New York Color 309B Sheer Red

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Castor Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ozokerite, Candelilla Wax, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ceresin, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Beeswax, Lanolin Oil, PEG-4 Diheptanoate, Petrolatum, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Carnauba Wax, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Fragrance, Propylparaben, Tin Oxide, Silica. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 27 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine

on 4/27/2011 8:59:00 PM

This is my new HG red lipstick! Amazing especially for the $1 I spent on it, this is the first shade that has not had an orange tinge to it on me (usually red lipstick makes me look as though I just had spaghetti sauce or something, not pretty) I love the consistency, not dry and not sticky. Does not have a gross smell to it surprisingly either....will repurchase, again again and again!

on 4/11/2011 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this is the best red lipstick ever, IMO. I have been searching for the perfect red, and I've found several colors I really love, but the texture has always been the problem. Revlon's matte reds are really great colors, but are too heavy for me- I feel like they make my lips overpower everything else on my face, no matter how I try to sheer it out. I also really love Nars Gipsy, but it's TOO sheer. This is just the right balance for me though- not so sheer that it has to be layered on, but not so opaque that it overwhelms everything else. It's a great true red color, not too pink (which I personally hate) and the price doesn't get any better- I got mine for 99 cents at CVS. I was afraid that the cap wouldn't stay on, since cheaper cosmetics usually show their price in their packaging, but I haven't had any problem with it, and I carry it with me all the time, either in my purse or even in my pocket. I cannot recommend this product enough, whether you're a pro at red lipstick or a beginner, I think this will work for you.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is my new everyday lipstick.

It has the kick of a red lipstick, but it tones it down enough to wear its appropriate for almost any circumstance. Its moisturizing, great color, smell is good, staying power is above average, and its easy to work with.

It actually is somewhat sheer, so its a wash of a strong color. The effect is a more laid-back 1940s color. Its beautiful, its perfect. I love it.

This lil puppy rates on my top, lush, red lippies of all time! I love it for daytime as I can't go wrong with a red lip for my skin tone. This red is gorgeous and the quality is excellent! It applies like one lovely MUAer said below, semi-sheer and builds up to a decadent, blue based, cherry, cheery, brick red that differs from any other red lipstick I own. At 99 cents, it's a steal so I can't help by recommend this gem of a lipstick to anyone and everyone I meet that is wary about trying a red lip. It tends to work on everyone I've recommended it to, either applied sheerly with finger tips as a bit of a stain, or applied in multiple coats for a more dramatic, vampy, sultry look. The smell is nice too! It wears incredibly well for a cheapo lipstick too. When paired with my Rimmel 1000 Kisses lip liners, it lasts throughout the day with minimal touch ups. Took me a while to pick this one up but I finally did and I must say, it was worth the wait. Blue Rose is my 2nd favorite in the NYC lipstick line..Sheer Red will always be my 1st. GO NYC!!!

xoxoxo
- Mad Madam Jess

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

The only thing I can complain about is the packaging. When I place the cap back on I have to be careful so I don't cut a chunk off since it doesn't twist down all the way. I would be happy to pay a couple of dollars more for better packaging but the current tube won't stop me from buying this again. It lasts a few hours before re-applying and feels smooth and moisturizing. My lips look and feel soft when I'm wearing this. The color is bright and cheerful but doesn't make me look like a clown or like I'm trying to get attention. The scent and flavor don't bother me. I find it goes well with Revlon Colorstay lipliner in Red whether I apply a heavy or light coat. I just line the top lip and this is a perfect match.

on 1/31/2011 10:13:00 PM

Best 99 cents I've ever spent. Beautiful cherry red color, but I think "Semi-Sheer Red" is a more accurate name; for reference, this is definitely a more intense and brighter red than Lipstick Queen Medieval. Smells exactly like Twizzlers and even though I usually hate scented makeup, I kinda love it. Great d/s find.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For referance i am an Mac NC30/revlon color stay medium beige...I was on the hunt for the perfect redlipstick..after watching beautybroadcast on youtube i seen her rave about this..and im so glad i went to walmart and found the last one..its the perfect shade for me..definetly isnt sheer.i put my nyx liner in redhot under it and put sheer red over..last for quite some time and no bleeding..for 1.99 i will be repurchasing again when or if i run out.

on 1/17/2011 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got this based on mua reviewers and im glad i did. Im asian nc30 w yellow undertones. I wouldnt call it sheer but it takes a few swipes to make it a deeper red. On my lips, this looks prety close to MAC Dubonnet.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I LOVE red/plum lipsticks! I started out using the ColorSensational Lipsticks from Maybelline and I loved everything about them- except the texture. The smell made me a little nostalgic and the pigmentations were absolutely intense; they just ended up drying up my lips even with lip primer or lip balm under them. I loved on to the Colorburst Lipsticks from Revlon and found my HG plum lipstick in...well, plum. All I needed was a red lipstick and I'm set!

I was watching a couple of EmilyNoel's vlogs that included the NYC's Sheer Red Lipstick and I had to go try it on my own! The first try, I hated how sheer it was. But after a few more used, I loved the sheerness but I could always apply multiple times to build it up. I'm not a huge fan of the dull and clay-like smell it emits but I am an adament fan of its moisturizing capabilities. It is long lasting it's a reasonable price for such a high quality product.

I'm still in 11th grade but this lipstick doesn't appear to be overpowering or too flashy. I've gotten many compliments and I truly thank this product for them.

I will be repurchasing in the near future! I will also look into the other hues NYC supplies!

on 1/15/2011 1:29:00 PM

I had heard many good things about this lipstick and specific color, so I thought it would be nice to try for a first bright red for me. The moment I tried it though, I realized why it is so cheap. The quality of the formula is worth exactly how much you pay. No matter how moisturized or soft my lips were, the product broke up oddly on my lips and left weird streaks that just made my lips look awful. The color is okay and the smell is... odd. I haven't tried another one from this line since so I'm not sure if my lipstick was simply defective, but I would not recommend this to my friends. Also, the packaging is annoying because you cannot roll the lipstick down before capping it, and almost always end up nicking the lipstick.

Popular Lipsticks