August 30, 2014 | 1578 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yes, yes, yes! I had a long love affair with my beloved jojoba oil but was wooed away by this, which is slightly more moisturizing and is cheaper. I also think it plays better with others—in the mornings I mix this with moisturizer and foundation to make my own tinted moisturizer, and I prefer using this over jojoba oil, although both are fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 7:57:00 AM More reviews by dowagerprincess17

Okay, this one is a HG. A keeper for life. I use this only for my hair and it has made a really biggg difference. I am too scared to use it on my acne prone face and it did not work for my undereye circles.But for my hair just loves this

Here is how I use it : I take a tbsp of SAO, a tbsp of Coconut Oil, 8-10 drops of Rosemary oil. I massage this cocktail to my scalp and on to my hair shafts. I leave it on for atleast 3-4 hours depending on the time I have. I wash it later.

Results : Smooth,shiny, hydrated hair. I have black hair but when it is dry it looks kind of brownish. After I started using this, my hair was more darker, no frizz,was hydrated - basically, undercontrol.
This is just amazing !! I cant stress this enough. It basically made my transition to going naturally curly much easier.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by cattitude

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This makes a great massage oil.

It also removes eye makeup better than drugstore-brand eye makeup remover... and unlike the cheap stuff, it doesn't irritate my eyes.

p.s. I do NOT recommend Aura Cacia brand due to their poor packaging designs. If you don't squeeze hard enough, none comes out. If you squeeze too hard, it squirts out everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by aessop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love this oil!! I was always told that oil is bad for your face. However my mom started using it on her skin after she developed psoriasis on her body. Her psoriasis has clamed down after using this. I had a rash on my eyelid a while back and was desperate. So I took some of her oil and applied to that area. Within a few days it was gone. I then started applying it to my eye area and eventually my entire face and neck to see what would happen. My face just drank it in. I love the nutty smell and my face just looked so calm and healthy and the skin so plump. I then created my own mix by adding a bit of grapseed oil to it because I'd heard a rumour that grapeseed oil is full of anti-oxidants. I'm not sure if its true, but the combination of the two oils made my face look even more smooth, even and radiant. I kept looking looking at myself in the mirror. Any redness I'd had with before that completley disappeared. My eyes were hydrated and I just looked sooo good and well...younger. How could two such cheap products do so much??? I wanted throw away my Estee Lauder ANR, my expensive toner and every other crap that I was using so I could carry on with it but I had a decleor hamper that's been sitting in my cupboard for months now. So I've put the face oil away for now and started using the aromaessence rose d'orient serum. It's been three days now and I can feel and see that my skin is slowly regressing to the crap it was before. But that's for another post. Anyways, to go on to how I use this product: Immediately after washing my face, I add a few drops of this oil and grapeseed oil to the moist palm of hand, walm it up and gently massage it with my fingertips into my facial skin. I make sure that my face is also still slightly moist to make the spreading easier. I then pat a bit around my entire eye area. After a few minutes, I then add my eye cream and my EL Verite moisturiser. And that's it. No toner and other serums. Just this. And my face looked wayyyyy better than when I was using all that other stuff. EL and everyone else can go hang themselves. Us women are definitely being duped. My only problem now is that I'll probably end up using all that "other stuff" just so that it doesn't go to waste. After that, it's back to the oils. UPDATE 16 Jan 2013; Still loving it. I stopped using it as a face oil because I was missing Estee Lauders ANR and kept using it as an eye serum. Best choice I ever made. I don't have any eye circles or discolouration around my eyes anymore. I got so many compliments about how amazing my eyes look that I recommended it to my best friend who had horrible under eye circles all her life. She's now stopped using the expensive Prevage eye cream and her circles have lightened so much that she's stopped using concealer.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 4:55:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

It clogs my pores, it gives me pimples and irritates my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 3:15:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I have extremely dry skin due to a medical condition that causes all my moisture glands to cease functioning. I no longer produce a natural moisture barrier on my skin, nor can any product, natural or otherwise, duplicate the one the body normally produces. I mention this in skin care reviews because if a product helps my skin, given the severity of dryness I deal with, it may be beneficial to those who experiece some problems with dryness as well. I have used this product for a little more than 2 weeks now and will update if my opinion changes over time. This has become a go to product for me because I can use it to remove makeup, "cleanse" with, and moisturize both face, and/or body, and hair.

I apply some on on my face, gently massage in, then remoce with dampened cotton round, or just soap up directly on top of the SAO, then rinse well. I apply a few drops to my cleansed skin and spread to distribute. My skin is not acne prone but I still get clogged pores that manifest in small bumps, especially atop my cheeks. Because oils dissolve oils this helps break up those clogs and my upper cheek area feels and looks very smooth. I experience no irritation, nor negative sensations such as burning, itching, that I felt as a reaction to a few other oils.

I can discern no scent whatsoever. This oil is not very "oily," nor greasy per se, though not a dry oil to me either. When I apply on damp skin it sinks in and my face feels moisturized, soft, calm, no tightness which I normally feel unless I use a more occlusive moisturizer.

