Jason Natural Cosmetics Tea Tree Oil

pure tea tree oil

on 2/16/2007 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This a good replacement for benzoyl peroxide. I'm not allergic to bp, but I wanted to try something different. The results are comparable for me (i'm comparing full strength tto with 2.5% bp). However, I get less dryness with tto. Those with super sensitive skin might need to dilute this with another oil, but I find dabbing spots with the thinnest coating for tto works fine for me. I would also avoid the eye area because it can sting. The bottle also says it can be used as an antiseptic for minor cuts and scrapes, though I have yet to try that. Though the little bottle seems expensive, it also lasts a long time. The smell isn't great, but tolerable for me.

on 11/20/2006 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i put a drop on my palm and massage it onto my face, usually following jojoba oil. what i like: effective with pimples, i had a couple big ones and it took 2-3 days for it to go down COMPLETELY, controls oil (i'm amazed with no more afternoon shines), user-friendly dropper, relatively cheap for a big bottle that'll last forever, and i like the smell, haha. what i don't like: the tingling sensation on sensitive parts of the skin. HG for spot treatment!

on 11/2/2006 8:38:00 PM

Works great on healing blemishes, but smells AWFUL AWFUL.

on 7/17/2006 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I loved this stuff but can no longer find it! I used to buy it at Ulta. Anyone seen it lately? Well, it was very oily (by definition) and the smell, like all tea tree oil, is terrible, reminding me a bit of urine (eew). But it works wonders on my acne. It stings a bit (I use it at full concentration) when I use it as an astringent, but it makes zits heal faster and scar less. I also find it good for adding to face wash to add a little extra zit-fighting boost!

on 9/28/2005 2:45:00 PM

I follow Paula Begoun's advice to use an exfoliant and anti-bacterial agent to keep my skin clear. I am allergic to benzoyl peroxide and she mentions using tea tree at a 5% concentration but says it's hard to find a product with the right amount. I find it easy to mix a drop into a small amount of moisturizer and use over my Proactiv or Klear Action glycolic toner. I am getting about a 5-10% concentration this way and I can also use the oil undiluted on any breakouts. It works awesome! My skin looks great and blemish marks heal so much faster. The product is dirt cheap when you consider how long it lasts! I will never be without this!