April 20, 2014 | 1729 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Candy Cane 3-in-1

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2005 4:58:00 AM More reviews by rosieee

I LOVE this stuff! It's one of the only philosophy scents that doesn't smell different on your skin than in the bottle. It smells like sweet peppermint and i love the thick white texture. This and gingerbread man are my two faves!!! Stocking up before its gone!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2005 12:05:00 PM More reviews by jordand121089

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells just like candy canes. Perfect scent for the christmas time:)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2005 3:58:00 PM More reviews by mers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

As the previous reviewer states, this is NOT a 3-in-1. It is a bubble bath and shower gel. It does smell just like a candy cane, which puts me in the holiday mood! It isn't minty enough to tingle on my skin, though. As I've experienced with other Philosophy shower gels, the fragrance does not extend beyond my time in the bathroom. The only one that does is Amazing Grace, and that's probably because I layer it with the moisturizer afterwards. I really appreciate the pearly-white color of this product. I gave up using Spiced Apple Cider because I found the color revolting, especially since it started staining my shower interior. All-in-all this is a nice holiday treat to give as a give or keep for yourself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2005 11:13:00 AM More reviews by RucaRita

The bottle I have just says "Bubble Bath and Shower Gel," so I wouldn't use this as shampoo. That said, I love it. It smells exactly like a candy cane - sweet and minty. Feels tingly while showering, which is always a good thing. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2005 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Hitchy01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a freebie with an order from Philosophy's website. I really didn't like the menthol-y feeling, and it made my skin itch like an allergic reaction. No thank you!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2005 9:39:00 PM More reviews by uplate6674

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

A sweet, fresh, refreshing, and energizing peppermint scent, just like a candy cane, with great lather and an adorable bottle. Thumbs up.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2005 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Carissa848

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love the smell and as a body wash but as a bubble bath it sucks! It only has minimal bubbles and they disappear before the water is through running. I would buy it just to use as a shower gel, though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2005 2:10:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this is an okay Philosophy bath gel - I never use any of these as a shampoo or to make a bubble bath. Candy Cane comes in a really cute striped plastic jar so I think it would make a nice Christmas present. The scent is a nice but not overwhelming peppermint without anything sickeningly sweet about it. This shower gel seems thicker than others I have tried by Philosophy so I think this jar will last longer than some of my other Philosophy 3 in 1 gels (but the cost on this is a couple of dollars more so you don't really save any money). Like another reviewer mentioned I think that pepperment makes more sense in the summer when the weather is hot as opposed to the winter when I don't need to feel cool in the shower. All in all I can't count this among my favorites of Philosophy shower gels and I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2005 10:11:00 PM More reviews by AlisaG

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The scent is divine and as a shower/bath gel, it is pleasant, though there's not dense lather. It will leave your skin cool, refreshed and tingly. When I use it, I get a mild case of "the chills".....I can see this being something I would find more appropriate for summer use, vs. when the weather is wintery! *LOL*

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2005 9:02:00 PM More reviews by edenssixthday

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

To respond to what another reviewer said below, Philosophy Candy Cane Bubble Bath and Shower Gel is indeed a 3-in-1. Two of the Nordstrom's Philosophy SAs told me that all Philosophy bubble bath and shower gels are also shampoos, even if the bottle onlys says "bubble bath and shower gel." [Edit: I just checked the Philosophy website, and it also says it's a"shampoo, shower gel, and bubble bath.]

All that aside, this is an excellent product! IA little goes a veeeery long way, so the price is almost tolerable...almost. I bought it because of friend of mine has raved about it, so when I saw it was selling again this season, I picked it up. Wow, it's like bathing in a melted candy cane -- without the stickiness. One of the fun parts of it is that the mintiness makes your skin not only tingly, but it feels chilly, even though it's not. When I took a bath and used this product, I kept having to add hot water to the tub, despite the fact the tub was plenty hot already. Speaking of baths, the one thing I don't like about this, and the reason I took off a lippie, is that as a bubble bath, it sucks. It takes such a hugely incredible amount of this product to create a mediocre level of bubbles, that I can't justify using it for that. I have had this exact same problem with the two other Philosophy 3-in-1s that I've tried as a bubble bath. But as a shower gel, I love it. Great stuff. Next, I will be trying it as a shampoo, and anticipate it will be just as wonderful. But if not, I'll be sure to let you know! continued >>