August 27, 2014 | 1799 users online

Foundations - Urban Decay - Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2010 2:50:00 AM More reviews by deathproof

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I dont get the hype for this,its really like youre applying loose powder on your face maybe a tad more pigmented, a little bit better than BE's but still sucks and doesn't give a pretty finish.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2010 2:29:00 AM More reviews by bellagemma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This looked really pretty on, but I broke out badly. I think the packaging is not that great and traps a lot of bacteria. It gives a nice, natural, glow-y finish, not oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 12:21:00 AM More reviews by asianeyecandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this stuff! Here are a couple of reasons why:
1. It has yellow undertones. I'm pretty olive/yellow and so I need that. It's not sickly yellow but just enough yellow to match my skin. FINALLY! I don't have to look pink or orange anymore!
2. Can be applied sheer...
3. Or full coverage! Seriously, if I don't have time for concealor or bb cream, I just pat this one my face with the puff applicator or use a flattop brush. For blemishes, I just pat some more of the powder on top of it and wha-la, magic.
4. Acts as a nice setting powder since it can be applied sheer.
5. Mattifies my t-zone.
6. Doesn't cause mountainous volcanoes to erupt on my face! A super biggie for my acne-prone skin.
7. I no longer need to wear liquid foundation! An even bigger biggie because my bf LOVES my new makeup regimen (even though he claims he I look beautiful without makeup). I have hyperpigmentation, pitted scars, and redness so I've always been self-conscious about my face, causing me to paint the makeup on. But now I just use either my MUFE full coverage concealor in Ivory 6 or just spray my MAC Fix+ and buff this powder over and my face is flawlessssss! My bf told me, "You should always do your makeup like that instead of painting that other liquid stuff on. You look so much more natural and pretty." :) Such bittersweet words. hahaha
8. Makes my pores appear smaller. The puff applicator actually does help in making pores look smaller b/c of the patting action.
9. Doesn't oxidize on me throughout the day.
10. Has pretty good staying power.
11. Lastly, they don't test on animals. :D
The one and only con of this product for me is that the more you pack on the product, the darker the color will get. But it's not such a huge gigantic problem that it outweighs the benefits.
--->Oh! And for everyone was complained about the packaging, UD has listened and changed it. There is still a sponge but it is not removable so it can be washed with soap. I just wrote a review on this product at my blog too so if you want to see pictures of the new product compared to the old, here's my link: http://skinnyfatstacy.blogspot.com/2010/04/review-urban-decays-awesome-recent-sale.html . Overall, I honestly love this stuff!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I purchased this a while back at an Urban Decay counter in Macys. I was given the lightest shade in Illusion. Its a bit dark, and I'm a MAC NC20-25, but its the lightest shade they had. I tried other mineral foundations and this one performs just as well, but I find that it has a slightly more matte finish than others I've tried. Its long lasting and doesn't streak. It also holds up well when I sweat. I will be using this for the rest of the summer.

The only thing I really don't like is the packaging. You're supposed to pat yourself on the face with it over and over again and blend it with the sponge on the tip but I just don't like using it that way. I have to unscrew it, pour a small amount into the lid and apply with the brush from there. I think its kind of a pain and would rather have it in a sifter jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by TANYAJADE

Firstly let me say that my HG foundation WAS Revlon's ColorStay.. as most of you will know, it provides a thick, full on coverage. I thought trying a mineral foundation would make me feel bare-faced. How wrong was I? This mineral foundation is FANTASTIC it provides a great coverage, nourishing to skin and looks gorgeous on. I'm really pleased. It seems to be lasting quite a while too. The packaging is so handy as the sponge applicator is fastened onto the foundation so it's so easy to apply on the move (because you're not fiddling about with your foundation brush and pouring the liquid onto the back of your hand!!).

