September 21, 2014 | 1181 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick in Twig

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by farihsa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this lipstick. I wear it almost every day; it's my go-to lipstick. Everyone says it's supposed to be brown or nude, but on my lips, it shows up as the most beautiful pink ever. It's a dusty rose color on me, definitely a MLBB shade.

I love the formula of satin lipsticks. It's my favorite finish by MAC. It can be drying, but all I have to do is put a lip balm on before I do my lips and there's no problem.

Its lasting power is probably the best out of all the MAC lipsticks I've tried. It easily lasts 4-5 hours on me without eating, but I apply another coat of lipstick after lunch out of habit, so I don't know how long it would last without reapplying. I'll have to look into that, but honestly, I don't care as I love this lipstick regardless of its exact staying power.

If you want to make the pink of this lipstick pop, I really, really recommend trying it out with the Tour de Fabulous lipglass. The lipglass is LE so try it fast! The two colors look stunning together, and you wouldn't think so by just looking at the colors separately. I also recommend Pink Lemonade lipglass.

I am definitely, definitely buying this color again as soon as I run out. I hope MAC never stops making this lipstick. It's my favorite one ever, and I recommend it to anyone looking for a soft, understated pink that can be played up. It's just...I really can't describe how much I love this lipstick any better. Just do yourself a favor and try it, please!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 5:53:00 AM More reviews by MyWonderland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely favorite lipstick, just get it, great for everyday use.
Colour - MLBB but a bit darker so it's great for winter.
Formulation - I love Satins. They can be drying, but god do they stay on. And you don't get a flaky finish, it shines but without ANY glitter. Just lovely, barely needs touch-ups.
Packaging - MAC lipstick packaging is my favorite by far. Unpopular opinion, but I just love the simplicity. I legit like it more than Rouge Volupte packaging, Dior Addict packaging. I dont even own those lipsticks because if I feel like buying one, IMO MAC is the best I can get and the packaging is heavenly for me.

Go. Buy. This. Lipstick. (As long as you like the colour, but it's fairly neutral and very wearable). I'll always repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 3:15:00 AM More reviews by bjdp55

My absolute favourite lipstick i own from mac. This is my everyday lipstick.
First of all, i am inlove with the mac lipstick formulations, satins in particular, and formulations are so important to me; they make or break the lipstick for me without a doubt.
Secondly, this color is super flattering on me. It's the lipstick color I have been looking for forever, and there are no replacements :) lovvvvve it

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by RosieJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

On my lips MAC Twig shows up as a pinky/mauve/brown color shade. The formula is very dry and tends to make my lips looked chapped when applied..(Maybe I got a bad tube, who knows) The only way I can make this lipstick work for me is if I use MAC Viva Glam V lipgloss on top. With gloss it looks nice MLBB..

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict1982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I initially went to mac to try & perhaps buy Brave...however while @ the L/S section I pulled twig as well as brave...after tryn brave it did not work for my skintone moved on to TWIG & viola love @ 1st dab I dab it on becuz it looked dark in the tube but once it instantly brightened my face its the perfect rosy nude...I love this color it last a good while 4hrs W/O eatn & drinkn through a straw...my 2ndx wearn I applied it straight from the tube & that's when I encountered the curse of the satin "dryness" it feels dry on the lips which I took 1 lippie of 4 that but I will deal with that since it only happens when I swipe on instead of dab in all it was a good buy & if this tube is done I will def. Repurchase:)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by annie917

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm obviously in the minority but I hate this lipstick with a passion! I've got pale, freckly skin with blue eyes and blonde hair, and it comes out as a disgusting orangey brown on me. I also dislike the very drying formula - yuk!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by agyagy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this so much,flattering my nc40/42 skin tone

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by ashergill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go to lipstick it's pretty much the natural shade of my lips but better it stays on all day and I wear it everywhere work school social life everything!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by h20liliz

Love the pigmentation and lasting power. However, this lipstick is thick and can appear cakey if you swipe it across your entire lip. I've found that it works best if you dab the lipstick on and then smoosh your lips together to blend. This method will also help to preserve the amount used each time. My only reservation is the price. Revlon's Rose Velvet is a much better dupe. It is moisturising and a much more wearable color.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Ellenmarieb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great lipstick! Looks good whether I am tan or pale and has a nice matte finish that isn't drying. I have been using this color for 13 years! :)