September 30, 2014 | 1074 users online

Mascara - Urban Decay - Big Fatty Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 7:46:00 AM More reviews by Mel_C

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm another one of the few that likes this mascara. I also got a freebie from Sephora. I like that this mascara gives me volume without tons of coats. It does tend to smudge on me a little though and that is the only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies. I'm not sure if UD makes this in waterproof, but I might check that out for the smudge factor. I have oily skin and naturally long lashes, so I tend to get mascara up on my brow bone without even trying.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2012 7:13:00 AM More reviews by JerseyRoja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Drug store brands are better. Way better. I get Nothing but clumps with this. Don't like it at all. Only pro is how black it is and no smudges.

EDIT 3/29/13: OKAY OKAY... So I have been using it more and realized that it isn't as bad as I said. I'm used to applying 3 coats of mascara and I guess that's what messed me up with this one. One coat should be enough, or layer coats quickly before it dries because then it will clump bad. I actually have been asked if I'm wearing falsies while wearing this... Hmm. Not bad I guess... Still, Idk if its worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2012 3:56:00 AM More reviews by mameansopica

Ur lashes definitely longer but gotta be careful when u use it. Easy to mess up. This is a video of how I use it! http://m.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I got this as a free sample from Sephora.com. I was pretty excited to try a new mascara. I usually use Maybelline mascaras as I feel it is idiotic to spend more than $8 on a mascara you are just going to throw away after 3 months....seriously throw them away people! lol

Jokes aside I seriously don't spend my big bucks on mascara. So it was kind of exciting that I was able to get this mascara. My excitement ended when I went to apply this tar like mascara. It was thick and goopy. It clumped my eyelashes like a nightmare. I have never, never, never seen my eyelashes SO clumpy before.

Someone mentioned before that it makes your eyelashes look like you have been crying and I kid you not my mother thought I had been crying after I put this mascara on. Cry baby is not the look I'm going for when I wear mascara.

If I had to say anything nice about this mascara I will say it is a nice black formula. I think you could work with it with a mascara comb, but serious it would be a lot of work when I could wear a drugstore mascara and get better results.

This is clumpy and stiff. I would pass if I was you, but if you can get it for free you aren't out anything.

Update:

I originally gave this mascara a 1 lippie, but after giving it a few more tries I have realized it is not a horrible mascara. It just has a learning curve. It is a nice mascara if you can apply it carefully enough. I will continue to use my sample, but I will not purchase the full-size product. Even after figuring out how to use this mascara I am not "wowed" by this one's performance. It is just a black mascara that makes my eyelashes marginally fuller. If you have tried it and got the yucky "I just cried eyes" give the mascara a try a few more times with less product on the wand. Maybe you might like it, love it, find it more useful? :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by karenandwill

I got a sample of this. It makes your lashes thicker by clumping them together. Not impressed. My daughter said it looked like I had Anime lashes lol. If I paid for it I'd make it work with a lash comb, but I wouldn't buy it now that I've tried it. It's also pretty messy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by stillhot

I honestly don't know why nobody but me seems to like this mascara. It is truly among the best I've ever found. Secret to getting good coverage is to tip the end with product back into the tube to get less on wand. I start at the base of my lashes and wiggle to ends. Perfect every time. No clumping, and it's very full coverage. My lashes have never looked better. It makes me second guess the ratings on this blog, because I'm not nuts and this is a great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Arielle91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product in a two pack at Sephora because I wanted to try something new and boy oh boy.. did I regret it!! It burned my eyes so bad every single time I wore it &it was very dry &it clumped. I kept trying to make it work but I just couldn't. The packaging is very eye catching but the product itself was no good, at least for me it wasn't.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Krodriguez1682

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was so exited to try this & I love the packaging ( I am a sucker for packaging) and then when I actually tried it I was soooo disappointed. This mascara didn't do anything for me. I really wanted to like it, but it was just so impossible. Don't waste your money on this. If your looking for a high end mascara try diorshow, that's a showstopper!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by laurasteph24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try out a high end mascara so i i bought the big fatty from urban decay, it says that it makes lashes super thick and long so i was excited to use it but once i tried it out it was really black which i liked and it was a pretty big tube but honestly it didnt do much for my lashes but honestly its because my lashes are already not that great but i was expecting something better just because of the price and the brand, if you have decent lashes give it a try but if youre looking for something to really give them a boost then just pass!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found this mascara really dry, and it didn't really do much. I tried to put on another coat to remedy this, but it was too dry to add another already...No bueno :( super cute packaging though! i'm a sucker for packaging!