February 1, 2015 | 1623 users online

Concealers - Clinique - All About Eyes Concealer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Delilabee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am puzzled by the extreme negatives of some reviews and wonder whether these people are using too much... I use about 1 tube of '02' every 2+ years! It's super-pigmented and I find it gives sufficient under-eye coverage in an incredibly thin layer. It looks quite reflective without being at all shiny. Then again, I am happy with a 70% reduction of circles that others exclaim is inadequate. I would prefer that, with this very minimalist, almost invisible product, than getting 90+% coverage and looking too made up.

For under-eye I find the finger-pat method is ideal; a small brush can also be good. I use natural oil to moisturise under my eyes, blot, then it goes on very well. If I don't blot, it will sometimes crease. If I don't moisturise, it doesn't feel right - too dry under my ol' peepers.

I don't use it for pimples because yes, it does not stay on them well enough - but it also does not irritate and make pimples worse the way most concealers do.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by delicatepost

It's a bit too thick for me.. It just doesn't sit well or blend well.. I was disappointed in this product really.. it doesn't do a great job neither, I prefer mac concealers..

After a while oil started to bleed out of my tube :S I think it's separated inside.. ew.. chuck?? probably,, I'm worried that it will be bad for my eyes.. sorry clinique,

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2012 5:18:00 AM More reviews by morninglorya

Will last a long time, but color is off and looks really heavy/awkward. Would not repurchase, which is a shame since I usually love clinique.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by kgpowell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This really covers my dark circles and moisturizes my eyes like an eye cream. It lasts all day, even after I've gone swimming. it only creases under the eyes sometimes in extreme heat, but all you have to do is run a pinky under your eyes to smooth it out again. you don't need much to get great undereye coverage. i bought my tube of all about eyes almost two years ago and am still using that same tube. shake up the tube a little bit before you use it to keep it thick and keep it from separating. best undereye concealer i've used.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by snickles

This was about 22 bucks and it was a waste of money. The color the woman tested on my face looked good, but outside it was totally off. It didn't conceal anything no matter how much I layered it, and even before the layers it was dying. Sigh :(

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Imimpressions

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Here is a prime example where Paula B says this is a definite favorite and it is a total dud.

This creased within an hour of putting on. When I put on concealer under my eyes, it is there for a flawless complexion not to see lines and creases of product. It also gave me red eyes.

I should never have strayed from Estee Lauder Smoothing Cream concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by amandaeclark

IMO this is too heavy for the eye area. It doesn't blend well and it settles into creases. Also, it seperates and its not like you can effectively shake it up in this tube. Seem like if I did not use it for a couple of days, then the first bit to come out would be clear water. It's gross. I do not recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by malditakengkay

The thing with this concealer is that it does not cover my undereye circles and it creases into my fine lines when I put more on and it ends up looking cakey. It also is not long-lasting, within the hour I can see my dark circles again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by immortalkeanu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Prior to trying this concealer I was using L'Oreal True Match which I did like but I got a gift card to Sephora, ran out of concealer and decided to try out something new. I was very impressed with Clinique's concealer! It does a really great job with coverage and it was definitely worth it. However, one thing I dislike about this product is that it's pretty thin and a bit liquid-y which obviously isn't always helpful when you are trying to cover something up. The product tends to set into lines after a long day. The trick is to just dab it on and very, very gently blend in (and a quick touch up during the day helps too). Other than that easily fixable problem, I love it

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2012 3:02:00 AM More reviews by Moyave23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I ended up buying this Concealer despite the mixed reviews here on MUA because I compared it directly to the Dior Nude Concealer, which has much better reviews and found them to look fairly similar, except the All about Eyes Concealer had more coverage and I was looking for that in a Concealer.
Let me say that I don't think this is the Concealer for everyone. If you don't need high coverage in a Concealer and/or if your skin is more mature, I think there are better Concealers out there for you.
Here's why:
Pros:
- Very good coverage for a liquid concealer
- Relatively large amount of product with 10 ml for about 20 (compare that to something like Touche Eclat, where it is more like 1,5 ml for 35)
- Blends in pretty well when applied and patted in with fingers
- Looks fairly natural around the delicate eye area (Worse than some but better than most high coverage ones)

Cons:
- Like other people said already: It does settle into fine lines after a few hours, even when set with powder
- At the end of the day, I sometimes find it dry-looking, seeming to accentuate fine lines
- Don't find it to be moisturizing like it says.

I think how well you'll get along with this concealer will depend on the degree of fine lining around your eyes because the settling into fine lines part is the biggest con with this concealer. I have a few but they're not usually very noticable but this concealer is sure to find them. But overall the results I get with it are not too bad and the creasing is tolerable, as there are not yet very deep lines to creep in. I'm not sure whether I would repurchase though.
I would advise you to give this a try if you need good coverage and to use only tiny (think ant-sized) amounts for each eye, as that is all you need. I use the shade 01Light Neutral for my NC15ish skin and it matches pretty well.