February 28, 2015 | 1126 users online

Blush - NARS - Madly

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok...Yes...it is beautiful on tan skinsNC40-NC45 need not fear this blush in fear that it will not show up on their skins. It shows up beautifully on mine (NC42) and for those who have never seen her Zara from MOULDYFRUIT looks absolutely exquisite with that blush and she's an NC44/45. It is described as a "seashell pink" and it's a pretty good accurate description. I was constantly told that I had to pick Luster (which I already had in my already expanding NARS Blush collection) because Madly would not show up on me. AND everytime I was told this I wanted to WHACK the SA or MA upside the head. So I finally bit the bullet and bought it....and I have absolutely no regrets. It is a totally awesome as a daily blush (just like MAC Melba).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by krishealy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use Madly every single day. It's one of those products that I can't leave home without. It's great for very pale people, just to give some color, or contour, or as it's intended purpose. It gives a great, natural glow. I always try to start with a contouring technique when applying it, but then I usually end up putting it basically all over my face (lightly) and then putting a color like Oasis on the apples of my cheeks. It's not the train wreck that it sounds like, it actually ends up being quite gorgeous :)

I can't speak for people of varying skin tones, but for extremely fair skin, it's wonderful. If you have medium-to-dark tones, I'd give it a try in store. NARS can really surprise you with how universally flattering so many of their colors and products can be, you just have to work with them a bit. But I can say for a fact that this is a MUST for PPP.

The price is rather high, I think it's $26 or $27 now. But since I have yet to hit pan on an Orgasm blush that I bought five years ago (it's been well loved, too!) I can justify spending that much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by jueykang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This blush looks boring in the pan, but on your cheeks...WOW. Its gives the most natural looking, and slightly shimmery flush to your cheeks. Its a neutral blush. Its not too pink, too rosy, too brown, or too orange. Its amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by drewthomsen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this blush - it looks natural and gives a gentle flush. You may want to go easy or choose another shade if you have on a lot of bronzer though, as it can look muddy with too much bronzer in the equation. I took off one lippy for the packaging though, I hate that with Nars blush if you drop them on the floor you're finished! They always crack! My Madly is cracked in half and all messed up, but I still use it. Just have to be careful not to pick up too much product since it's crushed on one side.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by ashley1227

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like Madly, however I find it some what hard to work with on my skin tone. I have a fair-medium skin tone and find that Madly can sometimes look muddy on me. Building it up slightly with a stippling brush usually solves this problem though. When I can take a little extra time to work with it I think it looks nice and gives me a "natural glow" type of look. Overall I'm happy with it because I have nothing else like it and I will repurchase if I ever run out :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I hoped Madly would be my neutral blush HG, as I have been searching for a nice neutral that doesn't turn orange on me. Sadly, it isn't my HG neutral blush, but it is my HG bronzer. It doesn't pull orange, but it is too brown to be used as a blush on me. As a bronzer, it is wonderful. It has enough pink to it that it works on my pale complexion where most actual bronzers are just too orange. It is super pigmented and I think it is softer and has more fly away powder leftovers after a swipe of a brush over the pan than my others Nars blushes (O, Deep Throat, Luster, Madly, Desire, and Sex Appeal have made their way into the stash over the years).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by kloud04

After reading several reviews of people having issues with this turning too brown or red on their skin. I also own Luster which I adore but it doesnt give the same affect that Madly can (think Jennifer Aniston when she uses bronzer with the tawny blush) It looks so very natural and like its a nice day in the sun type of blush. To fix the issue I tried pairing it with a bit of Penny Lane underneath and then one swipe of Madly on top and it works wonderfully. It totally cancels out the brown and red blothcy affect that I had at first. I now have the perfect tawny cheek. I love Jennifer Aniston look when she wears the tawny blush and this is what comes the closest. I hope this helps people who have had the same issue.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by rosedust1

I LOVE this blush!..I have to say along with another reviewer here, "Madly, where have you been all my life??? This has become my HG blush along with Deep Throat..I own a drawer full of Mac, Chanel, and Estee Lauder blushes but keep going back to this blush...infact, I regret purchasing so many Mac blushes now that I have tried Nars..I can't wait to own more Nars blushes!! They are wonderful, and this one is perfect for my NC25 skin tone...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by painterlyrose

A tawny pink blush with shimmer. It's beautiful (on the medium to light skin tones) and pigmented as expected of NARS.

It wasn't intant love for me because of love *colour* on my cheeks. But I'm appreciating it more for summer.

I kind of think of this blush as a mix of colour between a light bronzer & light pink. I'm NC20/25 and I treat it more as a bronzer blush- adds definition with a little pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by perikita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this product. I like blush, but I donít know if the problem is in my skin type or in my skin tone, but I usually look cheap and/or overdo when I wear blush. What I more like is that I think it is really difficult to overdo with MADLY, it stays the whole day, and it gives you that magic touch of the blush.
I definitely will buy it again, although it is a bit expensive in Spain (36 $ aprox)