Philosophy Candy Cane 3-in-1

4.2

on 1/18/2006 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I received this for Christmas and love it! As with all Philosophy 3-in-1s the consistency and lather and very rich, thick, and non-drying. The candy cane scent is yummy! The candy cane scent is exactly like the real thing. I also love the cooling sensation that the peppermint leaves behind. Very invigorating. :-)

on 12/31/2005 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is a big hit in our household. I purchased two of the 32oz pump-bottles from QVC and we all love it. It makes the whole bathroom and nearby rooms smell of peppermint. Lathers nicely and is just overall really nice. The scent is nice and clean, not overly sweet. A big hit for us!

on 12/26/2005 4:58:00 AM

I LOVE this stuff! It's one of the only philosophy scents that doesn't smell different on your skin than in the bottle. It smells like sweet peppermint and i love the thick white texture. This and gingerbread man are my two faves!!! Stocking up before its gone!

on 12/21/2005 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Smells just like candy canes. Perfect scent for the christmas time:)

on 12/10/2005 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As the previous reviewer states, this is NOT a 3-in-1. It is a bubble bath and shower gel. It does smell just like a candy cane, which puts me in the holiday mood! It isn't minty enough to tingle on my skin, though. As I've experienced with other Philosophy shower gels, the fragrance does not extend beyond my time in the bathroom. The only one that does is Amazing Grace, and that's probably because I layer it with the moisturizer afterwards. I really appreciate the pearly-white color of this product. I gave up using Spiced Apple Cider because I found the color revolting, especially since it started staining my shower interior. All-in-all this is a nice holiday treat to give as a give or keep for yourself.

on 12/6/2005 11:13:00 AM

The bottle I have just says "Bubble Bath and Shower Gel," so I wouldn't use this as shampoo. That said, I love it. It smells exactly like a candy cane - sweet and minty. Feels tingly while showering, which is always a good thing. :)

on 12/4/2005 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I got this as a freebie with an order from Philosophy's website. I really didn't like the menthol-y feeling, and it made my skin itch like an allergic reaction. No thank you!

on 12/3/2005 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

A sweet, fresh, refreshing, and energizing peppermint scent, just like a candy cane, with great lather and an adorable bottle. Thumbs up.

on 11/30/2005 3:07:00 PM

Love the smell and as a body wash but as a bubble bath it sucks! It only has minimal bubbles and they disappear before the water is through running. I would buy it just to use as a shower gel, though.

on 11/30/2005 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I think this is an okay Philosophy bath gel - I never use any of these as a shampoo or to make a bubble bath. Candy Cane comes in a really cute striped plastic jar so I think it would make a nice Christmas present. The scent is a nice but not overwhelming peppermint without anything sickeningly sweet about it. This shower gel seems thicker than others I have tried by Philosophy so I think this jar will last longer than some of my other Philosophy 3 in 1 gels (but the cost on this is a couple of dollars more so you don't really save any money). Like another reviewer mentioned I think that pepperment makes more sense in the summer when the weather is hot as opposed to the winter when I don't need to feel cool in the shower. All in all I can't count this among my favorites of Philosophy shower gels and I won't repurchase.