Eve Lom Cleanser

3.5

Mineral Oil, Peg-30 Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Aluminum Stearate, Cocoa Seed Butter, Peg-75 Lanolin, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Clove Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Hops Cone Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

on 2/18/2013 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have very dry and very sensitive skin - almost anything can set my skin on fire. Eve Lom's cleanser is one of the few things I have found that for some reason does not make skin care painful.
I travel, a lot, and my tub of Eve Lom cleanser always comes with me. After a long plane ride, it revives my skin and it has worked for me no matter what the environment - from foggy London to super dry Riyadh to all types of weather in between.
I like both the ritual and the end result - moist, clear, and radiant skin. I still need to use a moisturizer in most climates (except the most humid and warm places) but have not found Eve's moisturizer to do the trick. So, I complement the cleanser with my favourite Khiel's moisturizers.
I find both the scent and the texture pleasant.
I wish other reviewers would recognize that just because a product does not work for them does not mean it is a terrible product, stick to noting what did and did not work and why.

on 2/17/2013 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I have been using Eve Lom's cleanser for years and I love it. It is now part of my evening ritual.

I have normal skin which tends to be a bit dry in winter,nespecially around my nose.

This cleanser leaves my skin super soft and makeup / dirt free. Even waterproof makeup (including mascara!) is no match for it!

I love the smell and the texture which is like a think honey with a bit of grain in it. Sounds unpleasant but isn't at all. I don't need to exfoliate anymore, thanks to this and to using the washcloths.

The big drawbacks are the steep price and the packaging is somewhat unhygienic and bulky (I get the large tub size).

I get a lot of compliments on my skin and rarely suffer from blackheads or pimples now. This is definitely my HG cleanser!!

PROS
Makes my skin feel soft (like a babies bottom)
Does not make my combination skin oiler
Helps ease out blackhead gunk
I can use it as a treatment mask
Gets rid of all makeup
Doesn't make me cry so I use it on my eye area
Moisturizes my skin

CONS
The unhygienic tub. Seen the film Contagion anyone?
The big clunky tub.
The price- its just bad in rip off Ireland
Too hard work for the morning sorry Eve ( There is an ineffective morning version in a tube nowadays).
Has mineral oil in it- which apparently can assist with pore congestion for certain people

on 2/4/2013 11:38:00 PM

Even after several pots, I just love this and the results. I only wish it were quicker to use and that it came in a pump or squeeze tube - it's not too thick for that.

I run my tap as hot as it goes while massaging in the cleanser, usually at night to remove makeup. I steam with the hot towel at least 4 or 5 times and then scrub away makeup and dry skin. It never dries out or irritates my sensitive skin and really helps to reduce blackheads. And it's really relaxing right before bed.

on 2/4/2013 9:32:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I have combination, but sensitive skin, and this was recommended to me because my skin was "dehydrated by using a cleanser that was too strong" - I had a dehydratation laugh line that I wanted to address.

The line never went away, my pores got clogged, and whiteheads popped up in places I had never seen them before. Not impressed at all.

on 1/30/2013 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Horrible! At first I broke out, and then, a nasty rash. I must be allergic to something in the ingredients, but I expected a product promoted as consisting of mainly natural ingredients to be better than this. Quite a few people who I've spoken to had a similar experience.

on 1/6/2013 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Love this!!!!!!!
Have been using for three weeks and my skin has never looked so good!fist off used it alone and in the past week with a clarasonic it truly is a great product wish i tried it years ago!even though a lot of people don't like the packaging it is fine as long as clean fingers go in into the pot! Oh I always remove make up before using this product,don't like the idea of massaging make up all over face,but that's just me might work but have never tried it. Look forward to trying other products in their range!!!!give it a go!

on 1/4/2013 2:00:00 PM

I have used many cleansers over the years, but I always return to Eve Lom.

I have sensitive, acne prone skin and I find that the less products I use, the better my skin looks.I use this morning and night, and only add moisturiser in the morning (as a base for makeup). Unlike other cleansers this one cleanses deeply enough to prevent me breaking out, but it is gentle enough not to irritate my skin. I love the ritual aspect of this cleanser too.

It is certainly very expensive, but a little goes a long way, and I save money because I do not have to buy separate products to remove makeup, cleanse, tone and exfoliate as this does all of those things.

This is my HG cleanser and I would not be without it.

on 12/12/2012 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I felt compelled to write to express my disgust with this product. Yes, disgust. I am a person devoted to a skincare routine, and am always looking for the "it" product to add to my regimen. Not because i NEED to add to it, but because I love to care for my skin. Its relaxing, and it can be rewarding.

This cleanser may work for some. I think the muslin cloth is a joke. First of all, it retains heat for a microsecond, and even in scalding water, when applied to the face, is luke warm at best. So its like having a lukewarm tissue on your face. Stupid.

It makes me BREAK OUT. Im talking cystic, boner acne. Week before my office Christmas party and I look like I have leprosy of the chin. NO BUENO. So, if you are at all prone to adult onset acne, boner zits, or have even slightly picky skin (and a picky wallet) please do yourself a favor and ignore the hype. I am back to my PTR glycolic, and Happy Joy Joy, Proactiv, while I cure this little stint's legacy.

ABORT. Eve Lom sucks.

on 12/5/2012 6:52:00 PM

I've used balm/oil cleansers in the past. As I age and my skin gets drier, I find that an emollient cleanser is the ONLY product I can use once the weather gets cold and the heat comes on. Even during the summer I now have to use a cleansing milk that, in the old days, would be used only during the winter with a cleanser for normal to oily plus toner would be needed for the spring and summer months.

Welcome to the wonderful world of getting old.

With all that said, this product is a gift to dry skin. I use a full coverage foundation (Kat Von D's) because it's the perfect color match. I also do a full face every day because I love wearing makeup. A 1/4 tsp of this product does my entire face AND neck and removes ALL my makeup plus leaves it smooth, soft and moist. No toner needed, just my evening serum and moisturizer. Amazing. I only use it at night (as per the instructions), I do the whole facial massage thing and I love it. Purchase it when 20% off of the MANY sites that sell it plus get free shipping and know that the full size jar will last you a year. Great deal.

The scent, btw, does not bother me. I find it comforting. I do have sensitive skin and there is no issue with using it. As for mineral oil... it's not all bad to/for all people. See if you can score a sample before buying else make sure the store you do purchase it from has a no-hassle return policy.