MAC Veluxe Pearl - Da Bling

3.9

on 4/2/2007 4:59:00 PM

I love this eyeshadow.
I was looking for a versatile pink that I could mix with other shades and it does exactly that.
I have worn it on my lid with Fuschia pigment in the crease for a more intense pink look.
Last time I wore it, I wore it on the lid, with "melon" pigment in the centre of the lid and blended it into the inner corner in my eye with the "lemon" mac pigment. These are great spring colours, pinks, peaches & golds. Reminded me of the new Nars duo.
Love this eyeshadow!

on 4/1/2007 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I thought this was an excellent eyeshadow. At first I tried it with a regular sponge-tipped applicator and it delivered average results, however when I used it with my Mac e/s brush and I got the hang of blending with other shades I get outstanding results. This shade is very luminous, and a gorgeous pink shade. When I wore it to a rave I blended it over my brow bone (and applied nothing to the lid) and then blended it with Bonnebel cafe classics shadow palette that I apply underneath my brow to highlight. (I believe it is the third shade down on the palette).
Downside, 1 lippie deduction for creasies just like any regular drugstore shadow.

An OK medium satiny pink eyeshadow, "Da Bling" makes me think of the colour of a ballet slipper, a pastel-ish, very ladylike shade... not what you'd expect from the name at all, lol. I wouldn't repurchase this since I have so many pink MAC eyeshadows already (Sweet Lust, Seedy Pearl, Titillate, Pushup Pink) and there's nothing at all outstanding about this one.

I'm one for bright, dramatic colours, so this wasn't exactly what I was looking for when I bought it. It looks a lot brighter and more shimmery in the pan. However, it still looks nice on if you're looking for a lighter, medium pink colour. It has a fair amount of shimmer but not too much. I just wish this showed up a little bit better - I have very pale skin, so it doesn't to too much for me. But blended with a few other colours, it works out well.

on 11/27/2006 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

A beautiful light sweet pink that looks fresh and natural. Goes on beautifully with a light shimmer finish. Tried it on a client with hazel eyes/tan skin and she looked gorgeous.

on 9/23/2006 12:54:00 AM

This is the perfect babydoll pink on my NW35 skin. A must have. Very natural looking as well.

on 7/16/2006 11:04:00 AM

I love pink very much that most part of my stash is based on pinky colors. This is the color i was looking for so long, and i'm so glad that i find this gorgeous shimmery medium pink(in Veluxe Pearl)! It is a girly pink without any peaches or mauve undertones. e/s has great pigmentation and can be build easily. Even using it alone would look so great. I'll definitely repurchase this gorgeous color my HG e/s.

on 12/29/2005 7:35:00 PM

I'm quite happy with this purchase. It's quite hard to find that perfect pink at MAC, most of them tend to have some mauve/plum undertones or are too shimmery with no pigment. Da Bling is a bright and deep pink in the pan, but on the skin it's a wearable medium pink. I like pairing this with Pink Opal pigment continued >>

on 12/18/2005 7:29:00 AM

Love this eyeshadow. It seems to have been kind of overlooked when it came out with the new veluxe pearls but this is one of my two most favorite pinks (the other being Swish). It comes out a soft, kind of baby pink color on me, perfect for when I want to do a soft, sweet pink look. Texture and lasting power are fab. I'm NC20-30 depending on tan, brown eyes, brown hair.

Top Rated MAC Products