Polysporin

4.5

Active Ingredients: Each grams contains: Bacitracin Zinc (500 units), Polymyxin B Sulfate (10,000 units). Inactive Ingredients: White Petrolatum Base.

on 10/20/2008 12:58:00 PM

I used to use neosporin but I think it was breaking me out. Switched to polysporin for a while now and looove it. I agree with all the below raves and always keep it on hand for those pimples i couldn't keep myself from touching. Highly recommended!

on 10/18/2008 2:01:00 AM

For a serial picker like myself (I know, I'm TRYING to be good!), Polysporin is a godsend. I use it on angry spots and it not only calms the redness and pain, but lessens the scarring and helps heal it so much quicker than regular Neosporin. I think someone mentioned the presence of 3 antibiotics...but I think the reason it works better is because it's oil-based and moisturizes the spot, instead of forming an icky scab that is easily picked off by a towel or cleansing routine. I use Polysporin at night, and it is really nice stuff. Super-cheap to boot...packaging could be better with a flip-top lid but if you have little ones the screw tops are good. :-) I will always have this in my bathroom!

on 7/4/2008 2:34:00 PM

I use this for healing blemishes, it's better than a BP spot treatment in my opinion. It's non-drying unlike BP and reduces swelling and redness, great stuff.

on 7/2/2008 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My boyfriend had painful, cystic acne and razor bumps from shaving, on his face. I tried in agony to find something suitable for his sensitive, dry skin. Then I came across this through a recommendation from a coworker. My boyfriend smooths a tiny amount on his face, applies shaving cream on top of it, then shaves. He then follows with another thin layer of this stuff to heal any cuts. His face has finally cleared up and he's not as self-conscious of his skin no more. We both recently discovered neosporin with pain relief and that has also worked really well.

on 6/20/2008 4:44:00 PM

I did not think this product worked at all. I applied it both to pimples under the skin and to blemishes that I'd picked at, and noticed absolutely no difference. I've used Vitamin E for healing scabs before and found it much more effective. I noticed no difference at all after a week of use.

I never would have thought of trying this if I hadn't read it here. I don't get many breakouts these days, but I do get the occasional huge, angry cystic type of pimple that takes forever to heal, and leaves a red mark on my skin for months. It really does work -- but in my case, only on pimples that have already opened. The petrolatum base seals the wound and seems to speed healing and reduce redness...it also keeps the healing pimple from getting all flaky and peeling.

I apply a small amount with a Q-tip (an attempt to keep things sterile and keep the greasy stuff off of my hands). If I need to wash it off, I use an oil-based cleanser. Wonderful stuff.

on 5/17/2008 11:58:00 PM

On an angry sore zit polysporin and a bandaid overnight and the pain and swelling is gone!! I suffer from nodular acne and this has been my lifesaver! It totally reduces the swelling and pain of an inflamed pimple.

on 5/17/2008 1:58:00 AM

I don't think I've ever used a product that gave immediate results...

i had a little scab on my skin, it was bleeding and all, and red! ..
at first i used 100% aloe vera gel, which is suppose to be good for wounds, but after 4 days of using it , it was slow kinda

BUT THIS POLYSPORIN, AFTER 2 DAYS it healed soooo much, the redness lessened by like 60-80% after 2 days! i used the 'fast-acting' version

i love this

on 5/2/2008 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is not an acne product. Instead, its a skin healing ointment that is good to use to reduce inflammation and redness. Inflammation and redness are often associated with pimples. I haven't found this product does shorten the life of a pimple or really do anything more than help to take away some of the redness and allow for the pimple to go aay without leaving a scar.

This product can be pore clogging, so this is definitely soething to be cautioys of when applying firectly to the face.

on 4/21/2008 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i have only started using this product a few days ago, so i'm a bit worried about any potential long term effects, hence 1 lippie off. i have been using tea tree oil for a long time as a disinfectant after a hand picking frenzy. and lately, i'm developing sensitivities: tto always leaves my skin looking red and raw, and occasionally a chemical burn that takes days to go away. i was hoping that polysporin can replace tto for me. so far, i like it A LOT! i put it on broken skin and it closes the skin much faster. i also put it on a pimple that was puss-filled, and it went down without me having to pop it. haha, i wonder where the puss went???!!! anyway, i like a lot and i'm not developing any sensitivities.

Popular Treatments (Face)