August 29, 2014 | 1848 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMomma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing stuff! I love the way this mask make my skin look and feel. Yes, it can be very uncomfortable feeling as you're waiting for it to dry, but it's worth it!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2014 6:17:00 AM More reviews by TracyNevins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

WHAT A MESS!! I am reviewing this from the prospective that I have two teenagers with acne, and a 21 year old that takes excellent care of her skin, but just need/wanted a good pore cleansing. So: mistake number 1: doing all three masks at the same time. When I opened the jar, I spilled a quarter of it on the bathroom floor! There's no inner seal...so watch out when you open it! It drys FAST...so we had to get that stuff up quick! We used pure apple cider vinegar...and mixed a batch for three. My teen daughter was crying because it itched and hurt, my teen son was unaffected and my 21 year old said she felt the pulsating sensation, but it didn't do much for her except irritate her skin. All three of them had beet red faces. It gets in your hair, clothes, and you must use a bowl to rinse it off...otherwise...it will clog your drains. I'm 45 with very good skin , and I use the Alba sea mask...which I love. I'm very leary about using this because I have no acne...and that's what I bought it for.....my teen daughter's acne. After that fiasco, never again. My son will probably use it up or we'll give it away...since it's priced right...no big loss...but not the promised miracle...:(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 5:38:00 AM More reviews by Tigerlily28

This is a HG product!!!! I am 7 months pregnant and I have been trying not to use any chemical products on my skin out of precaution. However my hormones have been all over the place and acne cysts have appeared on my chin and jaw area. My ob gyn said I could try natural masks to really cleanse my skin. I had a jar of Aztec Indian Clay but had only used it once before, at the time I felt it did leave my skin feel clean but my skin was pretty clear and glowy to begin with.
I mixed the clay in equal proportion with APV and wow, what a difference it made!!! Although my skin was red right after I washed off the mask but it dried out my acne spots, made them less visible and gave my overall face a nice glow!!! I would recommend this to anyone (unless you have sensitive skin, you may want to test this first at a less visible area of your face). It is affordable, natural and long lasting!!!! Who needs expensive facials if you can clear the impurities at home with a jar of this miracle clay!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by jinajamm

This stuff is AWESOME! I mix one Tblsp of mask mix with one Tblsp of ACV & it's exactly enough to cover my entire face. You don't want to apply too much and have the mask too thick because it will take forever to dry. I leave it on until all the wet areas on my face are dry then use a warm sponge to moisten it then peel peices of it off and put the peices in a paper towel & dispose of it in the trash as opposed to washing it down the drain because it will clog your pipes.

The first time using this, it drew out the impurities right away, acne cysts that hadn't yet surfaced were purged from my skin. It was amazing how it all just came to the surface.

I will defintely buy this again but it seems this tub will last a very long time. It cost only $6.99 at Whole Foods :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by CherryJedi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great!

I've been using it for 6 months, twice a week.

What I do is I mix the clay with a tablespood of ACV and green tea.. This is the best combination for me since the tea is rich in antioxidants, and ACV is helping with the pH value of the skin, so I don't have problems with acne and my skin is soft and fresh... :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 8:29:00 AM More reviews by amattoni

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for 10+ years. With that said, it's something I always grab when my skin is at it's worse. Mix with apple cider vinegar to a paste like consistency and apply. I leave it on then remove in shower since it's very messy. Great product and a must to keep on hand!

I just wanted to add a tip for easier removal: place a damp, warm piece of cheesecloth over your face first then apply mask on over it. When it's dry, the mask/cloth will peel off.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2014 8:06:00 AM More reviews by freshface241

This mask is very intense on your skin and really clarifies. However, it dries out my oily skin and leaves it feeling unhealthily tight feeling. I personally only use this on my nose now, and it cleans my pores really well. Don't rinse this down the drain, it clogged the pipe from my sink!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2014 4:39:00 AM More reviews by Nova0407

This mask is pretty intense. It says that it pulsates which is true, nothing too extreme it feels pretty nice. I use it with filtered water. The first time I used it, it made my skin soooooo itchy while drying! I had to let it completely dry so I just fought through it. I left it on for 25 minutes. I looked in the mirror and this mask dried so tight and hard that it pulled my skin down and out, I looked so funny I wanted to laugh so bad but I couldn't. When washing this off, I pat my face with warm water to soften the mask, then I soak a washcloth in warm water and wipe away. After, I tone and moisturize my face. I noticed that the mask really helps with new active pimples, it'll dry it out making it slowly go away. Overall I do like this mask but it's not a must have that'll change your skin so don't get your hopes up when buying this and trying it out for the first time. Don't expect it to do WONDERS.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by asf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great purging product. I gravitate towards it especially when I've been lax about my regular skin-care routine for a day or two - really prevents my laziness from manifesting into major breakouts. After 14+ years (and probably thousands of dollars) of dealing with skin troubles, it's simultaneously comforting and annoying to know that all I need is a solid cleanser, a topical rx or two, and this mask.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

No results after using it twice a week for about 6 weeks.

My skin was clear for years thanks to the acne.org regimen. I tried a new skin care product, a serum, about 2 months ago & unfortunately it clogged my pores which led to breakouts. After discountinueing use of the serum, the really bad breakouts stopped but I was still left with clogged pores & some minor breakouts. Desperate for clear skin again, I decided to try this mask. I mixed it with raw apple cider vinegar, per the directions. I've been using it twice a week for about 6 weeks & have not seen any recents. My pores are still clogged & I'm still getting breakouts.

I never experienced the pulsating the jar says the user will experience. I find this mask to be uncomfortable while on but it's not unbearable. It's very hard to remove. My face is very red for about an hour after removing it.

I had high hopes for this product after reading all the rave reviews on here & am disapointed it did not work for me. I am going to try the AcneFree sulfur mask next.

Edited to add: Don't wash this down the drain or you will be coating your pipes with mud!

2nd edit 2/19: I have been using the AcneFree sulfur mask & my skin is finally back to being clear. I saw results right away, using it every 2-3 days, can't rave about that product enough. I feel stupid for wasting so much time doing the clay mask when I saw zero results. Also can't believe I was dumb enough to wash mud down my pipes a few times a week for 6 weeks. XD