December 22, 2014 | 1604 users online

Masks - Oatmeal Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by redbloodlips

I recently started using oatmeal on my skin and I am not going to stop. Where to even start! I keep a small amount of ground oatmeal in my bathroom and wash my face with it both morning and night and the way my face feels after using it, is indescribably soft and smooth. I also use it as a mask by mixing it with organic honey and organic milk I make this into a paste and lather it on my face letting it sit for 15 min. I am going to keep looking for different oatmeal masks to use on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by aestheticallychallenged

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After seven years of struggling with acne I can finally say that I no longer have a single zit on my face. This is all thanks to my favorite combo, oatmeal + plain yogurt.

I tried plain yogurt on its own at first and it seemed to slightly improve the texture of my skin. However, after incorporating oatmeal to the mix, my skin's become so much better. I struggle with hyperpigmentation and I think this combo has calmed it down. Also, I used to get pimples around my chin area. Note: I USED to. Now, having used oatmeal both as an ingredient for my yogurt mask as well as an exfoliator, my chin (as well as my whole face) is 99% pimple free. Another great thing is that oatmeal seems to cleanse my rather prominent T-zone pores really well (keeps the blackheads at bay!). Thanks to oatmeal, my skin feels soft and almost glows. My friends and family alike have all said that my skin looks a lot healthier these days.

I recommend everyone to give oatmeal a try. And remember to be consistent with it if it seems to work for you! I have been using yogurt + oatmeal for six months now. Bubzbeauty has good instructions on how to use oatmeal as an exfoliator/facial cleanser. I personally use oatmeal + yogurt mix three times a week. This helps my skin to stay neither too dry nor too oily throughout the week.

edit___ (May 28th, 2014)
Well over a year on and I'm still using oatmeal + yogurt mask. Nowadays I use this mask with some lemon juice (from a fresh lemon) in it and I feel that it has made the mask even better (lemon works as a good exfoliant if used moderately; don't burn your skin by overdoing it!!). Also, I only need to use this combo mask once a month or so instead of the three times a week routine I had last year. My skin is a lot better than it used to be a year ago. These DYI masks may often require time to work but I think the wait has been worth it. :) I can't say that my facial skin will be ever perfect (due to some scarring and persistent hyperpigmentation) but at least I now am acne free. I'm more comfortable being makeupless than I have been in years. Hopefully this works for everyone else too!

21 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by marmaladecat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking for a really gentle, effective, cheap facial scrub for my winter-dehydrated skin and for me, oats tick all the boxes!

I take some oats and add a small amount of water, until I get a really thick paste. I then wet my face and massage the mixture onto my skin, then rinse with warm water. My skin's left feeling silky-soft, smooth and not at all irritated or dried out. I use the oat scrub once or twice a week.

The only down-side for me is it's very messy to apply as bits do tend to drop off my face, but for me, the results are well worth it :) Really pleased I tried this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by DiJO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm always dubioius when trying 'natural' remedies, but they are the ones that actually work, not all those craps in the market! Seriously!
I've been using oats as a face mask, with yoghut, honey and lemon, and it softened, exfoliated, and brightened my face.
The only downside is that it is not pre-packaged and you have to make the mixture each time. BUT WHO CARES, IT IS THE BEST!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by slj324

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For about 3 weeks I have used oatmeal as a facial cleanser in hopes of getting rid of acne scars. I have found that my scars are getting lighter but it doesn't seem to stop new breakouts. Used before a lemon juice toner I think it will work even better!

