April 16, 2014 | 1867 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Avene - Cicalfate Creme restauratrice

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by chocobliss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Skin Status While Using Product: Starts out dry from using benzoyl peroxide gel at night but becomes oily throughout the day. Dry patches of skin causes discomfort and makes foundation look cakey if not applied carefully.

I bought this product online, thinking it was the "Cream for Intolerant Skin." When it arrived, I was disappointed to say the least; however, because I knew it would be another week before the right product arrived (I immediately went back online and ordered the right thing), I decided to give it a go.
I am *so* glad that I did. At first, I thought that the heavy, white cream would clog my sensitive and acne-prone skin and doubted I would use it again after I proved my initial skepticism and woke up with new breakouts. Lo and behold, the very next day my face felt...comfortable in weeks. To top it off, my face had no new breakouts. For every night until my package arrived, I used this - hesitantly, because I didn't know if it was just luck that prevented those pesky zits from forming - to relieve the uncomfortable, excessively dry feeling benzoyl peroxide leaves. Fortunately for me, it never broke me out.

Now, on to the regrettable side of the story...this stuff is on the heavy side. One would think that because it was so thick, it would get rid of those pesky flakes on the skin...but I'm afraid that it did not. As I have mentioned, it made my tight skin feel comfortable and manageable but I still had dry spots. That is the only reason why I took of one star/lipstick. So, for those readers who have oily, sensitive skin without any type of dryness, this will be a good product to use at night so you can wake up with a refreshed and soft skin in the morning. Those with dry skin may have to pair this with another product to completely alleviate the flaky skin. Overall, this is a great product for those who are using products that cause redness/discomfort/itchiness and want to feel some respite.

On a side note, the "Cream for Intolerant Skin" ended up breaking me out even though it was far lighter in consistency. It also did not feel very good on the skin; it felt tingly and a burned a bit. I would definitely repurchase the "Cicalfate" cream. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by azraelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Believe it or not, I don't use this as a spot treatment on the scratches, scars, pimples, wounds etc. but as day and night cream. I had a fraxel treatment in february, to remove a chicken pox scar on my cheek and my derm gave me a small package (the tiny one you can't buy, looks like a sample) of Cicalfate to treat my skin and though I only should have use it for a week, I purchased a bigger tube, as it worked so well on my entire face. It doesn't make my skin less oily and I need a blotting paper after 4 hours but it provides a beautiful glow, it hydrates my skin to the maximum and I can't believe I'm saying this but: even though it's a heavy cream, it didn't clog my (still large and therefor more clog-prone) pores, cause breakouts, make the applicaton of a bb cream a pain or anything like that. The only thing I could complain about is that it doesn't provide oil-control but then again: hey, this wasn't ment to be used as a moistrizer but my skin looks awesome (even, glowy, clear) and there were 0 irritations so far thanks to the soothing Avene thermal water which accounts for 45% in this cream and I assure you that my skin is of a very bitchy sensitive//highly clog-prone//oily kind so I was very pleased to see that this 12.90 CHFr. (about 13$) cream works so well on my skin. I'll attach a photo of my skin only with a layer of Avne Cicalfate, so you can have a look and get a picture of it. So all in all: definitely 5 lippies for Avene Cicalfate!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Rexina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

WOW!
This cream is great for healing eczema, redness, acne, sunburns etc. I've used it as a nightcream when my face is itchy, blotchy, irritated and have acne, and this makes such a difference! Will always have this by hand. Keep up the good work, Avene!

UPDATE: I've used this as a rescue remedy all summer long, and my feelings for this product havn't change! This is what I reach for if an irritation occurs (because I do react to a lot of products, and especially since I love trying new things). I also use it as a spot treatment, if I get an insect bite and so on!

