August 22, 2014 | 1293 users online

Lip Gloss - C.O. Bigelow - Mentha Lip Tint No 1138

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2006 7:01:00 PM More reviews by BonChicBonGenre

Got this product for Christmas and have been using regularly since. It's a great, easy gloss that you slick on from the package. It has a minty smell and taste that stays fresh, instead of stagnating and getting yucky like other perfumed glosses. One magazine claimed this gloss plumps your lips because of the peppermint oil; if that's true, the effect is minimal. Consistency is slick and doesn't have much staying power, but for this price it's okay. The only problem may come in the packaging - my little sis says that some bacteria must have gotten into hers, because it stinks now and she can't use it anymore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2006 9:08:00 PM More reviews by fireflyglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love C.O. Bigelow's glosses! I got this at B&BW when I had a gift card-- and I ended up getting the Ultra Mentha and #1137 about a month later, too. This color literally matches my lips *perfectly*-- sooo natural. And the peppermint scent and taste are amazing. Definitely a HG gloss. My only beef? I wish they would come out with this in a lipstick form-- dating a guy who hates the feel of lipgloss ain't great when you're a lipgloss junkie. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2006 12:53:00 PM More reviews by pinklikecandy

I'm very picky about the fragrances of lip glosses and peppermint and vanilla are usually the only scents I like. This has 2% peppermint oil so it has a strong mint odor and flavor. It has a smooth, thin texture that's not at all sticky. The sheer red color gives a nice rosy glow to my pigmented lips. I bought this during the Bath & Body Works sale for $5 and would repurchase this. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2006 4:21:00 PM More reviews by IceSkater_JG

This has got to be the best lip gloss. The way the lip gloss looks (and tastes :) ) is great! It is great as a breath refresher too! It is soooooo glossy and very pretty! I would recomend this to anyone out there looking for a sleek, smooth, pretty gloss!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2006 4:55:00 AM More reviews by IllumiGem

I LOVE THIS STUFF!! After using this I've seriously stopped using any other type of lipgloss. Also want to try the 1137 shade. The only thing that bugs me is that I'm used to applying with a wand. This squeeze tube can get kind of messy when applying in a hurry. But I love the minty flavour and the way it makes my lips look so much that I'd purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2006 11:30:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was a gift from a friend who has good taste. For some reason, my lips seem to be perpetually dry and chapped. I really like this product. The color is a sheer berry--but when it goes on you have just a whisper of the color. Also the texture is nice--smooth, silky, and shiny but not greasy or heavy. I was afraid of the mint thing at first--but it's more akin to a good chewing gum mint, nothing strong or medicinal. The 1/2 ounce tube is huge and should last me through the cold winter months. Overall this is a very nice product and I think that I would buy it if or when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2006 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Fulmer1Gal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this! It has a little minty kick when you first put it on and makes me feel very 'fresh' once it's in place. You really don't get any color from it but you are left with a nice shine. It's not gooey and thick at all...a steal at 'free with any purchase.' I've got a second coupon so I'm going back for another freebie in a different color. I will definitely purchase once I run out of coupons!

UPDATE 1 MONTH LATER: I don't know if I somehow got water in between the lid and the tube but when I unscrewed my cap to use it last, it stunk like mildew and death! It had been about a week and 1/2 since I had used it last but I can't use it now without getting a wiff of stench...I'll pass on this one and use my next unopened one to see if it happens again...ugh

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2006 6:47:00 AM More reviews by javk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this gloss! I definitely prefer glosses and tints to lipstick (always looks too heavy on me), and this color is perfect. It looks like a bright red, but goes on light and the result is very natural and sexy. The mint is strong, but I like it personally. Currently my favorite item in my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2006 1:26:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Sheer, juicy apple-red. Requires frequent reapplication but I don't mind since it has such a nice texture (smooth and balm-like) and a fresh, minty taste and scent. It is a bit moisturizing and comes in a nice, pale green squeeze tube, though I wish they'd made the entire tube red so it'd be easier to tell these apart. Overall, a nice tinted balm to have on hand for casual days.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2006 12:26:00 PM More reviews by 8675309

This is a very good product. It's moisturizing and very shiny. The applicator is slanted, which makes application easy. I love the peppermint scent/flavor--but as the previous poster mentioned it does drift into your mouth some (although I don't think that it does so enough to cause heartburn). Also, it's not really a "balm"--it's too slippery/shiny IMO. There isn't much "tint" to it, so I take one point off for not delivering in this area. Overall, nice quality and I would repurchase.