September 21, 2014 | 1735 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by vwbenzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely my HG eyeliner! The ONLY product that allows me the control to get a perfect wing! Sometimes I get spoiled with it and forget that this is the only product that does not smudge and maintains its pigment and placement all day, even though tears! Over an eyeshadow base and a good powder eyeshadow, that is. And when I try something else, like pigmented black e/s and/or liquid e/l, it doesn't stay put, and the performance doesn't even come close. Without primer & e/s it can smear and smudge like anything else. The real game changer is the BB eyeliner brush. Get the one that's flat, not the tapered one. I will purchase this little gem over and over and already have a travel size (depotted from a d/c BB e/s and e/l set) and 2 full size backups.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by traceyfearn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product after watching make-up review videos from Lisa Eldridge and have to say I think it is brilliant. It goes on really easily and stays put all day. I have tried lots of different eye-liners and usually end up with smudgy marks around my eyes. Cute little pot too.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by fromskyline

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I've tried Stila's Smudgepot and MAC's Fluidline before (also tried Maybelline's dramatic gel liner whatever it is and L'oreal's HIP gelcream liner; UGH both are so bad I cannot even dignify myself to write a review on them. Point being, if you tend to get smudgey panda eyes, just stay away from those DEFINITELY. If you're less prone to panda eyes, give 'em a try.). All in black. I'd have to say of all the gel/cream liners, Bobbi Brown's Gel liner is the best. Stila's Smudgepot flaked into my contacts and it was a red-eyed black-teared mess every single day. MAC's Fluidline just faded and smudged within the first 30 minutes.
But Bobbi Brown's Gel Liner is not perfect. I definitely get smudgey panda eyes after a couple hours. The only good thing about BB's Gel Liner in Black is I don't get the psycho red-eyed black teared mess and it doesn't fade to dirty brown-gray. The problem is once it smudges into panda-eyes, it's difficult to remove without tugging the undereye skin. And when you tug the undereye skin, your eyes just look saggy and baggy and sad girl status.

I've tried various topnotch liquid liners (Stila, MAC, etc etc) but all liquid liners do one thing: flake into my contacts which causes my contacts to get all blurry and make my eyes all red and teary.

...so what's a girl to do? I just line my eyes with black eyeshadow (currently NARS' Night Breed). Sure I get smudgey eyed panda eyes (not as bad as MAC's Fluidline but as bad as BB's Gel Liner smudgey level), but since it's powder it's easier to clean up without tugging on my undereye skin too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Sezstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After hearing great things about gel liner I finally took the plunge with bobbi brown as I heard it stayed on a little longer on the water line as compared with MAC fluidline. I bought the brush and pot and it was expensive but so far it has been worth it. It will require a little practice to tightline but once you get the hang of it, it's quick. You only use a little and it lasts me about 8 hours on my waterline.

I have yet to try it on my lashline but if it holds on the waterline I'm sure it'll hold on drier skin.
Buy this if you can spend some money and wear eyeliner every day.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2012 11:15:00 AM More reviews by tabbycam

UGH. Seriously after hearing so many good things about this I was so excited to try it. I got the little pot and the matching Bobbi Brown brush. To be fair, I have never used any other gel eyeliner so I can't tell you how it compares to anything else, but I do wear liquid eyeliner on a daily basis so I do feel qualified to tell you how much this is lacking in comparison to pretty much anything else I've used for the same effect.

Basically, I found this dry, flaky and it after a month or so of wearing I got a stye in my eyelid (so really the trifecta of terrible eye makeup, right?) I don't have a naturally greasy eyelid so perhaps the formula of this was too strong, or maybe I just got a bad pot or something. I would put it on in the morning and it would look decent (though it was difficult to apply smoothly, I blame that on both the dry formula and the brush, but that's a review for a different time) but after a couple hours at work it all flaked off and turned a worn, grayish color. Like I said, I've previously only used liquid eyeliners and not gels, but I can't believe that this is supposed to happen, especially from a product marketed as 'long wear'. I tried to like it, I really did, but ultimately the only thing I liked about this product was the application itself, using the brush etc. but that's not a compliment to the particular product, just to the gel genre in particular. This product was so awful, however, that it sent me running straight back to pen-type applications. Never going gel again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by helloitsme93

I have monolids so it is very rare for an eyeliner to not smudge on me. It smudges enough for me not to buy it again but this is the best pot eyeliner I have tried so far. I want to try the mac next.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by bootmunchie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it. Inken my sticken eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by awoooo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this because it had such great reviews and all I can say is, yes it may last long but it smudges madly and you end up looking like a panda.

I normally use liquid eye liners because pencil somehow seem to smudge after 4~5 hours and I look like a panda. However I really like the softer look of pencil so I thought maybe gel might do the trick....

I dont like putting on hours of make up and layering my eye area with primers and powder etc to prevent smudging. I dont have time to do all that in the morning. I just want an eyeliner that I can put on after moisturiser and stay that way. I'm so sick of liquid eye liner but I think I'll stick to it for now because it never smudges :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by DebbieN

Bobbi Brown Gel Liner trumps all. The color stays "black" much longer than MAC's fluidline. The package also lasts longer than MAC. Not sure about everyone else, but Bobbi Brown also applies much smoother than MAC.

In short, it as the applicability of Loreal HIP gel liner, but the non flakiness of MAC. I use the 209 brush when applying. Another trick that I learned when I was getting my trial done (maybe it's not a trick and I'm just late), but when you are applying, you could simply face the container downwards to decrease exposure to drying out if you're too lazy to screw the cap back on.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by shi000

Take my review with a grain of salt, as this is only the second gel eyeliner I've ever used.

Creamy consistency, and good staying power! I have really oily lids, and never use primer like I should, but the liner only smudges slightly. The color is great as well. Very dark and bold.

The only issue I have is that it dries pretty quickly. This would probably not be a problem for most people, but I never draw my eyeliner on evenly, and always have to fix mistakes. (It's harder to fix after it dries).