October 24, 2014 | 884 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Palmer's - Palmers Olive Butter Formula

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2007 6:21:00 PM More reviews by milou

This review is for the Olive Butter with Vitamin E cream.
I found this product extremely rich , but not in a nice way. It is not very easily absorbed; it is very greasy. I was looking for a very moisturising product for the Winter, but this is definitely not nice. It made me fell all yucky and I have only used a little. I suppose it would work on very dry feet, if you can endure the feeling of stucking your feet in a tub of lard! Extra virgin olive oil is a wonderful thing but I think I prefer it in a salad. The smell is not especially pleasant. I think I'll go back to Boots' body butter.The almond or the bergamot versions are both lovely and they do sink into your skin , leaving no greasy film.
this is not a very expensive product, but personally, I think that anything you buy and don't use is a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2007 12:18:00 AM More reviews by ksbkd00

This review is for the olive butter body lotion (big pump bottle 400 ml). The best body lotion I ever used. Keeps my skin hydrated and smooth for a long time . I usually don't like strong smells in lotions. but I love the smell of this. Woody, planty, light, somewhat like Green Tea on healing garden but much lighter. And I have not seen such good hydration from any other lotion I tried (with no stickiness). UPDATE: I am still loving it. I have already purchased my second bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2007 5:53:00 AM More reviews by rossco

the thing is i absolutely love what this body balm does to my skin , i have the olive body balm but i cant get over the smell!!!
it smells like mortein or something like that, for an organic product the fragrance is very unpleasant and should be fragrance free or very subtle, my partner wont allow me to put this on , he says it smells horrible,and i cant handle the smell either, eeeekkkkkk.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2007 5:49:00 PM More reviews by CraxFactor

Review is for the new Concentrated Cream. I love this stuff. I like the smell, and it feels like it should be working. Not olive-y at all. Plus no mineral oil, which many Palmer's products contain! Great for rough skin anywhere.

If you have trouble finding this, it might be because Palmer's gets relegated to the "Ethnic" section a lot. Brooklyn's Fulton Mall has every conceivable permutation of their products, check in any of the beauty supply stores. Or you can buy your shea butter on the street there! It's a fun adventure even if you're not looking for Palmer's. Fulton Mall is like the African / Caribbean / Central American discount beauty supply Mecca. Especially good for hair products. Or you can buy a gold-plated grill or bootleg kung fu movies! In a few years it will be torn down for more of Bruce Ratner's dystopian corporate vision for Downtown Brooklyn, so get your authentic experience while you can.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2007 9:56:00 AM More reviews by SayItLikeItIs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received a trial size bottle of this in the mail and I love it! I have dry skin and a lot of other lotions burn when I put them on right after I have shaved-this is one of the few that does not burn and it stops that super tight feeling that my skin has where I feel like my skin is going to split right at the shins.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2007 11:35:00 AM More reviews by sweetestpea80

I got this as a sample in Allure magazine and putting out samples was the best thing Palmer's could have done in my opinion! I am a cosmetics snob and am drawn to products based on advertising and their packaging (I know, shallow!) Anyway, I heard of several stars using Palmers, but due to the packaging, I swiftly passed it in in the local grocery store aisles. However, after trying several formula samples, I have found this to be a really good brand and had I not known that it was Palmer's, the lotions could be mistaken for L'Occitane. I will definitely start buying different lotion formulations from them, but will hide them in prettier pump bottles and I guess it will just be my little secret!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2007 2:14:00 PM More reviews by mikeym

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this! Feels so nice on my hands and feet. I have the worst dry hand and heels. I would repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2007 12:41:00 PM More reviews by KitCatsMeow

I'm guessing there is more than one version of this? Anyway I am on my 3d or 4th bottle of the stuff (with Vit E) and I LOVE it! It has a faint but pleasant smell and it absorbs nicely. The best part is I have the softest, smoothest skin I could ever hope for.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2007 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Mamu1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very good lotion. I don't find the scent problematic. It moisturizes well and absorbs quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2007 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Baby_Brown_Eyes

I LOVE THIS MOISTURIZER, I was born 2 months premature and I have always had dry skin on my body because I was in an incubator for about half a year after my birth. NOTHING has gotten rid of my dry skin like this has without making it greasy!