August 29, 2014 | 1890 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Avene - Cicalfate Creme Restauratrice

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by mizztree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin that tends to break out if I look at it too long in a mirror. Recently - I started to get hormonal acne constantly and I needed to up the ante in my regime by adding in glycolic acid but it was leaving my skin SO unhappy - I was certain there was no hope.

Enter Cicalfate.

I use it as my everything cream now. I follow my treatment with it and my face feels calm and looks great. I get compliments from co-workers about the texture of my skin.

It also helps with the chapped skin on my hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by purpldy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great cream for those times I get stupid and try out new products that end up not agreeing with my very sensitive skin. Helps calm soreness reactions quickly, within a few hours usually, and heals rashes and bumps usually within a few days. Does not dry me out like the typical zinc oxide "ointments" (diaper creams) do. If you are sensitive this cream should be a staple at your house and I carry a tube in my handbag every day. ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by hanmu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ah, I love this stuff. It took me a while to track down, but it was worth it. It works excellently at healing scabs, sunburns, insect bites, dry cuticles, you name it! It has a very rich, creamy texture and I love how cool and soothing it feels upon application. Unfortunately I broke out after using it as an all-over moisturiser, but since I didn't buy it for that purpose I can't complain. Will keep repurchasing as long as I can find it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by faune

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading many rave reviews on the French equivalent of Makeupalley, where it has won awards for a couple years, as a calming, healing treatment. It cost me something like 9 euros at a pharmacy.

I originally bought Cicalfate to try as an overnight acne treatment (many french reviews reporting this... didn't work for me) at the same time I got Avene's Tolerance extreme day cream to which I promptly had an allergic reaction.
I tentatively tried putting some Cicalfate on the irritation and was very pleased to find it soothed it to the point the rash dissappeared! I was actually surprised at this point, because until now, whenever I applied something to irritated skin it either did nothing at all or it just got worse.

So now, I have been using this as a day cream and around my eyes at night. It's got a really rich, creamy texture which I find extremely soothing. I find it gives a nice glow to my fairly dry skin. Actually I find it tends to soothe the minor irritations I always have in a way that my skin tone appears more even and less blotchy. It doesn't seem to cause any new spots or clog my pores, but I don't find it helps fade existing spots faster.
I also like that it is antibacterial (and therefore probably helpful in fighting acne) without irritating or drying my skin at all.
Overall, a good purchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by chocobliss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Skin Status While Using Product: Starts out dry from using benzoyl peroxide gel at night but becomes oily throughout the day. Dry patches of skin causes discomfort and makes foundation look cakey if not applied carefully.

I bought this product online, thinking it was the "Cream for Intolerant Skin." When it arrived, I was disappointed to say the least; however, because I knew it would be another week before the right product arrived (I immediately went back online and ordered the right thing), I decided to give it a go.
I am *so* glad that I did. At first, I thought that the heavy, white cream would clog my sensitive and acne-prone skin and doubted I would use it again after I proved my initial skepticism and woke up with new breakouts. Lo and behold, the very next day my face felt...comfortable in weeks. To top it off, my face had no new breakouts. For every night until my package arrived, I used this - hesitantly, because I didn't know if it was just luck that prevented those pesky zits from forming - to relieve the uncomfortable, excessively dry feeling benzoyl peroxide leaves. Fortunately for me, it never broke me out.

Now, on to the regrettable side of the story...this stuff is on the heavy side. One would think that because it was so thick, it would get rid of those pesky flakes on the skin...but I'm afraid that it did not. As I have mentioned, it made my tight skin feel comfortable and manageable but I still had dry spots. That is the only reason why I took of one star/lipstick. So, for those readers who have oily, sensitive skin without any type of dryness, this will be a good product to use at night so you can wake up with a refreshed and soft skin in the morning. Those with dry skin may have to pair this with another product to completely alleviate the flaky skin. Overall, this is a great product for those who are using products that cause redness/discomfort/itchiness and want to feel some respite.