I can apply to my hair for some shine without looking like I have greasy hair. However, keep in mind it still is an oil so a dab'll do ya, a spoonful will result in Wessonality (remember the old commercial about cooking in corn oil?!;).

I put a few drops in a spray mister with water and use over my mu to set and take away any powderiness. I have another little travel sized spray bottle with water, SAO, and a little of a calming moisturizer. I keep this by me at home and spritz my face when it feels especially dry (which is often).

This is not a cure all that will drive your kids to school, fix the economic crisis or bring about world peace, nor relieve one of every skin care woe. For some with dryness this may well fill a niche. That's why I use various oils to meet various needs of mine. But it is a nice, useful product for me for both its versatility and that it feels rather inocuous. Meaning like the oath doctors take, it "first does no harm." I've wanted an oil that was benign, for so long, that would amp up lotions and potions in colder weather, easy to find, little to no scent, decent price, would not make me look like a candle dripping wax, caused no redness nor irritation and could be used on my whole face. This fulfills those needs and expectations nicely. I own the NOW brand SWO by the way, not sure how the product varies brand to brand. As always, "your mileage may vary," and I can only attest to how my skin has reacted to SWO. Always do a patch test to see if you will have an adverse reaction to a product. If an oil you buy turns out to be ill-suited for your face you it may be better suited for your body, or hair (or both), cuticles, feet etc. For me personally its why I find oils to be a good value. I do like knowing this is not laden with chemicals, that said its not my reason for trying it, just an added benefit. I don't think "all natural" products are necessarily better for our skin. I simply try what I think is best suited for my skin and hope I've madd good choices, this one certaily seems to be!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by missingyoo2

I originally bought this to help with my under eye circles, but after three months I didn't notice any difference. It did, however, make my eyelashes grow longer and thicker.

This doesn't work for me as an all over facial moisturizer, because it sits on top of my skin rather than soaking in. It also made me break out along my jawline, where I never break out.

It works great for a hot oil hair treatment though, and left my hair feeling soft and healthy. I was worried about potential hair loss because of other reviews, but I haven't been losing any more hair than normal.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2012 6:41:00 AM More reviews by anayaafter

Almond oil is a great moisturizer for sensitive skin. I`ve had a good experience with this product but i feel it takes time to absorb into the skin. Maybe i should`ve exfoliated well before application. Prefer using it at night, giving the oil enough time to get absorbed. Best for under eye area.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by polishproblem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love sweet almond oil as my go-to, universal beauty product. I use it on my face and body to moisturize after a shower or before I go to bed (I like to put in a couple drops of lavender and orange essential oil for a nice scent). I also use it as a makeup remover, a deep conditioner for hair, as the oil when I make homemade sugar scrubs, and as a massage oil. I bet you could also use it as a tanning oil.

I have combination to dry skin, and I have never broken out after putting this on my face (sparingly), although I don't really have skin that tends to break out that much anyway.

What I love most about using sweet almond oil is that it can be used for so many things, so when I'm traveling, I just put a bottle of this in my toiletries bag and I'm good to go!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by ForeverButterfly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This my go to product for the dry nights. I use it on my face, body and as a leave in night time conditioner in my hair on a Friday. It absorbs into the skin with medium-fast speed and is a nongreasy moisturiser.

Face: My skin type is sensitive, dry on the surface, oily underneath with hormonal pimples. I use it 2 - 3 times a night when I feel my skin needs extra moisturising. Since my skin is prone to itching and irritation, I will use a bit of oil on the sensitive spot.The next day my skin feels soft and smooth. There are no dry spots and a natural glow is left.

* Nice eye cream substitute, helps with dark circles and puffiness.
* Also notice my dark spots have gotten smaller too.

Body: I use it during the winter. My body tends to itch at night and I always feel to scratch it. But there will always be red marks left and I can't fall asleep. I would put the oil on just before I go to bed. There is no more irritation. Same thing as face, my skin is smooth and nice. I also notice there are less ingrown hair on my legs now.

Hair: I use it on a Friday night because oil is hard to wash out with water. And you don't want to put it in your hair when you are going out the next day. I massage it into my scalp and then run a tiny bit through the hair strands. I then braid my hair. I do not make it into a bun and wrap a cloth around it. I find the braiding is easier on the hair and my scalp does not hurt like it does when it's in a bun. Less friction/pull on the scalp. It takes about 2 washes with shampoo to get the oil out. I do not recommend using a conditioner after, because when the hair dries, it becomes flat and oily looking with the extra conditioning. It works great with my fine curly hair. My curls don't get messy with knots and frizziness.

*I do not use it when it is really hot, I use a lighter moisturizer.
* For a lip scrub, I mix it with brown sugar and cinnamon.
* I rub a bit on my cuticles when they are dry.
* I mix it with turmeric for a nice face mask.

Time Used of Product: 4 months, continuing