October 2, 2014 | 921 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by cankcank

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

hair, hands, scalp

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am obsessed with using olive oil.

This is my routine:

I rub a good amount into my freshly washed face before going to bed. I massage the oil in pretty well, paying special attention to my dry and red spots. It feels so comforting being as some face washes make my skin feel tight. When I wake up my face is a little oily as to be expected, but it feels great. I rub a little more oil on my face before getting into the shower, and the let the steam get to work. At the end of my shower I wash my face with Basis face wash, or something grainy in texture for a real treat. It works so magically. When I go to put on my makeup after this, it goes on wonderfully, and my skin feels smooth and soft all day. My skin is glowing, and I don't mean in an oily way. But I do have oily skin and I believe that the olive oil is helping.

For the body it feels great to put the oil on dry skin before taking a bath/shower. Then using a wash cloth and water to exfoliate your skin. Also the oil is good to soften cuticles before pusing them back with an orange stick.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Hair12341234

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

The first time I tried olive oil as a cleanser/moisturizer, my skin was glowing very nicely.

I tried it a second time a few days later and this time - my entire face and neck broke out in little bumps - when I run my fingers on my face it feels like lizards skin...lol

It may just be me having an allergic reaction to EVOO but I want to pass it on as I don't tend to break out at my age, it happens next to never for any reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by goldteapot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the ultimate hair nourisher. Although it doesn't smell nice (not much smell at all) and feels nasty as you slather it on your ends of hair (not the scalp), it washes out easily and keeps hair smooth. You only need a little, heated up and then put on your ends, comb and wrap hair in a towel for an hour. Then shampoo and condition like normal. Can be used once a week for my hair- fine but thick and wavy and frizzy.

I used it once on my face- for a few weeks doing the so-called oil cleansing method. It was horrible. My face never looked worse. Tons of acne everywhere. I kept hoping that it was just purging but no. Don't use this stuff to clean your face unless you have dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by LexlynT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE what EVOO has done for my skin. I have oily skin so when I first read to cleanse and moisturize with it I was confused. But it has worked for me & keeps the acne away & fades my scars. I used to have really bad acne scars but since I've started this they have all but disappeared. I cleanse with it in the morning and night. When I wake up I rub this in my skin and take extra time to work it into my problem areas. I then get a hot rag, as hot as I can stand it and let it sit in my face. I then reheat the rag again as hot as I can stand it and then I rub the rag all over my face. This way the OO soaks into your skin and doesn't leave you feeling greasy. After about 5-10 min the OO is completely soaked into your skin an ready for you to apply makeup. I do this again before bed.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by livmhilll

i love this whenever i have overly dry skin, i mix it with some tumeric and some cinammon and basil and apply it to my acne prone skin and it cleans and moisturizies. doesn't seem to break me out if i only leave it on for 30 minutes but overnight.. yeah it breaks me out. gotta let skin breathe and know how to use a product!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by lasermalin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Omg, it's the best makeup-remover EVER, my HG.

I have a very sensitive, acre-prone and dry skin and every makeup-remover I've tried have left my skin very red and irritated, except olive oil. First I thought; You can't use oil on the skin when you have acne-prone skin like me, but I gave it a shot, and im so happy I did. I use the oil in two ways:

As a makeup-remover, I pour some olive oil in my palms, rub my hands together to make the oil warm and then I rub my hands all over my face (eyes last if I use a lot of eye-makeup) and I do this for about 1 minute, just because it feels so nice on the skin, and I want all makeup gone from the skin. THEN I take a cotton pad and wet it with water and clean of the makeup and oil with it, one cottonpad is enough for the whole face because I don't care if theres a little makeup or oil left because I'll use a second cleanser after this, to get rid of the rests. When your face is clean ans dried it feel super soft and you have the nicest glow.

As a cleanser when I don't wear makeup, I warm the oil up in my hands as above and rub my hands on my face. Since I don't have any makeup on I can see my problem areas better, where my scars are and dry patches. I rub a little extra om those areas for about 1-2 minutes. Then instead of water on my cotton pad I use a mix of rose and lavender water ( I use Lush eau roma water ) since its anti bacterial. Im not going to use any other cleanser after this since I don't have any makeup-rests, instead im using 2 pads of cotton to clean the oil of. This makes my face glow like the sun (not blank) and it feels so soft and moisturized and just after a few uses I can see that my scarring have faded.

Love love love olive oil! Fades scars, moisurizes, removes makeup and dirt. It's not dangerous to get in the eyes but your vision can get pretty blurry for awhile.

(sorry for my English)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I buy olive oil a few litres at a time because I use it for so many things (food, too). I use this as a makeup remover with baby wipes and it's the best thing I've ever tried.. it removes everything and doesn't irritate my skin. If my skin is flaky, I'll wet it & pat this into my face. I swear it not only moisturizes well, I think it plumps my skin as well. It doesn't break me out either (I'm very acne prone), sometimes I feel it even calms my skin. I use this to make scrubs at home with sugar, and as a body moisturizer, too. It's the only moisturizer that makes my skin feel hydrated from within. It's also great as a hair mask, by itself or with other ingredients. Olive oil is the best multi purpose beauty item (and it's natural, too).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by fabulyss

Sorry, but you guys are full of it. If you use pure Olive Oil as a cleanser or moisturizer and come out with clear skin than you must not have had an acne problem to begin with (and yes, I very clearly understand the "method").

Admittedly, products that contain O.O. (such as Shu Uemura cleansing oil) do help with makeup removal, but those are diluted with other ingredients. If I so much as get a drop of olive oil around my mouth from eating a salad with OO based dressing, I'll get a cystic zit that will last MONTHS. I once tried the EVOO method for a few weeks and lived to regret it. It's true that most acne regime's are much too harsh and toxic, but OO is NOT the answer for acne sufferers. It's also too heavy for a hair mask (it took me 4 washes to rinse it all out). There are so many better oils out there, such as coconut oil which is actually productive in that it's ANTIMICROBIAL.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Impeccablebliss

This is the best for your skin and internally as well. This helps clear certain skin conditions.