NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella

4.3

c12 13 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Di Calcium Phosphate, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Aroma (Flavor), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 6/14/2012 6:24:00 PM

This is such a sexy, vampy red. I love how smoothly it goes on and STAYS on. Just make sure to exfoliate and moisturize your lips before applying. I'm not the biggest fan of the packaging since it is in pencil form and you have to sharpen it every once and a while, but I would recommend sharpening it with a sharp x-acto knife in order to waste less product.

on 5/27/2012 9:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I don't think I have ever received this many compliments in one day before. I wore this at work (retail) and so many customers complimented me on my lips! The colour looked absolutely amazing on my NC20 skin. Some of my coworkers said I reminded them of a geisha.

This lip pencil is very creamy, pigmented, and easy to apply. I applied it straight from the stick and then used my lip pencil to smooth the edges. Then I put a bit of lip balm on top and it looked and felt awesome! The only thing that would make this product perfect is if it came in a twist-up form; I really hate sharpening pencils since there can be a lot of waste and mess.

HOLY EFF.

The only reason I can't rate this lip pencil perfect is because of the price. $35 in Canada after taxes...yikes.

Other than that - SO impressed. Glides on effortlessly, the colour is SUPER pigmented, and the finish, like the name, is like velvet.

I adore it.

on 2/27/2012 3:17:00 PM

OK so this is the most gorgeous red I've ever used ! It looks like velvet on. I haven't tried to sharpen it yet, but if that works out well I'll be in love forever.

on 10/11/2011 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Cruella on my skin tone (Nars Sheer Glow in Punjab, NC35, Chanel Beige, Diorskin Nude 031 Sand) looks VERY bordeaux wine red, almost vampish on me. For a true red, I go with Dragon Girl, For a bright happy fun orange red I go with Red Square. Whilst I like Cruella, I can't see this as being my go-to red. It's kinda cool to wear for fall with hardly any makeup. It doesn't bleed, which I love. It applies so creamy and stays on forever. It might look good if I went as a vampire for Halloween.

on 7/8/2011 8:11:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This was one of my two 'finalists' last week when swatching lipsticks at sephora (the other one is 'Maneater' by Illamasqua). Went back today and bought it and I must say, between these two amazing reds, I am done searching for my perfect red! This lip pencil goes on matte, like the Illamasqua one, which I love. And it offers the deeper red that I can't get with 'Maneater', which on me shows up brighter, on the orange side a bit. Will definitely be buying Cruella lipstick again whenever I run out of this one! If you're looking for the blood red matte lipstick, this is it.

great product, simple application, great longetivity, can be a bit drying, make sure you apply a hydrating balm prior to application. good deep blue-based red.

on 4/4/2011 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Oh. My. God. I cannot properly explain my love for this lip pencil. I have just recently decided to take the plunge into the world of red lips, and now that I have I cannot get enough! This is a beautiful red color and I will never be able to live without it again! The pencil form makes it so so so easy on both initial application and reapplication. I use a red lip liner when I first apply, but as another reviewer said, since it's a pencil the reapplicaiton is almost too easy! Great velvety formula. I also agree that the packaging can leave some to desire. This is my third NARS lip pencil, and I always have to keep them seperate from the other things I am carrying in my purse so that the cap does not accidentally come off and poo all over my other things. lol

on 2/24/2011 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I don't like that the cap could potentially slip off in my bag (which is why I keep it in the box). Since it's a pencil, I find it easy to apply, especially to the bow (top?) of my lips because they're kind of sharp/pointy (did that make sense?). Love the color, I just wore it a few times and have to see how it weathers eating, etc. Looks good on a variety of skin tones. I hate sharpening pencils though, so I guess there are pro's and con's to this shape. If this wasn't so expensive, I would buy it more often.

on 5/19/2010 12:48:00 PM

This is my go-to HG red lipstick!

This is the perfect Red for a pin-up look or when you want a classic red lip. This is an orange based red, so it works well with my NC25 skin! Not too dark, or too bright, this is the PERFECT matte red lip!

This is a great lipstick to add to your red lippie collection, or the perfect starter if you're testing the waters in the sea of red lipsticks..

Video Reviews & Tutorials