April 17, 2014 | 1886 users online

Brows - Kevyn Aucoin - The Precision Brow Pencil

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2006 10:34:00 AM More reviews by jacks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

bought the pencil based on reviews here. i had been using Origins brow pencil in dark brown, which worked well for me. however, the precision brow pencil is easier to handle (being smaller) and looks more natural on me. i actually used the origins pencil on one brow and the kevyn aucoin pencil on the other brow to compare. the kevyn aucoin pencil blended better into my natural brows and the color was a better match. (yellow undertones, dark brown/black hair and brows). and the spooley thing on the kevyn aucoin pencil is great and does a fantastic job of blending the pencil.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2006 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Cincy_Gal

Like many have already said, I too am a self-confessed brow addict. Brows are SO important to a finished face! In the search for a less expensive pencil than my beloved Chanel Sculpting, I bought this based on the reviews here. I love this pencil's packaging. Very sleek little retractable unit that never needs sharpening -- cool! I was a little curious as to how one pencil color could work universally for everyone, but at least for me, this is a nice shade. I have dark brown brows that are ashy and this works quite well. The only downer is that it is a bit waxy in application compared to Chanel's beautiful, powdery formula. I work around that by using a spooly thing to comb over my brows to soften any waxy look they may have. I would repurchase this again, although I'm still going to look around. Very nice pencil. I just happen to like Chanel's Sculpting in Blonde Cendre better. UPDATE 7/2007: After having this for many months, I'm going to remove a lippie. This formula is just too waxy for my taste.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2006 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Zedar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Maybe it is because I am an ashy blonde, but this eyebrow pencil is not my favorite. It is my third favorite, although I can see how it is probably an HG product for a lot of other people out there. However, for me, MAC Fling and my really too old, trusty, greenish Wet N' Wild 650A pencil are easier to blend into my natural coloring (and they were cheaper too).

I will be repurchasing MAC Fling next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2006 11:30:00 AM More reviews by claresauntie

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Another rave. I loved Kevyn Aucoin and miss his presence here, but at least his legacy of great makeup and great makeup application lives on...

This product is a amazing. With a light hand, I can get it to be a lovely taupe, but with a bit more pressure I can get it as dark as my near-black eyebrows! How can one pencil be so many colors at once? *shakes head in wonderment*

I consider the price for this to be quite good. At $24 USD on the Kevyn Aucoin website you may not agree, but let me explain: instead of wasting time buying inferior products that leave you disappointed and still searching, this product is the solution to whatever you've been wanting out of a brow pencil! It also lasts and lasts. So for $24 it's totally worth it!

The packaging is lovely and it's so easy to roll out just the right amount of slender tip to line your eyes, and it rolls right back down again to protect the tip when you're done. It's a lovely shiny burgandy pencil and that spoolie on the end saves you from hunting down your brow brush! What more can you ask!?

As I mentioned, this has the slimmest tip I've ever seen! It's great- I can draw individual lashes and fill in the most delicate spots without looking like I've taken sidewalk chalk to my brows. It's so subtle if applied carefully, that it can be used to fill in sparse eyebrows or those patches some of us might get. FABULOUS!

I will definitely buy this again and will also use it in my professional kit!

Of course you can purchase this HG product from Kevyn's website, but this can also be purchased at Beauty.com / Drugstore.com
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2006 12:48:00 PM More reviews by exoticarab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am obsessed with eyebrows. After reading all the positive reviews on here i got it! It truly is amazing- but I AM SO SAD cuz i cant use it!!! I have naturally black hair and very light skin, unfortunetly this pencil was too light for my dark brows. I wanted SO much to love this because it REALLY is the perfect pencil ever created. I refuse to give it less than 5 lippies even though its too light for me- b/c it deserves only the best rating.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2006 10:15:00 PM More reviews by sasha671

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After reading all this + reviews I went out looking for this. Henri Bendel and Bergdorf Goodman sell this. I am sure they will ship it anywhere. love it. My other fav is Vincent Longo blond , but this one is HG. Try it. You will not look back

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2006 12:59:00 PM More reviews by shortiee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

after reading the allure awards for this pencil i got curious and went out to get it. well let me say... I WILL NEVER AGAIN USE ANOTHER BROW PENCIL. this is THE BEST BROW PENCIL i have ever used. thank you kevyn!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2006 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Tigerbear

As everyone else has said - this is amazing!
Not quite sure how a one shade pencil can look great on everyone, but it obviously does. This beats all of my other brow pencils - Lancome, Clarins, etc. BUT my only problem is, this stuff can only be bought in the U.S (to my knowledge), and the Kevyn Aucoin website does not ship to the UK. HELP!
Does anyone know where it can be bought in the UK or Europe???

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2006 1:45:00 AM More reviews by mumsie

Love this! It one of those Finally Moments! I consider myself an Eyebrow Addict, To me I think it all begins and ends with the Brows. I have tried most of them, and this is it. I have been known to over-pluck, and this fills in my Yickes, just perfect. What I love is that it wont smear, even if its a warm day. I just wish I could thank the late Kevyn Aucoin, so I will continue buying his products to express my gratitude. Bless him!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2006 2:38:00 PM More reviews by memechoses

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

there ain't nothin better. how have i lived without it