October 31, 2014 | 976 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by 1Bruce1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HG! Fantastic product! I've been experimenting with all kinds of oils, and this one is clearly the winner. I have sensitive skin that reacts very unhappily to many products, but this one actually seems to soothe it and reduce redness. I pour a small amount into my hands, rub them together and then pat them on my face. It sinks in fairly quickly for an oil, but I do have to wait a few minutes to put anything else on my face. If I've applied too much or am in a hurry, I just blot off the excess with a tissue. It leaves my face soft, happy, and seems to have balanced out any oiliness in my skin. Also awesome as an add-on to body lotion; just a few drops mixed in my hand, and my skin is sooo soft. I plan on trying this on my hair next, and in an OCM recipe. Note: as another reviewer mentioned, the Aura Cacia brand makes it hard to just get a few drops at a time. I end up rubbing the excess into my hands, but I might decant it into a different bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

I bought this to use on my hair. I add essential oils (rosemary, lavendar, peppermint) and put this on my scalp, sometimes with coconut oil. Then I put just almond and coconut on the rest of the hair length. I leave this for a few hours and shampoo. I notice it's softer afterwards, and more moisturized. You have to be careful to get enough out or it does feel a bit oily, but I have dry hair so it works well. I have tried this as a leave in on dry hair and it was too much. I also tried it as an eye cream and it made my vision blurry (just like the coconut) so I switched to vaseline for that. (Also increases lash growth) I find jojoba does a good job of makeup removing but haven't tried this. I also am scared to use it as a moisturizer on my face. If I ever do, I'll update. But for a hair mask I find it's the best. I did try one half with almond and one half with jojoba and the result was that the almond side was softer.

Update: I have found better conditioning treatments so I haven't done oil masks as much, however oils are still great for so many reasons. If you play with the ratios you can make great skin products (or add small amounts to existing washes/creams/shampoos). You just have to watch out because too much oil might cause issues. You really only need drops when dealing with skin on the face. I am tempted to use some of this on my face now, because the oils help with flakes much more than creams (IMO). They also go bad if you get too large a bottle which happened to me. I think mine spoiled. So be aware of that too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yes, yes, yes! I had a long love affair with my beloved jojoba oil but was wooed away by this, which is slightly more moisturizing and is cheaper. I also think it plays better with others—in the mornings I mix this with moisturizer and foundation to make my own tinted moisturizer, and I prefer using this over jojoba oil, although both are fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 7:57:00 AM More reviews by dowagerprincess17

Okay, this one is a HG. A keeper for life. I use this only for my hair and it has made a really biggg difference. I am too scared to use it on my acne prone face and it did not work for my undereye circles.But for my hair just loves this

Here is how I use it : I take a tbsp of SAO, a tbsp of Coconut Oil, 8-10 drops of Rosemary oil. I massage this cocktail to my scalp and on to my hair shafts. I leave it on for atleast 3-4 hours depending on the time I have. I wash it later.

Results : Smooth,shiny, hydrated hair. I have black hair but when it is dry it looks kind of brownish. After I started using this, my hair was more darker, no frizz,was hydrated - basically, undercontrol.
This is just amazing !! I cant stress this enough. It basically made my transition to going naturally curly much easier.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by cattitude

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This makes a great massage oil.

It also removes eye makeup better than drugstore-brand eye makeup remover... and unlike the cheap stuff, it doesn't irritate my eyes.

p.s. I do NOT recommend Aura Cacia brand due to their poor packaging designs. If you don't squeeze hard enough, none comes out. If you squeeze too hard, it squirts out everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by aessop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love this oil!! I was always told that oil is bad for your face. However my mom started using it on her skin after she developed psoriasis on her body. Her psoriasis has clamed down after using this. I had a rash on my eyelid a while back and was desperate. So I took some of her oil and applied to that area. Within a few days it was gone. I then started applying it to my eye area and eventually my entire face and neck to see what would happen. My face just drank it in. I love the nutty smell and my face just looked so calm and healthy and the skin so plump. I then created my own mix by adding a bit of grapseed oil to it because I'd heard a rumour that grapeseed oil is full of anti-oxidants. I'm not sure if its true, but the combination of the two oils made my face look even more smooth, even and radiant. I kept looking looking at myself in the mirror. Any redness I'd had with before that completley disappeared. My eyes were hydrated and I just looked sooo good and well...younger. How could two such cheap products do so much??? I wanted throw away my Estee Lauder ANR, my expensive toner and every other crap that I was using so I could carry on with it but I had a decleor hamper that's been sitting in my cupboard for months now. So I've put the face oil away for now and started using the aromaessence rose d'orient serum. It's been three days now and I can feel and see that my skin is slowly regressing to the crap it was before. But that's for another post. Anyways, to go on to how I use this product: Immediately after washing my face, I add a few drops of this oil and grapeseed oil to the moist palm of hand, walm it up and gently massage it with my fingertips into my facial skin. I make sure that my face is also still slightly moist to make the spreading easier. I then pat a bit around my entire eye area. After a few minutes, I then add my eye cream and my EL Verite moisturiser. And that's it. No toner and other serums. Just this. And my face looked wayyyyy better than when I was using all that other stuff. EL and everyone else can go hang themselves. Us women are definitely being duped. My only problem now is that I'll probably end up using all that "other stuff" just so that it doesn't go to waste. After that, it's back to the oils. UPDATE 16 Jan 2013; Still loving it. I stopped using it as a face oil because I was missing Estee Lauders ANR and kept using it as an eye serum. Best choice I ever made. I don't have any eye circles or discolouration around my eyes anymore. I got so many compliments about how amazing my eyes look that I recommended it to my best friend who had horrible under eye circles all her life. She's now stopped using the expensive Prevage eye cream and her circles have lightened so much that she's stopped using concealer.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 4:55:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

