October 23, 2014 | 1855 users online

Masks - Oatmeal Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by KandyKisses

Just started using this and OMG... sorta fell in love! I am on a super tight budget and often have oatmeal on hand to make breakfast foods. I had a lot of extra oats hanging around and saw this mask... it's amazing! I've only used it twice but it makes my skin feel really smooth. I don't know what it's actually doing to my skin, but it feels nice. I take a handful of the oats in one hand after wetting my face and I run it under hot water until it gets sort of "milky" and "oatmeal-y". Then, I "sponge" the blob all over my face. It's hard to get the oats to stick, but the residue from the wet oatmeal sticks pretty well. I throw the wet blob out and wash my hands, then wait and do some stuff for about twenty minutes to a half an hour. The mask isn't annoying and smells like oatmeal, which is kind of nice! When it is fully dry, I wash it off with hot water and pat my face dry. Smooth smooth smooth! I will continue using this!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 5:19:00 AM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Let me start by saying, I´m in no way a diy type when it comes to beauty products. And on top of that, I was always weary of natural and organic cosmetic products for my face because they messed up my face whenever I tried some moisturizer, cleanser or mask of any organic brand.
But I alway loved oatmeal and ate it a lot. When I read on MUA, that you could use it as cleanser and mask, I was intrigued.
My skin is combo, acne-prone, sensitive, dehydrated and getting very dry in wintertime. It keratinizes too much and is therefore naturally congested and prone to breakouts and blackheads. So, basically a lot of fun for me to try new products, because there´s always the possibility to mess my skin up.
Of course, I watched bubzbeauty´s video on cleansing the skin with oatmeal and tried it.
Yes, it worked good for me and my skin glowed afterwards, but this is not for everyday use as far as my skin is concerned.
It is too messy and taking too much time in the morning. I the evening, I need something to remove the sunscreen and make-up.
But most important, my skin cannot be peeled that much, no matter how gentle the peeling effect is. This said, I think people with less sensitive skin should try this as a cleanser, because I felt, it worked good.
However, the really great thing for me is the use as a peeling or a mask. I roamed makeupalley in search of the most gentle peeling around. I avoid harsh peelings, even gentle manual peelings and only use enzymatic peelings, because my skin dries out and gets more sensitive from harsh peelings.
I use Kanebo´s silk peel powder at the moment, which costs 68 Euros/88 Dollars. Yes, this stuff is expensive and still, I felt it could be more gentle to my skin.
Enter oatmeal. I tried it as a peeling and it works amazing for my oh-so-sensitive skin. No harsh peeling and dry feeling afterwards. Just soft and glowing skin. And as a mask, I use only the oatmeal. No yoghurt, no honey, no aspirin. Tried it once with honey, but it felt a little irritating, so I skipped the honey.
The method is from bubzbeauty´s video: Just take the oatmeal in your closed hand and let water run over it until it is soaked with water and becomes a paste. Then peel your skin with it or put it on your face like a mask for 15 min. I rinse with cold water because my skin cannot take warm or hot water.
Unless you´re allergic to oatmeal, I suggest trying oatmeal for your face.
It´s cheap, effective, gentle and beats my expensive Kanebo silk peel powder.

11 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by iamawesome

I can't believe how less reviews oatmeal has!!!! It's so much better than all the other products that has thousands of reviews! It is a miracle worker! I usually have oily skin and heaps of acne, just generally really bad, but since I started using oatmeal my skin has been a lot less oily and less pimples form. I use it as a mask and a cleanser in the morning to absorb my oil. It's generally a excellent product that is natural, cheap and effective!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by ninaflorezbowling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

oatmeal masks draw out all of the imperfections in the skin and leave it supple and moist afterwards. i leave it on for about 20 minutes and rinse off with luke warm water. i love the way my face feels after and can't get enough of it. after a few weeks of using you can see a difference in texture and softness.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by nillionaire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

The most perfect cleanser I have found! It thoroughly cleanses without stripping, and has a mild vacuum effect on pores. An un-messy way to use it: put the oats in a "nut milk bag" (available from Whole Foods or online), set the bag into a bowl, add amount of very warm water to bowl (equal to the amount of oats, i.e. 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup water), then squeeze submerged oat filled bag into the water, discard contents of bag (spent oats). You should end up with an oat milk. It has an almost silky texture and is a pleasure to use!