THIS IS A MUSTHAVE!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by AlexaElisabetta

I love this! I recently experienced a really bad breakout and some serious irritation from another product. Totally desperate, I picked up some of this at my local london drugs, and it's been really great. I have acne-prone, super sensitive, clog-prone skin with rosacea, so it can be difficult navigating all these needs, but this works wonders.

Has calmed down my skin, and though its only been a week, has not caused any breakouts. There is no fragrance to this cream (that is essential for my sensitive skin!) and it has a really minimal list of ingredients. For those of you worried about mineral oil, check skincareman's notepad, there is nothing wrong with mineral oil in cosmetics and skincare!

I mix a little bit of this in my palm with avene skin recovery cream, and pat over slightly damp skin. It does a great job of moisturizing and balancing out redness. I absolutely love this stuff and will never stray! Makes my face look glowy and great. I don't think it's supposed to be used as an all over face cream, but my skin's barrier has been so compromised, I need something that will speed its healing. This also works really well to speed healing of pimples and little scars. I will stop using this all-over once my skin is in a better place, but till then, I love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by schoenl

Growing up in Germany, I have used this cream on and off all through my teens. Helps with eczema, heals little cuts and scrapes, including little oozing wounds after squeezing a pimple. I usually would put a small amount on a little, square shaped band-aid and then leave it on a pimple/scar over night.. In the morning, only a little red dot would remind me of the blemish. This cream is really great for all those using retinol containing creams or receiving chemical/physical peels, as they tend to irritate skin.

A tip for all those who think this cream is overpriced... Get the Zinc Oxide cream for Baby Butt rashes... They're essentially the same product, may be a little bit less creamy and more white. I promise, you won't regret it! What heels sensitive and adorable baby butt rashes, will do wonder to any part of you body;-) LOL And, it is dirt cheep in comparison - starting at 4-8 $ for a huge amount. I like the one by Johnson & Johnson. Good luck trying it out!

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by LemonCitron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG if I could give this stuff 5 bajillion stars I would. I use this as an everyday winter face moisturizer. My skin loves this stuff so much. At first I broke out a couple places but I just kept up with it and now it doesn't break me out and it actually heals my zits SO much faster. The price is pretty decent too. Lasts a couple months so $20 isn't bad at all. I also use this on my feet to keep them soft. I love this stuff so much. Highly recommended!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by bindi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely saved my eyelids. For some reason I started getting red sunburned itchy swollen eyelids, dermatologist could not understand why. It took 3 weeks for the allergy to disappear and seeing as it happened on a monthly basis it was hell...... I tried every cream I could think of..then I tried thisand wayhay 3 weeks looking like my husband hit me was reduced to 6 days...theres nothing else to say..its a wonder cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by onestbelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product! It is not that expensive, rather at normal drugstore prices, and for me with my very sensitive skin (which used to have acne when I was a young teenager) it is a perfect product to use from now and then when my skin feels a little bit itchy, irritated or simply when it lacks of glow. I don't use it as an everyday mosturizer and especially NOT under makeup since this cream is very heavy and very white (because it has zinc in it). I simply use it before bedtime about once a week or sometimes even less often. In the morning, my skin feels soft, smooth and is cleared out of redness. I don't really know how skin that has problems with big pores would react on this cream, since I only have problems with spots and breakouts. But for anyone who has a rather acne-prone and sensitive skin, I would definitely recommend this cream!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2010 9:12:00 AM More reviews by mamazmeilor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Sorry to contradict the other reviewers, but for me this cream did absolutely nothing - I has a small irritation on my chin and it did nothing for it, except drying the skin even more. I also tried to use it as a cuticle cream as a reviewer suggested, but also I didn't noticed any results. Too expensive for what it delivers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2010 4:36:00 AM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG! Heals and soothes traumatized skin from over exfoliation and sunburn like nothing else. The white cream is light and tones down the red so I could go about my day without self-consciousness. Better than antibacterial greasy creams. It works on any and all irritation, from pimple to razor burn. Can't recommend strongly enough!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No