It clogs my pores, it gives me pimples and irritates my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 3:15:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I have extremely dry skin due to a medical condition that causes all my moisture glands to cease functioning. I no longer produce a natural moisture barrier on my skin, nor can any product, natural or otherwise, duplicate the one the body normally produces. I mention this in skin care reviews because if a product helps my skin, given the severity of dryness I deal with, it may be beneficial to those who experiece some problems with dryness as well. I have used this product for a little more than 2 weeks now and will update if my opinion changes over time. This has become a go to product for me because I can use it to remove makeup, "cleanse" with, and moisturize both face, and/or body, and hair.

I apply some on on my face, gently massage in, then remoce with dampened cotton round, or just soap up directly on top of the SAO, then rinse well. I apply a few drops to my cleansed skin and spread to distribute. My skin is not acne prone but I still get clogged pores that manifest in small bumps, especially atop my cheeks. Because oils dissolve oils this helps break up those clogs and my upper cheek area feels and looks very smooth. I experience no irritation, nor negative sensations such as burning, itching, that I felt as a reaction to a few other oils.

I can discern no scent whatsoever. This oil is not very "oily," nor greasy per se, though not a dry oil to me either. When I apply on damp skin it sinks in and my face feels moisturized, soft, calm, no tightness which I normally feel unless I use a more occlusive moisturizer.

I can apply to my hair for some shine without looking like I have greasy hair. However, keep in mind it still is an oil so a dab'll do ya, a spoonful will result in Wessonality (remember the old commercial about cooking in corn oil?!;).

I put a few drops in a spray mister with water and use over my mu to set and take away any powderiness. I have another little travel sized spray bottle with water, SAO, and a little of a calming moisturizer. I keep this by me at home and spritz my face when it feels especially dry (which is often).

This is not a cure all that will drive your kids to school, fix the economic crisis or bring about world peace, nor relieve one of every skin care woe. For some with dryness this may well fill a niche. That's why I use various oils to meet various needs of mine. But it is a nice, useful product for me for both its versatility and that it feels rather inocuous. Meaning like the oath doctors take, it "first does no harm." I've wanted an oil that was benign, for so long, that would amp up lotions and potions in colder weather, easy to find, little to no scent, decent price, would not make me look like a candle dripping wax, caused no redness nor irritation and could be used on my whole face. This fulfills those needs and expectations nicely. I own the NOW brand SWO by the way, not sure how the product varies brand to brand. As always, "your mileage may vary," and I can only attest to how my skin has reacted to SWO. Always do a patch test to see if you will have an adverse reaction to a product. If an oil you buy turns out to be ill-suited for your face you it may be better suited for your body, or hair (or both), cuticles, feet etc. For me personally its why I find oils to be a good value. I do like knowing this is not laden with chemicals, that said its not my reason for trying it, just an added benefit. I don't think "all natural" products are necessarily better for our skin. I simply try what I think is best suited for my skin and hope I've madd good choices, this one certaily seems to be!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by missingyoo2

I originally bought this to help with my under eye circles, but after three months I didn't notice any difference. It did, however, make my eyelashes grow longer and thicker.

This doesn't work for me as an all over facial moisturizer, because it sits on top of my skin rather than soaking in. It also made me break out along my jawline, where I never break out.

It works great for a hot oil hair treatment though, and left my hair feeling soft and healthy. I was worried about potential hair loss because of other reviews, but I haven't been losing any more hair than normal.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2012 6:41:00 AM More reviews by anayaafter

Almond oil is a great moisturizer for sensitive skin. I`ve had a good experience with this product but i feel it takes time to absorb into the skin. Maybe i should`ve exfoliated well before application. Prefer using it at night, giving the oil enough time to get absorbed. Best for under eye area.