Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara

3.7

on 4/25/2011 3:42:00 PM

I used to love this product when I was in college. I remember it coming in a silver tube, though. I wonder if they've changed the formula too, because I got some for Christmas and it seemed different. Mostly because it does not want to come off at the end of the day! Sometimes it takes several times to get it off, and I swear it's making the dark circles under my eyes darker. Other than that issue, it still looks good when I put it on. I gave it a 4 because I used to think it was perfect until I started having the removal issue.

on 3/30/2011 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I strayed away from my usual Bobbi Brown Everything Mascara since they stopped making brown and decided to try this. It really irritated my eyes. I have ocular rosacea so I do have to be careful what I use and this one was a FAIL!!

on 3/2/2011 10:59:00 PM

I love love love this product. It makes my lashes look really full, and it stays on nicely all day. The only thing I dislike is having to order it through a consultant, but other than that I love it! It's my HG of mascaras. Highly recommend!!!

on 3/2/2011 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is my favorite mascara. I love the consistency and it makes my eyelashes look amazing!

on 2/27/2011 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff is great for big and vampy lashes. I would not wear it during the day but it would make a good night mascara. It gave me a lot of volume and it's very black. I don't think it lenghens but overall I think it's a good buy if you want instant drama in a sleek tube. The only downside is that it's gloppy- I have to scrape it before applying.

on 1/25/2011 8:44:00 PM

Georgeous product! I love how it totally amps my lashes in just one tiny swipe! I was also pleasantly suprised that by the evening, I didn't have to re-curl my lashes, the mascara had maintained it's volume as if I'd just put it on! Over all, a great product, and very nicely priced, compared to the more expensive and less promising products out there! I think I'm going to be buying this for the rest of my life!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I actually recieved this as a free sample along with their Oil-Free Remover and some other samples. Anyways, the first impression was the packaging. I really like the unique shape of the tube.

Next, the wand. This is a flippin huge wand. It is probably bigger than Maybelline's Colossal. At least longer. The bristles are not very close together and therefore, produces many clumps. (Minus 1 lippie).

The fallout with this mascara is rediculous. It's so bad, minus 2 lippies.

So yeah, terrible mascara. I hate it. Even for a free sample.

on 11/27/2010 7:28:00 AM

It does coat my lashes very well. i don't like the wand. I feel like it makes my lashes clump together a little too much. I don't want little black peeks coming out of my eyes... I blame the wand. Honestly comparing it to the Lengthening Mascara that Mary also put out, I would take the cheaper Lengthening mascara anyday and that is what I use on a regular basis, in "brown-black". I think I get a much fuller look out of it. Better wand as well. I'm probably alone on this one.

on 11/23/2010 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First time i tried this Mascrara i hated it! my eyelashes stuck together and clumped all up!!! But the second time i tried it, i loved it! my eyelashes looked full and very black... it also made my eyelashes look dramatic.. its around $18 but i would buy it over any other Mascara I've ever tried... the product is thick so you just have to work with it till you found the right ammount to coat your lashes with. last all day, no flakes!!!!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I liked the texture of the product while I was applying it, not too wet or too dry. I liked the way my lashes looked, defined, long, and voluminous. However, throughout the day, it flaked off very badly. So badly, in fact, many times I had to wash it off because my eyes were so irritated--stinging, itching, watery. I wear contacts, which I'm sure made the issue even worse because whatever material flaked off might have ended up UNDER my contact. Though I liked everything else about this mascara, the flaking was just unacceptable, and I won't buy it again. Too bad, because there are so many other Mary Kay products that are amazing.