On a side note, the "Cream for Intolerant Skin" ended up breaking me out even though it was far lighter in consistency. It also did not feel very good on the skin; it felt tingly and a burned a bit. I would definitely repurchase the "Cicalfate" cream. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by azraelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Believe it or not, I don't use this as a spot treatment on the scratches, scars, pimples, wounds etc. but as day and night cream. I had a fraxel treatment in february, to remove a chicken pox scar on my cheek and my derm gave me a small package (the tiny one you can't buy, looks like a sample) of Cicalfate to treat my skin and though I only should have use it for a week, I purchased a bigger tube, as it worked so well on my entire face. It doesn't make my skin less oily and I need a blotting paper after 4 hours but it provides a beautiful glow, it hydrates my skin to the maximum and I can't believe I'm saying this but: even though it's a heavy cream, it didn't clog my (still large and therefor more clog-prone) pores, cause breakouts, make the applicaton of a bb cream a pain or anything like that. The only thing I could complain about is that it doesn't provide oil-control but then again: hey, this wasn't ment to be used as a moistrizer but my skin looks awesome (even, glowy, clear) and there were 0 irritations so far thanks to the soothing Avene thermal water which accounts for 45% in this cream and I assure you that my skin is of a very bitchy sensitive//highly clog-prone//oily kind so I was very pleased to see that this 12.90 CHFr. (about 13$) cream works so well on my skin. I'll attach a photo of my skin only with a layer of Avne Cicalfate, so you can have a look and get a picture of it. So all in all: definitely 5 lippies for Avene Cicalfate!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Rexina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

WOW!
This cream is great for healing eczema, redness, acne, sunburns etc. I've used it as a nightcream when my face is itchy, blotchy, irritated and have acne, and this makes such a difference! Will always have this by hand. Keep up the good work, Avene!

UPDATE: I've used this as a rescue remedy all summer long, and my feelings for this product havn't change! This is what I reach for if an irritation occurs (because I do react to a lot of products, and especially since I love trying new things). I also use it as a spot treatment, if I get an insect bite and so on!

THIS IS A MUSTHAVE!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by AlexaElisabetta

I love this! I recently experienced a really bad breakout and some serious irritation from another product. Totally desperate, I picked up some of this at my local london drugs, and it's been really great. I have acne-prone, super sensitive, clog-prone skin with rosacea, so it can be difficult navigating all these needs, but this works wonders.

Has calmed down my skin, and though its only been a week, has not caused any breakouts. There is no fragrance to this cream (that is essential for my sensitive skin!) and it has a really minimal list of ingredients. For those of you worried about mineral oil, check skincareman's notepad, there is nothing wrong with mineral oil in cosmetics and skincare!

I mix a little bit of this in my palm with avene skin recovery cream, and pat over slightly damp skin. It does a great job of moisturizing and balancing out redness. I absolutely love this stuff and will never stray! Makes my face look glowy and great. I don't think it's supposed to be used as an all over face cream, but my skin's barrier has been so compromised, I need something that will speed its healing. This also works really well to speed healing of pimples and little scars. I will stop using this all-over once my skin is in a better place, but till then, I love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by schoenl

Growing up in Germany, I have used this cream on and off all through my teens. Helps with eczema, heals little cuts and scrapes, including little oozing wounds after squeezing a pimple. I usually would put a small amount on a little, square shaped band-aid and then leave it on a pimple/scar over night.. In the morning, only a little red dot would remind me of the blemish. This cream is really great for all those using retinol containing creams or receiving chemical/physical peels, as they tend to irritate skin.

A tip for all those who think this cream is overpriced... Get the Zinc Oxide cream for Baby Butt rashes... They're essentially the same product, may be a little bit less creamy and more white. I promise, you won't regret it! What heels sensitive and adorable baby butt rashes, will do wonder to any part of you body;-) LOL And, it is dirt cheep in comparison - starting at 4-8 $ for a huge amount. I like the one by Johnson & Johnson. Good luck trying it out!

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by LemonCitron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG if I could give this stuff 5 bajillion stars I would. I use this as an everyday winter face moisturizer. My skin loves this stuff so much. At first I broke out a couple places but I just kept up with it and now it doesn't break me out and it actually heals my zits SO much faster. The price is pretty decent too. Lasts a couple months so $20 isn't bad at all. I also use this on my feet to keep them soft. I love this stuff so much. Highly recommended!!!