August 27, 2014 | 1631 users online

Mascara - Kevyn Aucoin - Curling Mascara

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2002 3:00:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Stay far far far away from this! I loved it at first but OMG it actually made my lashes fall out!! It was so scary! I thought the black flakes I saw on my face were mascara clumps, but no - they were my eyelashes!! Eeeek!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2002 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Erin

This is interesting. I will say it makes my lashes very lush, long and curled. I also love the tube and brush. It is fun to wash off since it somes off one's lashes in "tubes"...like rubber spider legs (weird comparision, but I am just fascinated with this stuff!) One of the best mascaras I have ever used. I own it in black.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2002 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Flospy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have both curling and volumne in black, and in red. They are the most fabulous mascaras I have ever used. The trick is to wipe off the wand before using - which I normally do with any mascara; they all have too much product when you first pull them out of the tube.

To avoid being wasteful of this expensive mascara, I take a clean papertowel and pull the wand through it (imagine how you pull the wrapper off of a straw), which leaves a blob of mascara. When I am ready to put the mascara away, I scoop up the blob with the wand and put it back in the bottle. I find facial tissues to be too "dusty" to use for this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2002 10:28:00 PM More reviews by rjs521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best mascara I have ever used. No question. It curls (really), lengthens, seperates and overall makes my lashes look the most lush they ever have. It also lasts forever on me which nothing else can come close to. I was a fan of Kiss Me for awhile but this out performs even those. The formula seems thinner and less globby than most and that brush - well it's just magic. I still can't believe that this looks just as good when I go to take my makeup off as it did when I put it on. Thank you Kevyn!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2002 10:17:00 PM More reviews by MusesX9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to agree with my fellow MUA'er, AMMC. At first, I loved it. I even raved. However, after a week I started to notice a few things. First of all, I bought it in red. Even though it does curl, just like it was said earlier, the brush does bring up a lot of product. This can mean clumpiness if one is not careful or knows how to manage the wand. The color is nice, btw. It can clump your lashes together, so, I am debating about returning it. For the same price as the Shu Uemura, I think I would've spent the same for that. However, knowing that L'Oreal has a similar one to this on the market now...well, guess what I'm doing next? Sorry, Kev!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2002 1:04:00 AM More reviews by AMMC

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This review is for the "Curling" mascara in black. At first I really liked it, but then after using it for a week or so I started to notice certin things which made my slowly change my mind. I do have to say that it does curl my lashes, but it comes out of the tube with alot of product on the brush. It also makes my lashes stick toghther, which makes them look clumpy & I have a hard time combing them out. This mascara also tends to flake. I most likey will not purchase it again, but maybe it will be differnt for someone else...just thought I'd share my experience.