Kevyn Aucoin The Precision Brow Pencil

4.6

Stearic Acid, Rhus Succedanea Fruit Wax Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Beeswax, Microcrystalline Wax, Mineral Oil, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Kernal Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Tocopherol, Talc, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499.

on 3/18/2007 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Thank you so much ladies! I would have never discovered this little gem if not for the great reviews. It is so easy to apply and looks very natural. The pencil itself is very thin, so it's great for precision touchups, and the spoolie on the other end blends out any mistakes for flawless looking brows. You CAN use this to draw individual hairs it's so thin, but I am always in such a rush, I just fill in like normal and my brows still look great. I purchased this in January, so I can't comment on how long it lasts, but I'm hoping for the price paid, that it lasts a long time! I was previously using the Chanel Scuplting pencil, which was nice, but I MUCH prefer this. I don't think I'll be straying anytime soon! LOVE!
UPDATE: It's now the middle of July and I'm still on the same one. It's SO worth the cost!

on 3/16/2007 9:16:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Don't get me wrong. This was my HG of brow pencils. It's neutral ash brown color and hard lead make it ideal for all haircolors. It is a SUPERB product. The problem is that if you have dark hair and sparse brows, this pencil will run out very quickly. Obviously, you must use more to match your haircolor if you are a brunette. For me, this meant purchasing a new KA pencil every three weeks! One plus is that unlike many other automatic pencils, KA's is retractable.

I'm giving it 4 lippies because IMO at $25.00 plus shipping, it's not a good value for very dark haired brunettes.

I'll just have to keep looking for something else.

UPDATE: Origins Fill In The Blanks for Brunettes isn't bad. It's the same amount of product, but HALF the price. Though it requires sharpening, Iman's Blackest Brown pencil has no red and a firm lead. It's an excellent alternative for brunettes. Price: $7.99.

UPDATE to my previous update:

Dang it - KA's pencil really IS the BEST one out there.

Using dark brown, no-red-in-it powder eyeshadow such as Bobbi Brown Mahogany with a slanted, stiff brow brush to fill in after using KA pencil to outline my brows is the best bet for me--brows don't go as greasy/shiny during the day.

If you have oily skin, remember to lightly powder those penciled or powdered in brows when you powder your nose.

on 2/16/2007 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Because of all the hoopla surrounding this pencil, I decided to buy it. However, when I went to Nordys, they didnt have it, so I had to put my name on a list till they got some in....Im asian with very sparse brows, I have to fill in everyday, otherwise, I look like Im browless...this pencil is not worth it. I have tried a lot of different brands, and this was ok. I like the thin tip, but you can get the same thin tip in a lot of asian brand brow pencils. Yes, the color is very flattering, no red at all, but again, nothing special. I would not shell out $24 for this pencil again, esp since I havent even used it a month, and Im already more than half way done with it.

on 2/12/2007 1:58:00 PM

HG brow pencil, and I have tried many. I love that it's retractable. The basic brown is perfect for me, I have dark brown brows and this color comes out a soft brown w/ a tint of grey so it looks more natural than the Revlon, Cover Girl, Lancome...pencils. No one has perfectly brown brows like the Crayon. I also love that it goes on harder than the softer more waxy pencils. It doesn't get oily looking, even after a workout. I can also blot my face w/ a towel while running and it doesn't smear like the waxy pencils and pot waxes. It also goes on easier than the Shu pencils. You must try this one!! I will never never stray from this pencil.

on 2/9/2007 10:25:00 AM

Ok, This is definitely the best brow product I've used. I am not sure anything compares to it. However, the amount that you get in here for $24 is crazy. The first one I got, a 3 inch piece of the lead fell right out of it into my wet sink - I almost cried! I did re-purchase when I had a 20% off code from Beauty.com but I really hope to find something comparable for less $$!

on 1/17/2007 10:36:00 PM

This is the HG of all brow products! the pencil lead in this is so thin you can redraw little hairs.... and it works for just about any hair color I love this pencil!... it is so precise and worth the money...when I first received this I couldn't believe how little the lead was, wow!!! I will be stocking up on this. I have never seen anything like it.... If you mess up your brows, this is the pencil to go to!!!!

on 1/15/2007 12:18:00 PM

MAC Fling was my former HG pencil. While I prefer the shade of Fling better, this pencil is of much better quality. First, I ADORE how thin the pencil is. The point is so slender and tiny that you are able to get an extremely precise look, which I love. The strokes look like real hairs because of this. There is no red to the brown, and it can easily be used with a light hand to accomodate most medium to dark blondes, as well as brunettes of all shades. Also, my MAC pencil would constantly break because it was so soft. This formula is harder, so that has not been an issue. The purchase price of the KA pencil is higher, but in the end I believe I am spending less because there is no wastage of product to due it breaking. Major HG!! :)

on 1/10/2007 6:50:00 PM

This was sold out everywhere (online) for awhile, so I was pretty happy when beauty.com finally got it back in stock. Surprisingly, the color works really well for me (black hair that is blue-ish in cool light, but has reddish tones in sunlight, grey-black eyebrows, light, yellow-toned skin).

"Basic Brown" is a neutral (no weird reddish tones) medium taupe-brown that is perfectly balanced between grey and brown. The texture is not as hard as I thought it'd be, given the reviews here--it actually feels almost creamy to me. The pencil is really pigmented and easily lays down color with the very lightest touch. In fact, it's so pigmented that you should be careful not to go overboard or you'll end up with really severe-looking brows. Light, feathery strokes are best, though the point is not fine enough (being an automatic pencil) to imitate actual hairs. I find that I get a very precise, penciled look with this item (as opposed to the Paul & Joe pencil I'd been using before) that's not exactly natural, but not scary as long as you apply and blend carefully. Lasting power is pretty good on my combination skin--no touch-ups needed during the day.

The pencil is kind of small given the hefty price tag ($24), about 4.5 inches long. One end is an automatic pencil with a very thin lead that you can twist up or down. I would have preferred a cap for this end too, but don't mind too much. The other end has a very stiff, scratchy spooley brush that is quite good at precisely blending out the color. It hurts but it works! The case is so attractive--metallic dark cherry red, very slim and sleek, with a pleasing, tiny bit of heft in the hand.

This is a very good eyebrow pencil. I want to try the Shu Seal Brown and Chanel Blonde Cendre pencils next, but I would repurchase this one.

on 1/5/2007 7:27:00 PM

i'm so glad i listened to the MUA reviews and purchased this pencil. i usually wouldn't spend this much on an eyebrow pencil but i have no regrets. i have dark brown/black hair and the color is just perfect and the hardness of the pencil is spot on. im getting over a terrible eyebrow wax job that left me looking permanently surprised. the brow shape this lady gave me actually made me look angry...just horrific. but god bless kevyn aucoin because my brows look better now than they ever have, even before the wax from hell.

on 12/30/2006 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

bought the pencil based on reviews here. i had been using Origins brow pencil in dark brown, which worked well for me. however, the precision brow pencil is easier to handle (being smaller) and looks more natural on me. i actually used the origins pencil on one brow and the kevyn aucoin pencil on the other brow to compare. the kevyn aucoin pencil blended better into my natural brows and the color was a better match. (yellow undertones, dark brown/black hair and brows). and the spooley thing on the kevyn aucoin pencil is great and does a fantastic job of blending the pencil.

Popular Brows Products