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by KandyKisses

Just started using this and OMG... sorta fell in love! I am on a super tight budget and often have oatmeal on hand to make breakfast foods. I had a lot of extra oats hanging around and saw this mask... it's amazing! I've only used it twice but it makes my skin feel really smooth. I don't know what it's actually doing to my skin, but it feels nice. I take a handful of the oats in one hand after wetting my face and I run it under hot water until it gets sort of "milky" and "oatmeal-y". Then, I "sponge" the blob all over my face. It's hard to get the oats to stick, but the residue from the wet oatmeal sticks pretty well. I throw the wet blob out and wash my hands, then wait and do some stuff for about twenty minutes to a half an hour. The mask isn't annoying and smells like oatmeal, which is kind of nice! When it is fully dry, I wash it off with hot water and pat my face dry. Smooth smooth smooth! I will continue using this!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 5:19:00 AM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Let me start by saying, I´m in no way a diy type when it comes to beauty products. And on top of that, I was always weary of natural and organic cosmetic products for my face because they messed up my face whenever I tried some moisturizer, cleanser or mask of any organic brand.
But I alway loved oatmeal and ate it a lot. When I read on MUA, that you could use it as cleanser and mask, I was intrigued.
My skin is combo, acne-prone, sensitive, dehydrated and getting very dry in wintertime. It keratinizes too much and is therefore naturally congested and prone to breakouts and blackheads. So, basically a lot of fun for me to try new products, because there´s always the possibility to mess my skin up.
Of course, I watched bubzbeauty´s video on cleansing the skin with oatmeal and tried it.
Yes, it worked good for me and my skin glowed afterwards, but this is not for everyday use as far as my skin is concerned.
It is too messy and taking too much time in the morning. I the evening, I need something to remove the sunscreen and make-up.
But most important, my skin cannot be peeled that much, no matter how gentle the peeling effect is. This said, I think people with less sensitive skin should try this as a cleanser, because I felt, it worked good.
However, the really great thing for me is the use as a peeling or a mask. I roamed makeupalley in search of the most gentle peeling around. I avoid harsh peelings, even gentle manual peelings and only use enzymatic peelings, because my skin dries out and gets more sensitive from harsh peelings.
I use Kanebo´s silk peel powder at the moment, which costs 68 Euros/88 Dollars. Yes, this stuff is expensive and still, I felt it could be more gentle to my skin.
Enter oatmeal. I tried it as a peeling and it works amazing for my oh-so-sensitive skin. No harsh peeling and dry feeling afterwards. Just soft and glowing skin. And as a mask, I use only the oatmeal. No yoghurt, no honey, no aspirin. Tried it once with honey, but it felt a little irritating, so I skipped the honey.
The method is from bubzbeauty´s video: Just take the oatmeal in your closed hand and let water run over it until it is soaked with water and becomes a paste. Then peel your skin with it or put it on your face like a mask for 15 min. I rinse with cold water because my skin cannot take warm or hot water.
Unless you´re allergic to oatmeal, I suggest trying oatmeal for your face.
It´s cheap, effective, gentle and beats my expensive Kanebo silk peel powder.

11 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by iamawesome

I can't believe how less reviews oatmeal has!!!! It's so much better than all the other products that has thousands of reviews! It is a miracle worker! I usually have oily skin and heaps of acne, just generally really bad, but since I started using oatmeal my skin has been a lot less oily and less pimples form. I use it as a mask and a cleanser in the morning to absorb my oil. It's generally a excellent product that is natural, cheap and effective!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by ninaflorezbowling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

oatmeal masks draw out all of the imperfections in the skin and leave it supple and moist afterwards. i leave it on for about 20 minutes and rinse off with luke warm water. i love the way my face feels after and can't get enough of it. after a few weeks of using you can see a difference in texture and softness.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by nillionaire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

The most perfect cleanser I have found! It thoroughly cleanses without stripping, and has a mild vacuum effect on pores. An un-messy way to use it: put the oats in a "nut milk bag" (available from Whole Foods or online), set the bag into a bowl, add amount of very warm water to bowl (equal to the amount of oats, i.e. 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup water), then squeeze submerged oat filled bag into the water, discard contents of bag (spent oats). You should end up with an oat milk. It has an almost silky texture and is a pleasure to use!

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No