October 25, 2014 | 1797 users online

Liquid - American Beauty - Perfectly Even Natural Finish Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2009 2:35:00 AM More reviews by ricerice

This foundation provides great coverage without the thick mask-like look. My skin has the tendency to be come VERY oily at the end of the day, but i was surprised to find that even though my skin was oily, the coverage was still there! Lasts all day, so much better than revlon colorstay foundation (which i hate because it's so think and dry). You can get the same amount of coverage with a much natural finish with this foundation. Will buy again, i've actually bought a back up!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 11:27:00 AM More reviews by netmom1

I've finally found my HG! Today I went back for my second bottle, which rarely happened with others. This foundation feels light and covers beautifully. It also looks as good at the end of the day as it did when I first put it on. I do use the Smashbox clear primer under it so that is probably helping. Great range of colors too!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2009 3:02:00 AM More reviews by katield

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my new HG foundation. Something about this brand struck me as being for more "mature" skin but even though I'm only 23 I decided to try it out at Kohl's. I'm so glad that I did!

It's very light yet has good coverage, the price is right - only $15 for an average sized bottle - and their shades are much less pink than a lot of similarly priced brands. Makes my skin look FLAWLESS, I'm serious. It's almost too good to be true.

Almost. It has horrible packaging - twist off cap and a big gaping glass mouth. This might work for people who use foundation sponges and whatnot but I use my hands and it's super annoying. Normally I'd take off a lippie but this foundation is actually such a great deal that I don't really mind. It would be a dream come true if it came in a squeeze bottle or something. One can only hope.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2008 3:50:00 PM More reviews by jeanki

I tried this foundation because of the positive reviews and good price point, but found it just average. On the good side, it has a decent color range, nice neutral/yellow toned colors, and the price is good. It doesn't have sunscreen, which I actually like, fewer extra ingredients that can break me out. I don't like the glass bottle packaging because it forces me to pour out a larger amount than I typically need at a time. The coverage is very sheer-natural which is good, but I found the texture too silicony/wet. It felt like it was just sitting on top of my skin instead of melding in, and yet it also felt kind of greasy and made my skin turn markedly oilier/shinier with time and wore off quickly. It doesn't seem to break me out, but feels like it could, because of the oiliness. This might be better for dry skin instead of combination. I was much happier with Estee Lauder's Individualist foundation instead. Just an average foundation, you get what you pay for.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2008 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Arayla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I tend to stray from foundations with SPF in them because they break me out (somehow moisturizers with SPF don't bother me though). If I don't have some kind of sun protection on, this makes my skin more sensitive to the sun. Weird. The color's good for me (NC15 in MAC fdtn.). Coverage is more natural but it covers the redness in my cheeks so I can actually wear blush. Just make sure you have a good concealer because it doesn't cover dark circles or pimples very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by msjules

I have been on a foundation quest for over a year. I had finally resigned myself to the notion that if I could at least find a decent color match that I would adapt to any other short comings. Well, I am pleased to say that this foundation is wonderful in most all respects. It is very blendable, has a dewy looking finish and has a buildable application. Initially I did not think it covered all that great, but with some tweaking with a concealer and pressed powder, it looks just fabulous. I would say that this is for normal to dry skin and has a light to medium coverage. I basically applied with my fingers and blended out with a sponge.(a foundation brush would be great I am sure, but I find them tedious.)

The most impressive thing is the color! I got the Fair/Cool and it is perfect---I have NEVER been able to say that. I noticed all their colors look human without the absurd pink or yellow extremes. The other thing I love about it is that most foundations accentuate any wrinkles, but this trully does not.

The staying power is adequate as far as I can tell. It does not have any SPF, which I was fine with...as I think this is what makes most foundations go all wonky on me. I applied this stuff straight away after purchasing, went to the gym, made supper, typed this review and I still look gorgeous. :-) Some may find the packaging annoying--the glass bottle, no pump, etc, but it suits me just fine.

This week at Kohls, all the American Beauty makeup is 20% off, so basically I got department store quality for drug store prices. As has been mentioned, sampling product is painless, they have nice displays, testers galore and no sales people hovering.

Yesterday, I had sampled Merle Norman foundation. I will say the AB is not quite on par with MN...as my skin looked virtually flawless, but for less than a third of the price of MN, it is quite nice.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2008 10:47:00 AM More reviews by calanthe

I used this in the summer and for greasy skin, it's like applying a layer of frizz-ease serum to your face. Yuck. It doesn't cover any of my ruddiness or imperfections. The bottle sucks but I'm not sure a pump would save this stuff. I could always feel it sitting on my face. They do have a good color range for light-skinned women, but if you have issues with acne, avoid this foundation. (I would say avoid foundation altogether which is what cleared me up). Anyhoo, I had to use so much pressed powder to get this stuff to stay on that I ended up breaking out even though I'd just finished Accutane. If you have normal, non-reactive skin with no pores or zits, knock yourself out. But then again, why waste your money on this if you already have nice skin?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2008 2:03:00 AM More reviews by kay11700

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this! If you like natural coverage from a foundation this is great! Although the salespeople arent pushy (theyre not commission based) they can help you find the perfect shade. Just make sure this is the right foundation for your skin type... Even though it's oil free it may be too heavy for my skin in the summer when Im more oily. It lasts all day too! (it also helps to exfoliate regularly) Can't beat the price either!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2007 4:50:00 AM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I also love that you can sample this with out anyone bothering you. They also provide remover so that you can sample as many as you like. This foundation has the perfect amount of coverage, doesn't feel all masky. I like it a alot and the price is great!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2007 6:56:00 PM More reviews by kei_fujo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i have only used this for a few days but i will be returning it. i was hesitant to get it, but the sa talked me into it since i could return it. thank god. i'm used to revlon colorstay. she told me that the coverage and staying power would be very similiar and it is not. i feel like it melts off my face even though i can still tell it's on. hard to explain. and i feel like it makes me look pale, but the color is right on the mark. back to my colorstay!!