October 30, 2014 | 1115 users online

Mascara - Mary Kay - Ultimate Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by ponysonata

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great for big and vampy lashes. I would not wear it during the day but it would make a good night mascara. It gave me a lot of volume and it's very black. I don't think it lenghens but overall I think it's a good buy if you want instant drama in a sleek tube. The only downside is that it's gloppy- I have to scrape it before applying.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Turquoise311

Georgeous product! I love how it totally amps my lashes in just one tiny swipe! I was also pleasantly suprised that by the evening, I didn't have to re-curl my lashes, the mascara had maintained it's volume as if I'd just put it on! Over all, a great product, and very nicely priced, compared to the more expensive and less promising products out there! I think I'm going to be buying this for the rest of my life!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by rachelizabeth9502

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually recieved this as a free sample along with their Oil-Free Remover and some other samples. Anyways, the first impression was the packaging. I really like the unique shape of the tube.

Next, the wand. This is a flippin huge wand. It is probably bigger than Maybelline's Colossal. At least longer. The bristles are not very close together and therefore, produces many clumps. (Minus 1 lippie).

The fallout with this mascara is rediculous. It's so bad, minus 2 lippies.

So yeah, terrible mascara. I hate it. Even for a free sample.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2010 7:28:00 AM More reviews by thefrogqueen

It does coat my lashes very well. i don't like the wand. I feel like it makes my lashes clump together a little too much. I don't want little black peeks coming out of my eyes... I blame the wand. Honestly comparing it to the Lengthening Mascara that Mary also put out, I would take the cheaper Lengthening mascara anyday and that is what I use on a regular basis, in "brown-black". I think I get a much fuller look out of it. Better wand as well. I'm probably alone on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Kflores

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First time i tried this Mascrara i hated it! my eyelashes stuck together and clumped all up!!! But the second time i tried it, i loved it! my eyelashes looked full and very black... it also made my eyelashes look dramatic.. its around $18 but i would buy it over any other Mascara I've ever tried... the product is thick so you just have to work with it till you found the right ammount to coat your lashes with. last all day, no flakes!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by glamorouskatie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I liked the texture of the product while I was applying it, not too wet or too dry. I liked the way my lashes looked, defined, long, and voluminous. However, throughout the day, it flaked off very badly. So badly, in fact, many times I had to wash it off because my eyes were so irritated--stinging, itching, watery. I wear contacts, which I'm sure made the issue even worse because whatever material flaked off might have ended up UNDER my contact. Though I liked everything else about this mascara, the flaking was just unacceptable, and I won't buy it again. Too bad, because there are so many other Mary Kay products that are amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2010 4:54:00 AM More reviews by veggiegirl11

Not the worst but not at all the best mascara I've used. The formula was very wet and seemed to get all over my eyelids no matter what I did. Took a long time to dry too. This also really irritates my eyes and made them sting and water like crazy! The effect lash-wise isn't impressive, especially considering the price. Lash volume and length was okay, but made my lashes look kinda spidery and stiff once it dried. I've used much better drug store brands; wouldn't recommend this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just dumped a butt-load of $$$ on a consultant & one of the items I got was the Ultimate mascara in black. Took some time to apply but wasn't too hard or cumbersome to get it on, no bad clumping, didn't sting or burn or flake or smear on my eyes for hours (haven't tried wearing it all day yet). My favorite part is how easily it washed right off with my regular face cleanser & no lingering residue whatsoever. Winner! Part I hated the most was the cost. The brush is great & workable. Verdict is still out though as to whether I would buy this again... like all Mary Kay products, it's costly. If it continues to perform well or even better than my initial good impression, I'll be likely shell out the cash again for it.
Oh, I forgot! The results... doesn't give me vavavoom lashes but does enhance my natural lash & makes them look more....I don't know, feminine? Not over the top, but definitely more girly, made up without much of that makeup look. Where my natural lashes look like they don't exist, this mascara brings them out, so the overall effect is natural looking lashes but more visible. Yes, like others have said here, this mascara/wand formula doesn't curl lashes but it does lift mine up & open up my eyes. I look alert, perky, attentive... awake. That's a good look.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2010 3:50:00 AM More reviews by bellalaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Made the inside of my eyes break out in whiteheads.

The tube before ended me up in urgent care with some sort of odd eye infection.

I then realized that the packages are not sealed, so I really don't have a guarantee there wasn't some sort of contamination. The mascara comes in a box that is not taped shut, nor is there any tape or sealer around the tube itself.

Since I quit using it I don't have any more issues with my eyes.

Beware of product that isn't sealed because you really don't know if its been contaminated.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by ROSESAPPHIREx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara! A few days ago, I was putting on my eye makeup when I found out I had no mascara left whatsoever. I was panicking and asked my mom if we could go to the store to get me some more mascara, when she reminded me her friend gave her a sample of this mascara (my mother can't wear mascara because she's allergic to something in it). So she handed it to me, I swiped it on, and WOW! My lashes were long, lush, and fluttery with just one coat. If it weren't for her sample, I would have never found out about this amazing mascara! The brush resembles that of Maybelline's Great Lash, only better. The bristles are thicker and less gapped than GL's, and it doesn't get smothered in too much product. It's a greay eberyday mascara, as well as one for going out. I definitely recommend it. :) I also suggest that you curl your lashes before putting this on. It makes a huge difference!