September 3, 2014 | 1392 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Smashbox - Backdrop Cooling Tint

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2005 9:22:00 PM More reviews by jdkit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was using Stila Illuminating Liquid Foundation for a while and decided to switch over to a tinted moisturizer with SPF. A MA from Sephora recommended that I try Smashbox out. I bought a 4, which matches perfectly with a slightly tanned skintone. It's oil-free moisturizer with sunblock and evens out my skintone without looking like a plastic doll. I didn't even noticed that I had it on! I even felt the breezy sensation on my skin even after 20 minutes of having it on! I went to work with it and it stays intact until I come home. I would definitely recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2005 9:11:00 PM More reviews by lisabell10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best tinted moisturizer I have found. I Love the cooling sensation, especially in the summertime in Texas! If you put this on after the primer, it is amazing. If you use it alone, it tends to fade a bit as the day goes on. However, it's fast and sheer and feels great -- I will def. repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2005 8:32:00 PM More reviews by cruzan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is great! I am very picky with my foundation and absolutely love this product. It is a great sheer foundation for the summer and when used with their wet/dry powder foundation as a powder on top, it give a beautiful fawless face. Living in NC, it is very hot and humid, and when I get in my car and turn on the air conditioning the cooling agent in the foundation feel wonderful. Gives you at little secret you know that only you are experiencing!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2005 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Dawnie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have Backdrop in 02, and was wondering if 03 exists? Anyway, it's very sheer so 02 is fine. I paint this spf 15 tint on with a foundation brush, and it's important to use your concealer in the eye area first. I accidentally painted a bit of the cooling elements into my concealer one time- let's just say this stuff does not go around the eye area! (kinda burns, ironically) But I find that it really does help in this Southern heat- when my face heats up and begins to perspire, in those very areas I feel the cooling sensation for the better part of the day! With global warming, I say more products should be cooling to the skin. This is a neat product for sheer coverage and spf in hot weather with an extra feature that can be helpful for anyone who gets overheated easily. ( I am a combo/ sensitive skin type, mac nc20-25 with yellow and pink undertones. I use mac blot powder over this and it lasts all day.) cooling sensation, as per Sephora = cucumber and aloe extracts. $28 US for 1.8 oz, 51.8 ml and has an expiration date. IMO it smells like oranges (has melissa leaf extract and citirc acid listed as ingredients)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2005 11:27:00 AM More reviews by sydklg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HUGE RAVE for this in the Smashing Zero color, which is sheer. I bought this at my Sephora after seeing it on QVC. It is EXACTLY what I have been searching for ever since this whole "dewy, luminous" thing started. It is NOT a shimmer or opalescent creme like the Becca SSP or Benefit Moonbeam or Highbeam or shimmerbricks, or ANYTHING LIKE THAT. It is the ONLY product I have found that makes you look like you are glowing FROM THE INSIDE with NO visible shimmer or sheen. Amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2005 11:40:00 PM More reviews by desiree_e

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm so glad I discovered this stuff! I generally don't wear any makeup on my face, and that includes tinted moisturiser, but lately I'd been wanting something sort of sheer to help even out, like this stuff. It's not a tinted moisturiser, so I apply it over that with a sponge. It is VERY sheer, so I got a shade darker than my pale-ass skin and it looks just fine. I love the cooling sensation, which kicks in about ten-15 minutes after application and lasts literally HOURS on my face! Honestly, I can't wait to use this in july and august. the summer in new york city can be a killer and this stuff will be my saviour this year! I'm not very sensitive to things like this, but others might find the cooling sensation a bit much, and it can burn near the eyes a little. Love that it has spf15! Can this stuff be beat, for the summer, in a slimy, smoggy, steamy hot city where you spend hours walking or melting in the subway? Probably not.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2005 1:32:00 AM More reviews by HamHamGurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Edit: realized that this product is only good if you have almost perfect skin. It provides no coverage at all, I am going back to my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer.

Great product. Very sheer and light weight with SPF 15. Perfect for daily wear in the summer. I've compared this with tinted moisturizer from Laura Mercier, Stila, Clinique, Clarins, Chanel and Smashbox is the best among them. Does not provide coverage tho but that's the natural look I want. The cooling sensation helps wake me up in the morning too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2005 3:35:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I really like this for the first hour after I put it on. It's extremely sheer, glides on easily and I do get a really nice cooling sensation when I use it (watch it around the eyes...it's REALLY uncomfortable if you get it in your eyes). The colors are really nice (I use medium 4 on my medium olive skin) and it's blends perfectly. Unfortunately, it starts to sink into my skin and accentuate my pores after a short time (I have combo skin that can be really oily in summer, which is when I would want to wear this daily). I probably won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2004 5:25:00 AM More reviews by nfmp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This feels great going on, light and cool. I also have very sensitive skin and this hasn't caused any rashes or breakouts. The color is great, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2004 10:30:00 PM More reviews by widdy

Nice lightweight tinted moisturizer. Does not change color on me or make my face an oily mess. Provides just enough coverage to even out skin. Great for hot, humid Texas summer! Has an expiration date on tube - It will be difficult to use all of it before it expires!