Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara

2.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/24/2013 12:24:00 AM

I tried this mascara today and found that it smudged all over my lower lash line throughout the day. Two things to note are that I have oily lids and eye areas in general and that I did not curl my medium length lashes. Someone with less oily skin might have better luck with this. I found myself wiping the black smudges away throughout the day. I'm just glad that I didn't waste my money on this because I received this for free in a gift set from beauty.com. Continuing to look for a new mascara!

on 1/15/2013 1:37:00 AM

*the picture should be updated since that version of the big fatty is no longer available

Here's the scoop: I heard so many good reviews online about this product since I was on a hunt (and still am) in finding the PERFECT mascara. Being the HUGE Urban Decay fan that I am, I thought I'd give it a shot, after all I love anything UD. I was very disappointed to say the least. Ill start with the pros just to not disappoint all you UD fans. Pros: very black, lots of product, and long lasting. Cons: this mascara volumizes by clumping your lashes together! Eww! The consistency of the product is goofy and too thick! The bristles on the wand are tiny plastic spikes on a thick piece of plastic, so in no one do the bristles separate your lashes! They basically glue your lashes together. The formula is very wet and takes a but to really dry, so waiting to curl your lashes us important otherwise they stick to your curler! Stay away from this my friends! Stick to the UD eyeshadow palettes those are the best!!!!! -xoxo

on 1/10/2013 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Buy this only if you want your lashes to break in half. I assure you in three weeks you will have half the lashes you did than when you started using the product.

on 1/7/2013 11:20:00 AM

I found the brush too big and deposited way too much product. It definitly clumps your lashes and is not good if you want a natural look. I would not recommend or buy this product again.

Only plus is that it doesn't flake and can hold a curl quite decent. I think it's quite good value for money as you get 15ml of product. Most mascaras you get about 8-10ml.

on 1/3/2013 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think so many people dislike this mascara because I believe it's made for people that already have long lashes. The big brush works best for longer lashes, if your lashes are not naturally very long try Benefit They're Real. That being said, I LOVE this mascara so much. I have very long natural lashes and find the bigger brush perfect. The formula is great and doesn't smudge, stays on all day long. I wish it came in brown as a I'm blonde and like brown mascara every once in a while. But still, I've tried so many mascara and this one is my favorite.

on 1/2/2013 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm another one of the few that likes this mascara. I also got a freebie from Sephora. I like that this mascara gives me volume without tons of coats. It does tend to smudge on me a little though and that is the only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies. I'm not sure if UD makes this in waterproof, but I might check that out for the smudge factor. I have oily skin and naturally long lashes, so I tend to get mascara up on my brow bone without even trying.

on 12/27/2012 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Drug store brands are better. Way better. I get Nothing but clumps with this. Don't like it at all. Only pro is how black it is and no smudges.

EDIT 3/29/13: OKAY OKAY... So I have been using it more and realized that it isn't as bad as I said. I'm used to applying 3 coats of mascara and I guess that's what messed me up with this one. One coat should be enough, or layer coats quickly before it dries because then it will clump bad. I actually have been asked if I'm wearing falsies while wearing this... Hmm. Not bad I guess... Still, Idk if its worth the price.

on 12/27/2012 3:56:00 AM

Ur lashes definitely longer but gotta be careful when u use it. Easy to mess up. This is a video of how I use it! http://m.

on 12/8/2012 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this as a free sample from Sephora.com. I was pretty excited to try a new mascara. I usually use Maybelline mascaras as I feel it is idiotic to spend more than $8 on a mascara you are just going to throw away after 3 months....seriously throw them away people! lol

Jokes aside I seriously don't spend my big bucks on mascara. So it was kind of exciting that I was able to get this mascara. My excitement ended when I went to apply this tar like mascara. It was thick and goopy. It clumped my eyelashes like a nightmare. I have never, never, never seen my eyelashes SO clumpy before.

Someone mentioned before that it makes your eyelashes look like you have been crying and I kid you not my mother thought I had been crying after I put this mascara on. Cry baby is not the look I'm going for when I wear mascara.

If I had to say anything nice about this mascara I will say it is a nice black formula. I think you could work with it with a mascara comb, but serious it would be a lot of work when I could wear a drugstore mascara and get better results.

This is clumpy and stiff. I would pass if I was you, but if you can get it for free you aren't out anything.

Update:

I originally gave this mascara a 1 lippie, but after giving it a few more tries I have realized it is not a horrible mascara. It just has a learning curve. It is a nice mascara if you can apply it carefully enough. I will continue to use my sample, but I will not purchase the full-size product. Even after figuring out how to use this mascara I am not "wowed" by this one's performance. It is just a black mascara that makes my eyelashes marginally fuller. If you have tried it and got the yucky "I just cried eyes" give the mascara a try a few more times with less product on the wand. Maybe you might like it, love it, find it more useful? :)

on 12/5/2012 1:58:00 PM

I got a sample of this. It makes your lashes thicker by clumping them together. Not impressed. My daughter said it looked like I had Anime lashes lol. If I paid for it I'd make it work with a lash comb, but I wouldn't buy it now that I've tried it. It's also pretty messy.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products