July 23, 2014 | 2067 users online

Sunscreen - Skinceuticals - Daily Sun Defense

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2004 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Jaee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Was excited to try this sunscreen - but boy, it hurt!! Stung my skin and by the end of the day my face was red. Have to return it - unfortunately!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2004 12:57:00 PM More reviews by lobsterh4h

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a wonderful product under makeup, and I've gone through quite a few tubes, but the UVA protection just isn't high enough to use it again. This stinks, too, because I've never found a sunscreen that worked as well as this one as a makeup base.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2004 11:34:00 AM More reviews by flyfly

It is the best sunblock product I had ever used. I have very sensitive skin that is easily irritated by oily sunscreen. however this sunscreen didn't irritate me at all, it gives radiant look for me as well. Excellent~!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2004 10:51:00 AM More reviews by mimimakeup

This is a great product that seems to suit most skin types.I work as a make up artist and have been long searching for a sunblock that does not irritate, is long lasting and is good as a make up base. This seems to fit my criteria. Models are always asking what I have used as they like the light, non clogging texture.As I am often working with the same model on trips for a week or more, it is essential that their skin remains in good condition.This product lives up to my expectations.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2004 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I purchased this based on the comments here and elsewhere about it being the best sunscreen for the face. I can't usually tolerate sunscreens because they either irritate my skin or make it unbearably greasy, or leave a horrid white cast. Well, so far I have to say this is the best, in that it goes on smoothly and leaves my skin looking mostly matte and not like I am wearing any sunscreen at all. It feels like wearing nothing on my face. While it has no obvious white cast, I have noticed that my skin appears ever so slightly paler with this on, but in a good way (!?) It appears to even out my skin tone slightly. The only reasons I have not given it a five are (1) makeup doesn't go on over it as well as over regular moisturiser (it ends up looking a bit heavier), and (2) I've now heard that this does not offer the best UVA protection... however, I will continue to use this as a daily sunscreen and choose something stronger should I go on a tropical holiday... By the way I haven't used this continuously for very long as yet so I can't comment on breakouts, but fingers crossed!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2004 11:28:00 PM More reviews by jjshin81

I had purchased this from Ebay at a reasonable price. I was looking for a good quality sunscreen, and many sources indicated this to be one of the best. I certainly can't disagree, but I must admit I don't have anything to which to compare. The creamy lotion absorbs quickly into the skin and does not leave any white cast or cause blemishes. I now realize that the SPF 20 may be somewhat deficient in good UVA/UVB protection (thus the four), but for now, this has become an important part of my skincare routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2004 5:28:00 PM More reviews by mineren

The is for the spf 20. Much to my surprise a good product, does not leave a cast, and is somewhat matte. Since this is winter, and even tho I am N-O, I still need a little moisturizer underneath, which the instructions actually recommends. Overall, a good product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2003 1:39:00 PM More reviews by trish527

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good product, as is the Skinceuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 45. I would purchase both again, but the Ultimate UV is better, imho. I just wish they were both cheaper. Will repurchase for summer.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2003 1:22:00 AM More reviews by annelau

I have used the SPF 20 one. Its texture is great, not too heavy, non-greasy but just enough for my normal to dry skin and very mild. I even use it after the laser treatment. It gives me semi matte finish. But I have heard it does not provide the best UVA protection and its price is pretty high in Hong Kong, so I only give it 4 stars. But I would still repurchase as there are not much choice of good sunscreen in Hong Kong, (others I want to try are Dior Snow and Lancome) and its texture is great. No wonder Allure picks it this year as star sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2003 8:38:00 AM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this on my face (although not everday like I should). I have really sensitive skin which tends to be on the dry side. This doesn't burn or itch my face like most sunscreens tend to do on me, and it hasn't made me break out at all. Also, most sunscreens tend to leave a whiteish cast but this one doesn't at all, it doesn't leave my skin greasy either. Big rave from me on this one!