September 18, 2014 | 867 users online

Fragrances - Aquolina - Chocolovers EDT

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2008 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Emese1

A very comforting gourmand scent = I love it! It really smells very foody. I would never wear it to the office, for fear they'd not take me seriously. I wear it when I want to totally "switch off", or when I'm emotionally down and really really need a comforting scent. It's fairly long lasting, orange-chocolate-vanilla.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 9:21:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't care for this one. I wanted to though! It is not a floral or a fruity one...and I like that aspect of it, but it smelled too sickenly sweet while on. The chocolate side of it smells slightly burned to me and the rest is too much like candy...I just cannot bring myself to like it at all. I do usually like foody scents...but this one reminded me of a carnival though. I need to learn to stay away from the sweeter ones, but I keep trying anyway. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2008 9:13:00 PM More reviews by mrsvixen89

I bought this at sephora.com and it came as 2 for 1 with the Pink Sugar perfume. I love the Pink Sugar and its almost gone but i have a full bottle of this chocolate crap! It smells good for about and 1 hour after you spray then it starts to stink! I used it one day then went to work, and later i started noticing something had a kind of fishy smell and i smelled my chest and it was this waste of $40! I would never wear nor buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2008 6:59:00 PM More reviews by SugarxSparkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

OMG I totally ADORE this!!!
Since the first second I smelled it I totally adored it and I had to buy it right away and I haven't stopped using it or loving it since (and I don't plan to stop... please no, I adore it!!) and it's been like 2 years. It smells sooooo good!!! It smells like a mix of a lot of vanilla and sweet, milk chocolate, maybe a little nougat chocolate too with a very tiny hint of orange in the nougat (it's like a chocolate nougat candy orange, not a citrus orange at all, and it's almost completely absolutely unnoticable). I think it smells more like vanilla than like chocolate actually, or so I've been told, I actually think it smells like a really warm and sweet nougat hazelnutty chocolatey vanilla.
So, girls who are into fruity and floral fragrances, you may not enjoy this one very much. If you don't like very sweet or foody scents, stay away from this because you'll hate it. This is definitely an absolutely 100% oriental fragrance, absolutely 0% fruity and 0% floral which I LOVE!!! vanilla, candy, marshmallow, bubblegum, cotton candy, cupcake and chocolate are actually the notes I like the most and the scents I prefer. The only fruits I like in fragrances are sweet cherry and strawberry.

My only complaints are that:
1) I wish 3.4 oz (100 ml) bottles of Chocolovers were available too and that the 1.7 oz (50 ml) bottle wasn't the biggest one available.
2) I wish it had more lasting power, A LOT more. I think at first when you spray it it's really noticeable, but in not very long at all the scent fades and disappears and it can't be smelled anyomore, even if you have sprayed a lot of perfume. MORE LASTING POWER for this amazing scent please!!

The bottle is cute too, but I'd like it even more if the hearts and cap were pink instead of red and if they were glittery like they are on the box. I'd also like the box a lot more if the hearts were pink instead of red, even though the glittery hearts are sooooooooo damn cute, but they'd be even cuter if they were pink glitter instead of red glitter!!! The box would also be great with pink hearts and a white background color instead of the cream color it is.
I just ADORE Aquolina scents. They are my favorites, ever ever ever, and of course Chocolovers is absolutely one of my favorite fragrances ever and one of the best out there for sure, and I own a lot of different fragrances, but this one is just one of the best!!! I just wish they launched a BUBBLEGUM fragrance, because I adore bubblegum scents and sadly there's no one in the market, so it'd be a dream come true if they launched a bubblegum fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2008 3:29:00 PM More reviews by MadamPomfrey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hi, a newbie here! I have been looking for a fragrance my perfume-hating husband could live with.

I am a fan of Hanae Mori Butterfly, CSP Amour de Cacao and Vanille Coco so I thought Chocolovers would be a natural progression.

I agree that the chocolate note is very fleeting. On dry down you are left with spicy, warm and sweet scent that others like but I am still on the fence about it. I think what takes away one lippie for me is the patchouli.

The staying power is so so. I wash my hands a lot and put on B&BW Warm Vanilla Sugar hand cream afterwards and it completely overpowers Chocolovers.

The bottle is just vapid. I'd like to see a more sophisticated design but what do you expect from the makers of Pink Sugar (which I love, btw).

Overall, I'd like to see more chocolate other than the first minute of it to justify the name. Oh and the name is rather dorky.

I have now been wearing this for a few days and am upgrading my rating to 5 lippies and would buy this again. It has really grown on me. Somehow I am loving this scent more and more and am at peace with the patchouli note that is less noticable the longer you wear it. I got lots of compliments too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2008 9:20:00 AM More reviews by kkrebs

Thanks to MUA I bought this 'nose unsmelled' as I haven't seen it in any stores here in Australia. I do like it. The description I found of it is "Chocolovers is classified as a sensual, mysterious, delicious, feminine, flowery fragrance. Fragrance notes: patchouli, bergamot, orange, lemon, lily of the valley, coriander, hazelnut, vanilla, malt, musks. Chocolovers is recommended for evening wear." There are certainly a lot of different notes in there. I usually wear it during the day and it smells yum. It does smell quite foody at first but it dries down to a lovely scent. I like this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 10:24:00 AM More reviews by renemy

I don't know if I'd buy this again, but I'm happy to have the bottle I have so I picked "yes". Neither the list of notes nor my nose picks up any chocolate. I definitely smell hazelnut and citrus. Sweet, but not as grossly sweet as Pink Sugar.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2008 5:22:00 PM More reviews by dazzlespaz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I hate chocolovers with a passion. The patchouli gives me the worst headache that I have ever had, and that's just sniffing the bottle. It is so strong, and horrible. I really like pink sugar, but this one makes me barf. I thought that chocolovers would smell like pure chocalate, or at least cocoa, like pink sugar smells like cotton candy, and sugar cookies, but I was dead wrong. I can't stand this great mess-up that the creater of this fragrance has done. She needs to be instituted for coming up with this scent. It's just gross!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2008 8:45:00 PM More reviews by buechmn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love love love this scent!!! It's the perfect chocolate scent with a nice zest of orange added. It's dry down is heavenly and comforting- and makes me want to curl up and snuggle with my SO. It has a touch of pralines and musk which rounds it out, and it last forever on my skin- which is nice considering all the high end fragrances i have been testing have lasted a whole 10 minutes.
Definitely one of my favorite chocolate perfumes ever!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Bianca910318

when i first tried chocolovers i was revolted. it smelled so much like actual chocolate. eventually i tried it again and really liked the drydown. it's so deliciously sweet and smells like heaven, however i think this is one of those fragrances that you can get sick of really fast, and i would kind of be embarrassed of wearing it out in public.