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

How could I forget to write a review about one of my favourite natural HG item - oatmeal!!
My skin is sensitive type, easily get rashes and whiteheads if it does not like something I apply on it. Well, oats is definitely in the 'love' category.

I powder the oats and mix it with milk powder and some rose-water (or milk). Sometimes I may add jojoba oil or another oil carrier too, with a pinch of turmeric. Sometimes I add lavender water or sandalwood powder or egg-white. The variations are limitless.
I use this mixture as a scrub or a masque. It is definitely messy and as it dries, it gets even messier to remove. It can stick to the hairline or eyelashes, etc....BUT it soothes like no other skin product. I may get some reddening of the facial skin, but only if I scrub or massage zealously. If I use the 'pat' technique to apply and rinse the scrub in a gentle manner, it really works.

I also love the milky/earthy smell of oatmeal. Gives a baby-scent. Oatmeal is one of the de-facto items I use on my skin, if I have a sunburn.
After an oatmeal treatment, my skin is left soft, soothed and happy. Move over Aveeno, real oatmeal is the thing!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by xmegannn

OMG. Oatmeal is great. I have the WORST skin type. My skin is oily, extremely acne-prone, with incredibly large pores. I wanted to stop using my acne medication because I didn't want to put harsh chemicals on my face. Oatmeal is the perfect alternative! I take a handful of rolled oats, run it under water while keeping it clenched in the hand, and wet it a little more with a few drops of water. After it is mushy, I rub it all over my face, trying to get as much oatmeal on my face as possible. Then I wash off with warm water. After I rinse, my skin feels SO soft. And I have to say, it has been controlling the shine well. (I haven't been using it in the summer but it works well during the winter time).

When I don't use my acne cream, my skin usually breaks out like crazy with large cystic acne and smaller bumps. I've tried proactive and murad. They don't work at all. I see new pimples form every day. BUT, when I started washing my face with oatmeal twice a day, it has been controlling it better than those two acne products. Some new pimples do form, but they do not last as long and are not as inflamed. My skin seems brighter and feels better. I do use another face wash (Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub) at night to clean my skin better, and usually follow with oatmeal.

If you're hesitant to try it, I urge you to! It's affordable and it works for me :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 4:23:00 AM More reviews by risathompson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When all else fail, use oatmeal mask! That is my motto. I love to dabble with skincare products here and there (american, asian etc u name it). But when i'm sick or my skin is acting, looking dull , or just being extra sensitive, it's OATMEAL that came to the rescue. Oatmeal is moisturizing, it has saponins that cleanses your skin, and oat beta-glucan to hold water and act as a protective barrier to your skin. If you have wash your face with oatmeal, you'll notice that thin, smooth barrier feel afterward on your skin and should thanks oat beta-glucan for it :) You can't go wrong with it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This feels great massaged into the face. The milk from the oats is so soothing and the oats provide a nice scub. I haven't used this long enough to see an effect on my break outs, but my skin feels super soft directly after.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by sugarluv91

Really do enjoy using this as a face wash.. but it doesn't keep pimples/breakouts away..
I blend it in a coffee grinder with some brown sugar and veranda tea leaves.. thn I will put half a tsp in a bowl and put a lil bit of water in it to soften it. Then using the silicone brush (which comes with Loreal cleansers) rub it all over my face and neck. Leave it on for about a few minutes. Rinse off and tone moisterize and I'm done.
I do like it.. makes my skin look more even toned but I wish it helped with acne. I'm still using it tho, in conjuction with some other products.