October 2, 2014 | 705 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Sculpt

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by micropipette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Even though I'm in my early 20s I'm used to buying foundations marketed towards older women. I need a foundation that is moisturizing on top of my regular moisturizer to prevent flaking around my nose, forehead and cheeks. Because of this I can't attest to the lifting properties of this particular foundation, but I can say that it has lasted all day (no absorption) without flaking. Additionally, it makes my skin feel incredibly soft and smooth. Its coverage is medium to full and decent at covering blemishes. Some people might be deterred by its high price (currently $53US) but as other have said...you need very little to fully cover your face. I would suggest applying this with a foundation brush and not fingers because if not spread properly it gets thick.

My only gripe with this foundation (and all Dior foundation lines) is the lack of colors. I bought this in 020 (Light Beige) which is a little dark for my in between NW15-20 skin. For additional reference, MUFE mat+ 020 Ivory is a very good color match for me. Unfortunately if you are extremely pale there probably isn't a shade that will work for you. I'm content with my slightly too dark color because summer is approaching and I will probably be moving to Texas in the near future for law school and sun coloring will be unavoidable :( but if you're lucky enough to match one of the shades Dior makes I would highly recommend this foundation for people with dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2009 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Melloney

Excellent. I just replaced my previous foundation which is also Dior ( Icon ) with this as the Sculpt creams are excellent effective products themselves so I thought I would get this. Medium coverage , firming and smoothing - what more could a gal want ?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 4:53:00 AM More reviews by sweetlily79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This foundation is a medium coverage foundation which is easily adjustable as the texture is quite thick and almost gel like. it really does fill in the lines very well. It comes with a pump and just a little bit is enough for the face.

It is quite moisturising so I would not recommend it for oily skin types. It also has spf20 PA+++ which is a bonus.

I use colour 020, which actually is a little light for my skin and 030 is too dark for my skin so I mix the two together to get a nice colour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2009 1:19:00 PM More reviews by darkharbour

This is holy, holy, holiest grail. I have the shade "linen" and it is the prefect match for NW20. This has a pump bottle, and please use less than you think you need. This product is quite dense and it is easy to overdo. Should that happen, blot some color away, or the coverage might become quite cakey. The makeup itself is liquid bordering on cream, and it blends and spreads beautifully. My only reservation is that it is hard to clean up, and not easy to wash off your hands. Then, you need to get all the smudgy handprints off your soap dispenser. Cleanse carefully at night. It sets to a velvety, natural, but somewhat moist finish. No shimmer, but a bit dewy. If you are even remotely prone to breakouts and oiliness, RUN. This is not for you.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2008 12:25:00 AM More reviews by rallu

I think i may have found the perfect foundation for my combination skin. The color 021 linen is perfect for me and does not change the color after one hour like other foundations do. It has medium to almost full coverage, I don't need a concealer anymore and it gives me a dewy healthy look.This is the best foundation I have used in a veeery long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2008 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Peterson514

Great coverage with asmall amount of product. Does have a strong smell out of the bottle but it goes away soon after applying. Originally bought #20 which was too light for my skin but bought the next one up. Makes my skin feel tighter and smoother.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2008 1:24:00 PM More reviews by macoe

First, I must say, that this product when I received it looked so bad on my hand that I never did try it on my face. The color was completely pink (I had ordered 022), it smelled very strongly like something my grandmother would wear (powdery scent, probably because of all the talc in it, which I don't think is great for skin anyway), and to top it off, it settled into every fine line in my hand, completely emphasizing them. Add to that the fact that it's very pricey ($55), and I can't believe it got so many positive reviews! Oh well, just didn't work for me...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 8:25:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I think Dior has some really great foundations, this is one of my favorites. I hope they don't discontinue it! It has a good medium to full coverage with a satin finish. It looks natural though! Love it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2008 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First of all: #010 Ivory is too dark for my cool- to neutral toned NW10 complexion. Some of the Dior foundations in the Ivory range (#010 or #100) are a pretty good match, this one isn't. Second: the fragrance is really bothering me, just like in many other Dior foundations. Third: it is quite a nice, non-drying foundation for my dry skin but I prefer Lancome Absolue Makeup (texture-wise) and LM Silk Creme Foundation #Soft Ivory (shade-wise). Coverage is medium to full and it leaves a semi-matte finish. Not a bad foundation, just not for me. Love the pump bottle though;-) I put it up for swap.
*Pic in My Profile* *PPP Foundations List on My Notepad*

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Nata78

Best coverage i have ever seen without making your skin looking cakey.However, not really good for oily/acne/allergy prone skin as clogs pores. I wish Dior would introduce light-oil free version of that foundation. I would buy straight away.
I will keep on buying it but i guess will wear it only for special occasions.