Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.3

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 12/2/2014 2:51:00 PM

I combination skin, classic T zone, dull, dewy, dehydrated cheeks, not dry or flaky. I have very sensitive skin and eyes.

After watching Lisa Eldridge videos etc I thought right I am trying this. ( She recommended not using the same product everyday) I use this every other day, morning and night.

When I first looked inside the tub I thought oh no, this looks like greasy in a tub, why did I waste so much money.
I scooped a small amount out (about a grape size) and gently massaged it onto to my skin ( heart beating at it reminded me of lard) I gently massaged it for around two minutes and then rinsed off with tepid water and patted dry. I then again repeated the grape sized balm and gentle massage over my face for 20 minutes and rinsed off the same.

I looked in the mirror and expected a greasy, shiny look, but it wasn't. My skin looked really clean, fresh, smooth to touch, none drying. I believed it was a fluke and expected to wake up with spots. I didn't I used it everyday for 5 days (was waiting on an order from La La Roche Posay so I could use both alternatively)
Within a week, people were commenting I looked well yet they couldn't put there finger on why. (I either looked dirty beforehand ha or it's this balm)

Up to now I am very happy, only dislike is the tub and I have to put my fingers into it. Apart from that a little goes along way. I takes all my make up off, day make up and night time (heavier make up) I think I have fount one of my cleansers, only taken 20 years ha.

Lovely feeling balm. Removes all make up traces beautifully.

on 11/24/2014 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a really effective makeup removing balm. It goes on extremely smooth (no gritty bits), removes makeup and can be washed off with water and your bare hands. It washes off better when the water is slightly warm. The skin is left extremely clean without making it squeaky clean or dry at all. I'm paranoid though, so I go over with a mild face wash. But on days I forget, it works just fine. I highly, highly recommend this product. It is un-fragranced, mild, affordable and extremely effective.

on 11/22/2014 8:13:00 AM

This is an excellent cleansing cream with a very thick consistency. You have to massage it in and then wash it down with water. It removes make-up very well, it's really mild and gentle to the skin, but can cause breakouts is you use it on its own. I think the reason for this is that I can't wash it down completely, no matter how hard I try. I follow it with La Roche Posay's Toleriane dermo-cleanser, and it works perfectly this way. I've tried a lot of cleansers, and I haven't found any which can be used on its own, so the need to pair it with another product is not a minus for me.

on 11/21/2014 10:58:00 PM

This stuff is amazing! I have normal to dry skin...its dry now because of winter but this stuff is silky smooth and doesn't make your skin feel greasy or oily when rinsed! Kind of pricey but just need a little bit so this jar will probably last a very long time.

Best cleanser ever!!

on 11/18/2014 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Just one lipstick for this one, because it completely ruined my skin during the time I was using it. Never has a product broke me out so badly like this one did - painful cystic pimples all over my chin that lasted for about 4 days and then left a huge dark mark behind them. The backheads on my nose got worst and I had small pimples on my cheeks too. However this did do a good job cleansing the skin and made it feel soft. The smell didn't bother me and the texture was like lard, but it did turn into a silky oil that was easy to remove with water. Once I stopped using this and switched to another cleansing balm (Balance Me) the break outs completely stopped and my skin cleared up.

Of course I would never buy it again because I don't want to have really soft skin with huge cystic pimples, I just want clear soft skin.

on 11/17/2014 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

One word... AMAZING! Used this for the first time today and it makes taking your makeup off a dream! It feels like an oily balm at first but melts all your makeup off beautifully. It doesn't leave an oily residue behind either. I have very dry skin and it left my skin feeing soft and smooth but thoroughly cleansed at the same time. Would definitely repurchase again

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Amazing cleansing balm! This is my first foray into the world of cleansing balms and I'm impressed. This removes every scrap of makeup and sunscreen and removes waterproof eye makeup like a charm. I've used cleansing oils in the past and this works similarly to a cleansing oil but is actually travel friendly and doesn't run down my arms.
The only thing preventing me from repurchasing is the absurdly high price ($55 in Australia. Waaaay too high a price for a makeup remover/pre cleanser).

on 11/1/2014 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Amazing!! My Father bought this for me, found out it is USD$28 but he's the best & this is so worth it (& I qualified for the GWP!). I use Clinique 3 step skincare (bar soap, oily skin cleanser, the #2 toner, dramatically diff moisturizing gel, all about eyes & this!). My skin has never looked better & this balm is so effective at taking off all my makeup & it's easy too. I just use a small amount rubbed into my face & then rub it off w a clean washcloth soaked in very hot water. That is all! I was surprised how much better (& easier) it is to remove all ur makeup w this than makeup remover wipes or baby wipes & how much the wipes don't actually remove. When I go over my face w the "2" toner there is nothing on the cotton round left over & I've not had a single blemish nor eye sties (from left over eye makeup!). I will definitely repurchase this product, I never want to be without this stuff neither, it's much better than a cold cream like ponds coz it doesn't clog my pores like ponds or albolene is too heavy for my blemish prone oily skin. It's gentle, unscented, no dyes that I can see, but this stuff works great & even if ur tired at night ladies you can manage this b4 falling exhausted into bed. My HG used to be Olé Henriksen orange wipes & while they are good this stuff is so superior. Usually when I find my HG it gets DC'ed so I hope this doesn't happen to me coz this is totally my HG. It dissolves oil, makeup, waterproof eye makeup, bacteria, just leaves ur skin so fresh, clean, not oily but not stripped, just perfect! It looks like it would travel well, I like the packaging it's classy typical Clinique. Just a lovely product. You need this in your life if you wear a full face of makeup on a regular basis like I do!!