July 29, 2014 | 2047 users online

Cleansers - MD Forte - Facial Cleanser III

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2009 7:24:00 PM More reviews by phants

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I haven't used this product, but I would like to! Can anyone tell me what retailers carry this? or do I need to purchase it online?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 6:16:00 AM More reviews by beesknees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've used MD Formulations Cleanser for around 5 years, however I bought the MD Forte Cleanser III just recently as it's half price and the glycolic percent is double. It's a really nice cleanser, and I went for stage III straight away as my skin is very tolerant of acids after using AHAs, BHAs and retinoids for many years. Cleanser III would be too strong for someone who has never used acids before so I would recommend using I or II first. I use this twice a day, and at night I remove my makeup using oils first, then rub the MD Forte cleanser all over my face and leave it for about ten minutes, as I find it helps get even nicer results.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Charliewantsmoore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I never really write reviews but I had to spread the word about this! I've been using it for 3 weeks now and my all of my bumps and scars are gone, literally. I've never tried using anything that has worked like this on my skin. I'm definately going to try the lotion too although my skin is pretty much perfect now.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2008 12:28:00 AM More reviews by michelleb1911

I absolutely love this cleanser. I'm so glad I discovered it. It really does need to be used correctly or I don't think you will see results. I remove my makeup first with a Neutrogena cleansing bar with a very quick lather and rinse. Then dry my face. This seems to be a lot of work to some people, but I really don't mind because the results are so worth it. Then I put on my MD Forte Cleanser III and massage it in and leave it on for at least 1 minute, but sometimes up to 5 or 10 if I can. I can usually feel little tingles which means the product is working. If I don't wash off my makeup first I don't get the tingles feeling and I feel that the cleanser is working too hard to get through the makeup and gunk from the day instead of working on my top layers of dead skin. Then after a few minutes I put a bit of water on my hands and massage that in for a few more seconds, then rinse, sometimes with a cloth, and sometimes just running water. This is like getting microdermabrasion every day. Sometimes I use morning and night, and sometimes just once a day. I'm half way through my second bottle. Each bottle lasts about 6 months. I also have facial lotion III but I think that sometimes too much glycolic acid in my routine can cause more breakouts to come to the surface along the jawline. So I'm trying to work out how often to use the lotion.
I have been using a lot of very high quality products with active ingredients this past year so I can't contribute all the fantastic changes in my skin to this one product, but I'm sure it has made a huge difference in clarity, tone, reduction in fine lines, etc.. I'll be using it for the rest of my life.
Edit. I actually like the packaging. I prefer to pay the money for a good quality product and I don't care what the bottle looks like. Hopefully the plain packaging will keep the prices down. If I want nice packaging I'll buy a chanel lip gloss or something.
Edit: I have found that I can't use such a strong glycolic acid product every day. I am using it about once a week for a good exfoliation, otherwise if I use it too often it makes my skin overcompensate with too much oil production. Its still an amazing product and I will continue to use it. I'm on my 5th or 6th bottle now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 9:24:00 AM More reviews by sloro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This cleanser is fantastic! I did not have luck the Aqua Glycolic cleanser either. It actually seemed to clog my pores rather than clean my face. It does make a fabulous shaving lotion though. The MD Forte III Cleanser has been amazing for my skin. I put it on dry skin in the morning, leave it on for about one or two minutes and then add a bit of water, massage and remove with a wet microfiber cloth. My skin truly glows when using this! I don't think it would remove makeup well, so I wouldn't recommend it for that use. I am also using the MD Forte Facial Lotion II, and the Skin Rejuvination Eye Cream. I am having fabulous results with this line. You can purchase online at skincarerx.com and use code MUA20 for 20% off.
Ingredients:
Purified Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid (and) Ammonium Glycolate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Sorbitol, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2008 More reviews by richaco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Just like all other reviewers have stated, this cleanser is amazing! I have been using Aqua Glycolic for about a week, which I did like, but this blows AG totally out of the water! I was a bit worried that the level III would sting my face, but it actually seems more gentle than AG. I have noticed a HUGE difference in blackheads and overall skin tone since started MD Forte, and its only been such a short time! LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by curlycuesue

I've been using MD Cleanser II for years, which was working fine. But I thought I'd give III a shot, figuring my skin would be able to handle the higher % b/c I use lactic acid serum, MaMa Lotion, and Stridex max strength pads on a daily basis. What's weird is that the III seems more gentle on my face b/c it doesn't sting, but the II stung quite frequently. I must say, though, that I think it's making a difference. My face isn't oily in the morning, my cheek pores have diminished in size, and I seem to have fewer blackheads on my nose. Plus, my jawline seems to have fewer flesh-colored bumpies. I'm glad I took the plunge to move up to III. I just hope my skin doesn't get used to this concentration b/c I don't think they make anything higher.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2008 5:25:00 PM More reviews by nicurly

I have been using this strength since March/08 and have definitely noticed a difference. I was using II for approx. 1 year and wanted to see better results. I really like everything about this cleanser. It did take me a while to get used to the fact that this does not foam, but this product, after using my cleansing oil to remove my ss rocks!! Unfortunately, I have to order from skincare rx (mua20 -for 20%off) b/c this is not sold in Canada. Unless we start importing something similar, I will never be without!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2008 11:11:00 AM More reviews by meandmyhouse

This is the first review I've written about a skin care product. I've been using MD Forte cleanser III for about 4 months and although I noticed an immediate difference, I wasn't sure if it was living up to its reviews. When I took the advice of some of the reviewers and started leaving it on my face for 5-10 minutes before rinsing, that's when my skin really improved. I've been battling acne for 30 years - since using this I still get minor breakouts and clogged pores, but my skin has never been better and I even go without makeup sometimes. I recently started using it twice a day and am continuing to see improvement. Even though I started with the III cleanser, it never dried out my skin. I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2008 10:54:00 AM More reviews by abril

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I broke out horribly since Xmas. Even under accutane, I still break out with painful cystic acne once in a while, which might take a month before it stops swelling. I started using this cleanser two weeks ago (I've been using neostrata AHA15 gel for some time). The most noticable difference it makes it that those huge spots take days to diminish instead of weeks, which is already a huge plus plus plus to me! I use it sort of as a 3 minute mask after cream makeup remover. I would recommend it to people with problematic, resistant skin like mine.