Garnier FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

3.5

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Behentrimonium Chloride, Pyrus Malus Extract/Apple Fruit Extract, Parfum/Fragrance, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trideceth-6, Argania Spinosa Oil/Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCl, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Citric Acid, Saccharum Officinarum Extract/Sugar Cane Extract, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, CI 19140/Yellow 5, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract/Lemon Peel Extract, CI 15985/Yellow 6, Camellia Sinensis Extract/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract. F.I.L. D46895/1.

on 9/20/2012 6:29:00 AM

My hair is a little on the fine side and, considering my vibrant, unnatural red color, has been significantly bleached in the past. As a result, it's a little dry and I was just looking for a leave-in that helped get some moisture back in my hair. I had never tried a leave-in conditioner before so I wasn't sure what to expect, though I have been using serums.

I bought this after reading rave reviews on MUA, thinking it could be what I needed. I tried it for a couple of weeks and even using just a pea sized amount on my slightly-longer-than-chin-length hair, it left my hair feeling heavy and greasy, and didn't seem to help me with my moisture problem. I assumed it was because my hair was a little finer but for under $4, it wasn't a huge loss. I put it in my cabinet and forgot about it for a while.

A couple months later, I ran out of conditioner and didn't feel like running out to get more. However, conditioner is a must for my hair. I remembered reading a review where someone used this product as their shower conditioner and decided to give it a go. I used maybe a gumball-sized amount and ran it through my hair, then rinsed it out. It rinsed out easily, so it seemed promising.

After I got out, I put on my normal mix of the Garnier Sleek and Shine Anti-Frizz Serum and Garnier Morccan Sleek Oil Treatment(half and half, with barely a penny size amount). I blow-dried it about a quarter dry and let it air-dry the rest of the way and when I did, I noticed my hair was considerably softer and had less frizz than it normally did. It seemed healthier and wasn't weighed down at all, which made it look so much better than normal. I couldn't stop touching my hair all day and even got compliments from my date that night, who also couldn't keep her hands off my hair!

I don't know if it was the leave-in that did it but I'll be trying again for the next few weeks and update when I have a definite answer.

For it's intended purpose, I would only give it two lippies, since it didn't help me for my type of hair though it does smell really good. As a regular conditioner, I give it a four and a half thus far.

Edit: I don't think I'll rebuy, since it doesn't make sense to only buy it to use as a regular conditioner. Though it isn't expensive, I could probably find an actual conditioner for the same price and get much more for my buck. For now, using this daily mixed with Aussie's Three-Minute Miracle Deeeeep Conditioner with a dab of Garnier's Moroccan Oil Treament works great for my pixie-cut, fine, damaged hair that's recovering from a botched bleach job.

on 8/21/2012 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This Leave-in is not The best, its alright, i have curly hair and i have to put A LOT of this stuff in it, idk if i will buy it again, i wanna try another leave in
Maybe it works better on straight hair? im not sure, im gonna use it till i run out and then probably not but it again, not sure.

on 8/15/2012 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've flip flopped back and forth with this stuff so many times. The first time I tried it, I absolutely loathed it, but the more I try it, the more I seem to like it. It's still not a love and certainly not a HG leave-in conditioner for me, but I do like it. The smell is great and fruity like all of Garnier's hair products, but it's just so darn thick and goopy! Seriously, it takes some major effort to wash it off my hands after I apply it! Therefore, I never use it right after I get out of the shower because I'm afraid it will make my hair look like an oil slick, and I'd rather not walk around with greasy hair all day. Instead, I like to apply it to the ends of my hair at night before I go to bed, and it really seems to help my hair over all. It's softer and looks significantly healthier. The amount of product you get, as well as the fact that a little does go a long way with this stuff, is pretty awesome for the price. It's generally only about $4! I would definitely recommend it for over night use, but I'm still kind of iffy about using it right out of the shower (if you're a weirdo like me and wash your hair every day!) unless your hair feels and looks like straw. So I'm only giving it a 3 out of 5, based on the fact that if I actually used it as a leave in conditioner to wear throughout the day and help style my hair with, my hair would be so oily I couldn't stand it. So if you're like me and have moderately oily hair, I definitely wouldn't recommend it as a styling product.

