Aveeno Intense Relief Medicated Therapy Lip Protectant

4.6

on 1/17/2007 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have dry chapped lips pretty much all year round....i am always trying different brands and types of treatments for my cracked lips..this is excellent.... when my lips are real bad i put this on and it fixes them in less then 30 minutes... the only reason i gave it a 4 is because the flavoring .. but it definitely works great..

on 1/3/2007 5:37:00 PM

Love this lip balm. Someone gave me a tube of this last winter because I couldn't find anything that worked on my lips. Every year I go through hell in the winter with dry, cracked, chapped lips and now I finally have something that works for me!

on 11/23/2006 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

ridiculous!!! how is this supposed to heal chapped lips w/ MENTHOL as one of the ingredients?? i dont know how this thing got such high ratings, the menthol made my lips more chapped and dry. it didnt help to moisturize at all, and the menthol stings like hell. never buyingagain, i like the essential aveeno balm and the cran-orange kiss my face.

on 11/22/2006 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Okay, like other people who reviewed, my lips were extremely dry (combination of using Accutane for a few months, and getting braces...uck). All the chapsticks I used would last 2 to 30 minutes, and would leave my lips feeling either extremely dry or like I just covered them in two layers of lard (and then they would dry out again lol). My lips were constantly peeling and bleeding. Aveeno Intense Relief is the only lip chap that has worked for me.

A little expensive, but I'll use today as an example of why it is well worth it. It was snowing and -9C outside today, and really dry. I put on Aveeno before I left the house, an hour and a half later in that weather, and my lips still weren't dried out. Amazed and astounded :P

I recommend it highly if your lips are ridiculously dry (like mine were). I've been using same stick since July because I don't need to put a lot of it on.

Bought it for about $7-8.00 CDN, should be available at local drugstore. Well worth it.

Edit: I just wanted to add, I had a scar on my lip for the past 6+ years and couldn't get rid of it, but after my lips kept peeling and being just awful, I noticed the scar was gone lol. Nothing to do with the Aveeno lip chap, but if you have some kind of scar on your lip maybe let your lips peel for a while longer :P

on 10/30/2006 11:48:00 PM

A bit expensive for a lip balm, but thats okay. I have to say that this is a really nice lip balm.
I get really really dry lips and hands in the winter, so i thought I'd try this one out, since its targeted for very dry lips. Now, I haven't given it the real test yet, as my lips aren't severely dry yet, but so far I'm really liking this.
-The scent is very pleasent, kinda vanillay but not too sugary sweet.
-It glides on the lips smoothly and leaves no chalky marks behind.
-This balm does however, leave quite a shine (for a lip balm) on my lips. So those that hate having a shiney lip balm should proabably avoid this.
-It really does moisturize and moisten my lips (leaving them kinda slick, but thats okay), lasts a bit too.

I might edit this later to see how this product fares in the really dry months ahead, but until then I definately reccomend this.

(the only thing I don't like about it is that the wheel to get the balm up out of the tube is located near the top of the balm, and I personally like having it on the bottom)

on 10/28/2006 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

it has the menthol, tingly feeling of carmax, with the subtle taste of soft lips' french vanilla. great!

on 10/16/2006 11:33:00 PM

I like this a lot for a night treatment. It works as well as Carmex, but doesn't give me zits along my lip line. To avoid getting it under my nails, I use the top side of my nail to kind of push and gob of it out of the container.

on 10/16/2006 4:27:00 PM

I had to try this after reading all the reviews. I have very chapped lips and most balms dont do much for me. Being a student, this is quite expensive for a regular balm. But I've to say that this makes my lips soft and keeps them moisturized. It doesnt give a shine or anything. But I am glad to find something that works. I hate medicated stuff, but this just leaves a tingle which is good. i would defenitely buy if i have the bucks to spare!!

on 10/14/2006 10:55:00 AM

I LOVE this. In the winter this is the only thing that stops my lips from getting all cracked out and bloody. It's not waxy AT ALL, and just feels really moisturizing and my lips always feel better after putting it on.

It smells a bit medicated right when you put it on, but it goes away and leaves a vanilla scent. Soft lips are SO WORTH the 10 seconds of bad smell!!

I just ran out and I'm going to go buy some more today. A bit more expensive than other products, but this is my HG.

I have replaced my HG lip chap Carmex with this product. I love the natural ingredients it contains and they really seem to add to its moisturizing benefits. It's application is smooth, it doesn't dry up and leave any residue behind and it doesn't leave my lips feeling waxy either. It's more expensive than most lips chaps in that it costs 3.00 for one tube but I found a pack of 3 tubes for that much at my local Big Lots.

Popular Lip Treatments