Very pleased with this product. Will stick with it, bye bye Revlon, we've had some good times.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 11:00:00 AM More reviews by nothingreally

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is the only foundation that completely matches my olive skin. This is better suited for those with olive to warm undertones, so cool tones won't like this. But this is a godsend because 95% of foundations are too pink or too beige on me. I'm hispanic and have true olive skin(looks pale green in dim lighting). I use Nirvana which it is a perfect match for the winter, and use Dream - Supernova during the summer. My sister, who people joke around is ivory white(no natural blush like me) uses the lightest shade Illusion which matches her perfectly. The undertone match is crucial, this will appear too dark for very fair skin runs on the cool side. And the Universal shade is a translucent correcting powder(yellow to reduce redness) so don't expect any coverage there.

It gives me this beautiful 'surreal' glow that has been unmatched by every other foundation I've ever tried; It goes on semi matte and stays that way all day, and diffuses any blemishes I have. I'd say the coverage is light-medium, but can be built up to a heavy medium. This never looks cakey, even when I build coverage. It lasts all day, I can sleep with this on and its still there. And there is no glitter! It's also looks natural, none one can tell I'm wearing foundation and I get complimented on my skin, rather than my makeup.

My only gripe is the packaging, which I absolutely loathe. I can see this being great for those who dislike the whole kabuki, swirl, buff routine, but I find it to be wasteful and unsanitary(tough to clean the sponge without pulling the foam out). I first got this and loved the sponge because of the ease, but I noticed an enormous amount of product being used; it was about half gone after only 2 months.

I took off the sponge and noticed how much product was wasted and stuck between the foam and the sponge. So I tore off the sponge/foam and only the holes were showing. Now I use it this way: I slide it open a bit to allow a little mineral foundation to come out, tap it into the cap, and then dip my kabuki brush in, swirl, and apply. I find it easier this way to build coverage and it's less messy because the cap is big and easy to swirl my brushes in without powder flying around. But make sure to slide it open just a little so a whole barrage of foundation doesn't land in the cap, and make sure the sliding opener is completely closed before you put the cap back on.

Ever since I tore off the sponge this has lasted me a looonnngg time. From when I had a little less than half the jar left, it's been 8 months and I'm just about to hit the bottom. Taking into consideration how long this has lasted, the price is well worth it. I don't spend more $$ on foundations that do not compare and last only a few months. Try this if you olive skin and have trouble finding a match, and want the best foundation out there; you won't be disappointed. This is also a great mineral alternative for those who like foundations with a glowy finish like Nars Sheer Glow, and there's no glitter!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 7:39:00 AM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this. I did, to some degree. It looked great texture-wise once on & it felt nice too. There's too many disadvantages for me to use it again or repurchase, though.
Firstly, the puff. It was one of the main reasons I purchased as I wanted something that would be great to toss in my bag for travelling. It was difficult to get enough on my face using it. I had to unscrew the lid & use a brush. I resigned myself to it not being too big a deal to have to carry around a brush to apply until I saw the colour. I ordered it in Illusion, their fairest shade. It was far too dark & also a tad too much on the pink side for my complexion. Had it been a little lighter, I could have lived with it not being a perfect shade just for the great finish; smooth, non-powdery or dry with a slight glow. Sadly it was just too dark to even consider it.
If UD release this in lighter shades at any point, I'll certainly take another look. As it is, I've bought Illamasqua's Powder Foundation to address my needs for something easy to use on the go & a great colour match.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 4:20:00 AM More reviews by user1988

This was a terrible product on me, I bought this in the lightest shade and had major problems trying to get this on my face so used it directly from the jar, no puff. This make me look cakey and oxidized on me. Returned it to sephora.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by davyjonessays

I like the look of this, but I find the packaging awkward as hell. I have to rub rub rub to get it on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by pocketelf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I love how this loose powder looks on my face. It gives me a glow and great coverage too. I have this on in illusion. Sadly I break out with this powder. I'm hoping my skin get used to this powder so that I can continue using it. On an added note, this ingredients in this powder are pretty harmful and cheap quality though.