Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.3

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have combination-oily skin and wear make-up most days. I love balms for make-up removal because it requires one step and absolutely no rubbing cotton pads or tissue over my sensitive lids. I do a second cleanse with a different cleanser.

I find this removes make-up better than any other balm I've tried. It looks like Crisco in the tub but a surprisingly small amount (20 p size) melts down quickly and takes off all my foundation, layers of wp mascara etc with no problems. I use a warm damp wash cloth to remove and found that splashing alone didn't really get the job done. Also, of all the balms I've tried, this leaves behind no oily residue at all. That is particularly welcome as we head into the warmer more humid months. If you wanted to use just this and no second cleanse it would probably be ok, but I always second cleanse (adult acne trauma made me hyper-vigilant to my skin care).

The packaging is very nice, plastic but substantial and the purple base and silver lid look pretty in my cabinet. I find the packaging manages to hold the product (no greasy lids etc, unlike Emma Hardie) and holds up well. The price of this product is very reasonable as compared with the rest of the balm market. It is more up front than its DS counterparts but the package contains much more than other tubs and you need less of this than any other balm I've tried. After two months of daily use I've just started to make a noticeable dent.

I really enjoy using the product. It has no scent at all but it feels very soft and not greasy as you work it into the skin. It has enough slip to give myself a good facial massage but rinses clean. It feels very luxurious to use and it works. I enjoy my skin care routine and this product fits in well. I can't recommend this enough. I give this 5 lippies on all counts and I will definitely buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a nice product. It gets makeup off very easily and is safe for sensitive skin. I like to use it in the shower to make sure that I get all of it off. If I use it outside of the shower I always follow up with a regular cleanser-- which may not be necessary since this product has never given me any irritation. Overall this does hydrate my skin, it neither gives nor prevents breakouts for me. In my experience however it does help to loosen blackheads.

The only complaint for me is that I don't like the slimy feeling (which is inevitable from a cleansing balm) and that I don't like to use it around my eyes. When rubbing it into my eyes it makes my vision cloudy (just until I rinse it off). Most days I just wear mascara and putting a little bit of this around my eyes combined with showering does the trick. However if I have a lot of eye makeup I would rather just use eye makeup remover because I don't like using around my eyes, but that may just be a personal preference.

I do like it, but after I run out I will probably try something new.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this stuff because of how gentle it is and you don't have to scrub to get your makeup off, it just rinses. It also doesn't dry out or irritate my already dry and irritated skin, yeah!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I really like this stuff. It's pricey but you use so little, it will last a long time. It sort of reminds me of coconut oil. I bought some cosmetic spatulas at Sally Beauty Supply to use to get the product out of the jar because I do not like dipping my finger into any jars with product in them. So, I scoop out a pea-size amount and just put a little at a time on my face, covering my whole face. I am extra gentle with distributing it and I don't rub it in. Turn on the warm water and rinse with your hands. That's it!

Now...for more information: I found out after I bought it that I have rosacea. My 2nd dermatologist (1st one was of no help whatsoever; a crime to even be charged in there!) recommended that I cleanse my face with CeraVe and use mineral make-up. Ok. So, I took the plunge and treated myself to both. I noticed that the CeraVe had the same consistency as Cetaphil but the ingredients are different. I thought it was cleaning all of the mineral make-up off because the mirror told me it did. But when I pat dry with my face towel, there was a little make-up on the towel. So, I didn't quite know what to do, as I was trying to be a compliant patient. But I was not big on using a washcloth every time to remove the makeup thoroughly, as I had been doing. Last night, I decided to get out my Cleansing Balm and remove my make-up first. Then, cleaned my face with the CeraVe. I was happy with that. I may not have even needed the CeraVe but I did it anyway.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product, i love cleansing balms in a tub because you get a huge amount and although it is generally expensive it's worth it because it lasts ages! I've had this product for several months and still haven't ran out, bearing in mind i don't use this everyday because i use it as a first cleanse when removing my makeup (i dont wear makeup everyday) i think it's a good, bog standard cleansing balm without any fragrance or nasties it's just a simple cleanser for people who react to products badly this would be a dream! Removes makeup like a dream

10/10

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love this so much! Its amazing would defo re purchase!

The BEST cleanser i've ever used (and i've used a few). It destroys make up, even waterproof, with ease. Leaves skin feeling clean, hydrated and soft.
If you only buy one product this year, make it this one!

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Best makeup remover ever! I wish they found a way to pack this in a pump bottle since I don't like sticking my fingers into the jar and I'm too lazy to use a spoon.

Product - Great cleansing balm. I rub dry fingers into the surface, then rub the balm onto my dry face. The balm warms up to an oil which smooths out easily over skin and unwanted makeup. Great at removing waterproof mascara. Non-irritating to skin or eyes. Even soothing for dry skin. Rinses away clean afterwards with just splashes of warm water - probably even faster if you use a washcloth - though you may need to repeat or at least rinse extra well for stubborn lipstick.

Packaging - Big wide flat tub, which is an ideal shape. Seems unnecessarily large to me, since you don't need much per use. It will take a very long time for me to use up a whole tub :) - so for sure it's a really good value for the money. I love that this is a solid, so I can put some in a smaller pot for travel and not worry about leakage.

Overall - Effective. Portable. A new staple/HG. continued >>

Just purchased my fourth (at least, I've lost count) tub of this. Unheard of for me to repurchase something so many times. Makeup removal is so simple since I discovered balm/oil cleansing and I haven't looked back. This is one of the best of the bunch, worth every dollar. I've got combination (oily but can be dehydrated) skin with hormonal acne and can be sensitive, and this stuff has improved my skin out of sight simply due to its deep cleansing properties. The texture is a little odd if you haven't used a balm before, it's like solid coconut oil. Scoop a bit out with your finger, rub between your hand and it turns into a greasy buttery texture, massage over your face and your makeup basically falls off. It doesn't sting eyes and will get the toughest mascaras off (benefit they're real!) too. It will emulsify into a milk with water and is best removed with a face washer/cloth.