MAC Satin Lipstick in Twig

4.1

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Glyceryl Triacetyl Hydroxystearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Vanillin, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6 Lake, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 1/3/2014 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I went to get my free back2mac, and asked the sales associate what a good everyday lipstick would be. He told me Twig, and I thought it looked ok at the store (I hate those pesky, bright department store lights). If I could take it back I would. On my really pigmented lips it pulls more brown than I would like. I make it work by pairing it with a really pink lip liner to make it rosier. I think if I didn't do that it would be a really dated color, and make me look older. I only wear it to work, or somewhere it's not appropriate to wear my fun, bright colored lipsticks. Unfortunately, I wouldn't get Twig again, or recommend you buy this shade of lipstick unless you are looking for a sophisticated lipstick. I'm just glad I didn't pay money for it.

on 10/20/2013 10:56:00 AM

I bought Twig to use when I don't feel like wearing anything and I really like it!, its perfect for when I have to go somewhere where I don't want to look overdress.

Twig is the little black dress in my closet and even though is not a very dramatic shade I think is a very useful one and it has become a must have for me.

on 10/16/2013 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I swear by twig! It is the perfect everyday lipstick. The satin line by MAC is amazing. It goes on super smooth unlike mattes and is super rich in color unlike cream sheens. It's the best your lips but better lipstick I've ever encountered. I don't need to reapply or constantly moisturize throughout the day. Everyone needs a little Twig in their lives. I have 3 sticks! MAC lipstick is truly a worthy investment.

on 9/17/2013 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

My perfect MLBB lipstick and this was in my first MAC purchase along with amber lights which I love to death. If you're NC 20/25 dark brown hair/eyes who always love to find new favorite MLBB colors then this is for you. You're welcome :)

on 9/6/2013 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Im an NC45 for reference.
Twig is one of those awesome go-to everyday type of colors.
I would had given it a 5, but Mac Cosmo has my heart!

on 8/31/2013 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this lipstick! It is my new everyday, go-to, HG lippie! I go natural with my makeup every day and this definitely compliments my look! I'm NW15 (by choice, I can get really tan in the summer, sunscreen sunscreen sunscreen!) brown hair and eyes, and my lips are naturally medium/dark pink. So this shade is seriously MLBB. When I was contemplating going to get this color I was afraid it would be to bold for my tone. Before I tried it on the first time I had my MA pull Kinda Sexy and Hug Me just in case bc they are both similar but lighter color wise. But they were not needed! As soon as Twig hit my lips I knew it was the one. I always wear balm under lipstick so I wouldn't really know if it is drying. It is Satin but I love that it looks Matte! I will never let myself run out of this product. I would recommend this to anyone going for a great natural lip look.

on 8/12/2013 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is the perfect MLBB color for me. A bit drying tho so i put loads of lip balm before applying. Will repurchase!!

on 6/26/2013 10:18:00 AM

I absolutely love Twig. There's nothing like it. I think the color must look really different depending on who's wearing it, because some reviews said this looks "orange-y" and I don't get that effect at all. On me, this looks more pink than anything but has a definite brown undertone. It's probably the most natural-looking lipstick I've had - my lips are more pigmented, so Twig just adds a beautiful pop of color. Perfect for work and everyday wear. Love it.

on 6/14/2013 1:12:00 AM

Love it! Got this as a Back 2 Mac (SA at Macy's helped me choose) and I'm really satisfied with my choice. I normally wear bold lip colors, so much that people consider that my signature look-a bold red lip, or fuchsia, etc. I wanted something that was more "neutral" but not nude and not boring. My lips are pretty pigmented and I'm fair skinned, so I cannot wear shades like Creme d' Nude, Angel, etc. I can *just* pull off Creme Cup. Twig is better for me because it's deeper, more pink, more pigmented and doesn't make me look washed out. I would describe it as a pinkish, mauvey brown. A sort of MLBB shade. It's very classy and rich looking, has great lasting power and I love the smooth texture. I am finding that it looks great with a number of different looks, and surprisingly, can even stand in for red lipstick if I happen to be wearing an outfit that I'd normally pair with red lipstick. It also lends itself to a purple makeup look. If you like Creme in My Coffee (another gorgeous Mac pinky brown,) you would probably also love Twig. I find myself reaching for Twig quite often and would most certainly repurchase.

on 4/9/2013 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I love Twig! I wonder why it took me so long to get this color but its lovely. I am an NC20 and I love wearing this lipstick with bronze and warm brown eye shadow looks.I recommend this to anyone with light olive skin, its a very pretty color.

Popular Lipsticks