August 29, 2014 | 1913 users online

Eye Shadow - Shiseido - Hydro-Powder Eye Shadow

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2008 6:07:00 PM More reviews by FireKittenEMT

LOVE it! I bought Violet Visions and simply adore the vibrant color! It manages to stay on all day, and if I use a thin brush it works perfectly as an eyeliner. Forget the sponge tip that comes with it, an eyeshadow brush applies this perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Baybeedoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW, this eye shadow in Tiger Eye looks great on every skin tone. I'm on my third pot of Tiger Eye and have gotten the shadow in two other colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by KatDan

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like to review the MUA"s top picks and couldn't believe all the wonderful reviews for this product. I decided to resist the temptation but then I actually tried them at Sephora. These eyeshadow's are AMAZING. I haven't written a review in a long time but had to for this!!

These are creme to powder eyeshadows with a good but limited range of colors. I apply with my fingers, very easy! I find that it has very, very decent staying powder and I do not use primer.

I had a hard time choosing between white lights and glistening sand. I decided glistening sand would be more versatile; white lights had more shimmer. Glistening sand is a perfect nude with shimmer. I am sure I will buy more shades in the future.

The one and only downside to these is the price! I am definitely willing to pay more $$ for an amazing product :) This is the only eyeshadow I use everyday in fact when I go on weekend trips I can only bring this.

Take-home point: Try this sooner than later!

UPDATE: I sadly lost this eyeshadow after having it for a short time. Of course I bought another one so I spent an insane 50$ together for an eye shadow. it is that good

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2008 11:36:00 AM More reviews by star54

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am absolutely in LOVE with these shadows!
I only own two - Glistening Sand and Tiger Eye, but I'm stocking up on some more first chance I get.

I wear Glistening Sand all the time. It looks amazing on its own and layered with a powder e/s. I often use it as a base colour.. the other day I wore it underneath MAC's Solar White and it looked stunning! It brought out the colour of the MAC e/s even more.. exactly what a base should do - intensify the colour.

Tiger Eye is a little more on the orange side, so I don't reach for it too often, but it's good for a crease colour, and thought I haven't tried it as a base yet, I'm sure it's just as great as GS.

Before I discovered the awesomeness that is Urban Decay Primer Potion, these shadows did crease on my lids, but now with the primer they last all day long, so they are that much better.

I find it hard not to reach for these on daily basis, I love them that much. I can't wait to try out the other colours in the collection. Every other e/s I own will be sorely neglected.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2008 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Goldenstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this eye shadow, & it does last on my lids all day long. I own Glistening Sand (light champagne color), which is a great neutral shade that can be used on the lid, under the brow, in the corner of the eye, etc. These shadows are sheer, & have a fine shimmer to them, but it's very pretty & not over the top. My only complaint is the color selection. I would like a few more neutral shades like taupe or brown. Tiger's Eye has way too much red/orange in it, & it looks horrible on me (medium skin tone, green eyes). I'll definitely purchase more if they expand the color selection- these are beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2008 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Rondafaye

I bought two shades of this shadow on impulse and, boy, am I glad. The colors I selected were Clover Dew and Languid Lagoon. The shades are great and they apply easily and stay put. I just ordered more shades because I like the colors,intensity and wear so much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 2:13:00 AM More reviews by jin1022000

LOL! So surprised to see that this product is #1 of MUA Top Picks. This was actually my first eyeshadow. I bought it just because I found $50 on the street that day XDDDDD. So I stopped by Shiseido and got the white one. I didn't like the eyeshadow at first, because I had no clue how to use eyeshadows... I still have it after 3 years. And I started using it more nowadays. I'll go out and buy more colors! ^^

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2008 5:11:00 PM More reviews by stasy45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is one of the greatest!!!
I have the pink, blue, green and spring plum color.
They are just the best!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 3:06:00 AM More reviews by abcstine

I love this product, especially in white -- I own the aqua-bluish color, the purple color and the white color. They are so pretty and feel good on! I love the white as a highlighter under my brow bone, and they last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2008 5:52:00 AM More reviews by Tricho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not usually a fan of cream eyecolours I have to say, I find them messy to apply and they crease. My worst experience was with some of revlons so i've stayed away since then!!
I got this hydropower in a swap in the colour Gold. First thing that I notice about this is the amount of eyeshadow you get in the cute little jar! It will take forever to use!! This is just like the hydropower foundation in that it feels very wet but goes on very pigmented and dries to a smooth finish. The foundation used to be a HG before it was disc in the UK! :-(

This eyeshadow is VERY glittery, the glitters fall around my eyes as well which I don't mind on days out when I want that sparkling look in the sun - although for the everday look it might not be so good.
The staying power of these shadows is excellent even without primer and they last all day. I like the fact that they don't dry my eyelids out which powder can often do....they are easy to spread around and I have to say I would like more colours of these!

I would recommend these to anyone who wants a high performance cream eyeshadow!