on 8/5/2012 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My hair is coarse and frizzy. I used this once and forgot about it because it didn't impress me. I bought this again since it was on sale. What a miracle! Don't use this on wet or damp hair. it will just make it slimy and dry. I use a small amount on fully dry hair a day or 2 after shampooing my hair. this really tones down the frizz. The key is to not put too much. If you do residue will be left in your hair.
I use this with Tresemme smooth and silky shampoo + conditioner.

on 7/15/2012 3:45:00 AM

When my mother first bought this for me I was super excited! I have really frizzy hair and I thought FINALLY I can make my frizzy hair go away. When I first tried it I LOVED it. I loved it so much that i bought bottle after bottle after bottle! Then I started to noticed after I finished my third bottle, I noticed that from using this product my hair COMPLETELY dried out! I was very disapointed with this product. If you have frizzy to dry damaged hair that is somewhat unmanageable and very thick hair. I recommend the Garnier Anti- Frizz Serum, I have been using this for over a year now and this ACTUALLY works for me and keeps my hair silky and smooth. Also use the serum when your hair is damp and tangled free! :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This leave in treatment is okay. For being a cream leave-in conditioner it doesn't weigh my hair down and it makes my curls easier to comb through but that's where my love for this product ends. It does nothing to maintain frizz and my hair doesn't feel or look any better than it did when I started using it. Since the bottle is large and it will take me a while to use up the other half of it I'll continue using it as a detangler but I wouldn't repurchase it.

on 7/6/2012 12:39:00 AM

My hair has really been damaged by a perm i have gotten 6 months ago. I also color my hair so my hair got really damaged. this helped my hair so much! I used this after i got out the shower and during the day when i wasn't busy i put this on my ends of my hair (the bottle says use it when your hair is dry) this helped so much plus it cuts out a major part in my routine by not having to wait on my conditioner and really helping my ends get an extra special treatment. If you hair is SUPER damaged another tip is use a conditioner while you are in the shower and wait 3 to 5 minutes and then wash it out then when you get out of the shower use this. It works extremely well.

pros:
helps damaged hair
cuts my time
i can use it on my dry hair (ends only)
cons:
can run out quicker than a regular conditioner but its very worth it.

i think this is my hg conditioner

on 6/25/2012 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So, I saw this at my Walgreens (I'm from Puerto Rico) and they were 2 for only $6.00! I just had to try it out, so I did. Eh, this is...okay. My hair feels soft after using it, but I feel like it makes my hair feel greasy! This is coming from a girl with thick, type 3 curly hair who only needs to wash her hair twice a week! Nothing makes my hair oily, but I just don't really like this. My hair is easier to comb after I put this in, but my hair, no matter what leave in conditioner I use, is always easier to comb once I get some sort of product on it. I will use this up, but I still prefer my One N' Only Curl Cream with Argan Oil, even if it is a bit expensive for me. This is not terrible, but it's not good either. It does fight frizz a bit, but I simply don't like how my hair feels when it's dry and I have this product on. I always let my hair air dry, btw. I would not repurchase this and I'll stick to my One N' Only Curl Cream.

on 6/19/2012 9:51:00 AM

I put this in my hair last night after my shower, twisted it into a knot at the bottom and went to bed. I woke up and shook it out and OMG, it looked and FELT incredible. I just smiled all goofy because it was so awesome. I have very curly hair that gets frizzy like there ain't no tomorrow, and this just made my curls silky soft and bouncy and the way they are supposed to be. I love it. I think I have found the right product for my hair. :)

on 5/31/2012 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This product did not work that much for my thick, overly processed, and dry hair. It did de-frizz my hair slightly (not anything note-worthy) but didn't leave any shine. It kind of just made my hair feel..blah.

Popular Styling Products