that u like but to make u pull out ur credit card its another story but In Control had me!!!i went out and bought the biggest size of this possible to man, the bottle reminded me of old Hollywood glamour (the pump and the pink tassled squeeze thingy ^^) and the amount each time u squeeze is not too much which is perfect since it wont drip down my skin and lets me put it all over my body....i was very very very happy and felt sooo sexy (all my male friends were complimentin on hw nice i smell and this is rare for a guy to mk such an effort and its not lk i NEVER wear perfume lol ) HOWEVER i'm so dissappointed as you have to keep applyin lk every 30 mins (and no im not over exaggerating unless u spray loads onto ur hair which i find is the only place that retains the smell ^^), so for a perfume claiming to be an EDP it doesnt stay on for long so you hv to keep re applying BUT it is totally worth it (however i suggest that u look in ur bag regularly as the bottle is impractical for carryin around all day (for us cosmo girls, runnin around to coffee shops, seminars, work and shoppin all day its hard to keep the bottle straight) AS a result, the bottle spilled all over my precious leather bag so i recommend u transfer the liquid onto a smaller perfume spray (they sell these things in all drug stores ) becoz despite me slackin it off lk that the effects u get is TOTALLY WORTH IT; DOES NOT SMELL CHEAP AND IS SEXIEEEEE :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2007 6:21:00 PM More reviews by beechezz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this product and have received a few compliments on this, but it just doesn't last on me! It is a soft fragrance so if that is what you like you will definitely enjoy.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2007 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Lovinya02

I was super excited to try this after purchasing Curious and liking it. I swapped away a pretty much BN Nars Duo for a used 1.7oz bottle. BIG mistake. The notes sound pretty enough but the fragrance is strong, harsh, and just down right gross!!

"Its sexy scent includes a mixture of loquat fruit, midnight orchid, crème brûlée, black vanilla bean, tonka crystals, sandalwood, and musk."

This lead me to think it would be a fruity kinda sweet sugary scent... the only thing I smelled was sandalwood and MUSK! It was almost like a harsh mens cologne smell! One spray and I was gagging.

Luckily I was able to swap it away for a bottle of Midnight Fantasy which was 10,000x better. :)

Sorry Britney...this one was a failure!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2007 4:19:00 PM More reviews by SexiicEe83

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVEEEEEEE the way this perfumes smells ABSOLUETLY LOVE IT but it just DOES NOT LAST AT ALL.. At first I just purchsed the 1.7oz bottle to see how it would smell, and i FELL IN LOVE, and i also noticed that the smell didn't last. I purchased the gift set that comes with the 3.4oz bottle, 3.3oz body lotion, the lip gloss, and the jewerly box. I tried to "layer" the scent. I applied the lotion and then sprayed the perfume (actually i DROWNED myself in it). After about an 30 minutes i didnt smell a thing. For that reason i took away a lippie but i LOVE THE SMELL. It like creamy vanilla mmmmmmmmm =). I will not buy again though.
EDIT: I have to take away a lippie because this really doesn't last @ all. The fact that it smells so good does not even matter. This is the worst perfume ever even though it smells good, the lasting power brings it wayyyyyyyyy down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2007 12:22:00 AM More reviews by buechmn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this... so soft yet sexy at the same time. It's much much better than the first curious perfume which just didn't smell right on me... Definitely one of my favorite scents.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2007 4:50:00 AM More reviews by marymary

i love its foodiness and vanilla sweetness. but it doesnt last at all. barely half an hour but i bought it anyway.

i used to think tiempe passate doesnt last but now it does, so im hoping i have the same experience with this!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2007 2:57:00 AM More reviews by alexandriamare

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's not as long lasting as curious, and theres no lotion to layer it with. I REALLY like the smell of this.. and it's more of a comfort thing, as far as i'm concerned. I wear this on the days when i feel too lazy to wear perfume and/or want ot use alot (bc you can barely smell this anyway).. i wish it was stronger, or i knew a perfume that smelled just like it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2007 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

In Control is smooth, but I find it not as long-lasting as Curious and Fantasy. It's a shame because I really like the scent. Where the others are sweet, On me, the orchid takes the stage front and center and are backed up the delicious combination of the vanilla, sandalwood and musk basenotes. Too smooth -- love it. Again, I wish it lasted longer. In Control is lovely, but fleeting --- yet, still I enjoy it. Advertised Notes: Loquat , Tonka crystals, Orchid (Midnight), Creme Brulée, Vanilla (black), Sandalwood, Musk
continued >>