August 20, 2014 | 1994 users online

Brows - Kevyn Aucoin - The Precision Brow Pencil

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2007 10:25:00 AM More reviews by pap179

Ok, This is definitely the best brow product I've used. I am not sure anything compares to it. However, the amount that you get in here for $24 is crazy. The first one I got, a 3 inch piece of the lead fell right out of it into my wet sink - I almost cried! I did re-purchase when I had a 20% off code from Beauty.com but I really hope to find something comparable for less $$!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2007 10:36:00 PM More reviews by lycanthropy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the HG of all brow products! the pencil lead in this is so thin you can redraw little hairs.... and it works for just about any hair color I love this pencil!... it is so precise and worth the money...when I first received this I couldn't believe how little the lead was, wow!!! I will be stocking up on this. I have never seen anything like it.... If you mess up your brows, this is the pencil to go to!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2007 12:18:00 PM More reviews by princessami

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

MAC Fling was my former HG pencil. While I prefer the shade of Fling better, this pencil is of much better quality. First, I ADORE how thin the pencil is. The point is so slender and tiny that you are able to get an extremely precise look, which I love. The strokes look like real hairs because of this. There is no red to the brown, and it can easily be used with a light hand to accomodate most medium to dark blondes, as well as brunettes of all shades. Also, my MAC pencil would constantly break because it was so soft. This formula is harder, so that has not been an issue. The purchase price of the KA pencil is higher, but in the end I believe I am spending less because there is no wastage of product to due it breaking. Major HG!! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2007 6:50:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

This was sold out everywhere (online) for awhile, so I was pretty happy when beauty.com finally got it back in stock. Surprisingly, the color works really well for me (black hair that is blue-ish in cool light, but has reddish tones in sunlight, grey-black eyebrows, light, yellow-toned skin).

"Basic Brown" is a neutral (no weird reddish tones) medium taupe-brown that is perfectly balanced between grey and brown. The texture is not as hard as I thought it'd be, given the reviews here--it actually feels almost creamy to me. The pencil is really pigmented and easily lays down color with the very lightest touch. In fact, it's so pigmented that you should be careful not to go overboard or you'll end up with really severe-looking brows. Light, feathery strokes are best, though the point is not fine enough (being an automatic pencil) to imitate actual hairs. I find that I get a very precise, penciled look with this item (as opposed to the Paul & Joe pencil I'd been using before) that's not exactly natural, but not scary as long as you apply and blend carefully. Lasting power is pretty good on my combination skin--no touch-ups needed during the day.

The pencil is kind of small given the hefty price tag ($24), about 4.5 inches long. One end is an automatic pencil with a very thin lead that you can twist up or down. I would have preferred a cap for this end too, but don't mind too much. The other end has a very stiff, scratchy spooley brush that is quite good at precisely blending out the color. It hurts but it works! The case is so attractive--metallic dark cherry red, very slim and sleek, with a pleasing, tiny bit of heft in the hand.

This is a very good eyebrow pencil. I want to try the Shu Seal Brown and Chanel Blonde Cendre pencils next, but I would repurchase this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2007 7:27:00 PM More reviews by adida5grl

i'm so glad i listened to the MUA reviews and purchased this pencil. i usually wouldn't spend this much on an eyebrow pencil but i have no regrets. i have dark brown/black hair and the color is just perfect and the hardness of the pencil is spot on. im getting over a terrible eyebrow wax job that left me looking permanently surprised. the brow shape this lady gave me actually made me look angry...just horrific. but god bless kevyn aucoin because my brows look better now than they ever have, even before the wax from hell.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2006 10:34:00 AM More reviews by jacks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

bought the pencil based on reviews here. i had been using Origins brow pencil in dark brown, which worked well for me. however, the precision brow pencil is easier to handle (being smaller) and looks more natural on me. i actually used the origins pencil on one brow and the kevyn aucoin pencil on the other brow to compare. the kevyn aucoin pencil blended better into my natural brows and the color was a better match. (yellow undertones, dark brown/black hair and brows). and the spooley thing on the kevyn aucoin pencil is great and does a fantastic job of blending the pencil.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2006 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Cincy_Gal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Like many have already said, I too am a self-confessed brow addict. Brows are SO important to a finished face! In the search for a less expensive pencil than my beloved Chanel Sculpting, I bought this based on the reviews here. I love this pencil's packaging. Very sleek little retractable unit that never needs sharpening -- cool! I was a little curious as to how one pencil color could work universally for everyone, but at least for me, this is a nice shade. I have dark brown brows that are ashy and this works quite well. The only downer is that it is a bit waxy in application compared to Chanel's beautiful, powdery formula. I work around that by using a spooly thing to comb over my brows to soften any waxy look they may have. I would repurchase this again, although I'm still going to look around. Very nice pencil. I just happen to like Chanel's Sculpting in Blonde Cendre better. UPDATE 7/2007: After having this for many months, I'm going to remove a lippie. This formula is just too waxy for my taste.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2006 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Zedar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Maybe it is because I am an ashy blonde, but this eyebrow pencil is not my favorite. It is my third favorite, although I can see how it is probably an HG product for a lot of other people out there. However, for me, MAC Fling and my really too old, trusty, greenish Wet N' Wild 650A pencil are easier to blend into my natural coloring (and they were cheaper too).

I will be repurchasing MAC Fling next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2006 11:30:00 AM More reviews by claresauntie

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Another rave. I loved Kevyn Aucoin and miss his presence here, but at least his legacy of great makeup and great makeup application lives on...

This product is a amazing. With a light hand, I can get it to be a lovely taupe, but with a bit more pressure I can get it as dark as my near-black eyebrows! How can one pencil be so many colors at once? *shakes head in wonderment*

I consider the price for this to be quite good. At $24 USD on the Kevyn Aucoin website you may not agree, but let me explain: instead of wasting time buying inferior products that leave you disappointed and still searching, this product is the solution to whatever you've been wanting out of a brow pencil! It also lasts and lasts. So for $24 it's totally worth it!

The packaging is lovely and it's so easy to roll out just the right amount of slender tip to line your eyes, and it rolls right back down again to protect the tip when you're done. It's a lovely shiny burgandy pencil and that spoolie on the end saves you from hunting down your brow brush! What more can you ask!?

As I mentioned, this has the slimmest tip I've ever seen! It's great- I can draw individual lashes and fill in the most delicate spots without looking like I've taken sidewalk chalk to my brows. It's so subtle if applied carefully, that it can be used to fill in sparse eyebrows or those patches some of us might get. FABULOUS!

I will definitely buy this again and will also use it in my professional kit!

Of course you can purchase this HG product from Kevyn's website, but this can also be purchased at Beauty.com / Drugstore.com
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2006 12:48:00 PM More reviews by exoticarab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am obsessed with eyebrows. After reading all the positive reviews on here i got it! It truly is amazing- but I AM SO SAD cuz i cant use it!!! I have naturally black hair and very light skin, unfortunetly this pencil was too light for my dark brows. I wanted SO much to love this because it REALLY is the perfect pencil ever created. I refuse to give it less than 5 lippies even though its too light for me- b/c it deserves only the best rating.