Sugar

Price: $

Sugar

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Oh the possibilities of sugar. I am a huge fan. While I do buy my body scrub in the store, m Tree Hut Shea Scrub is sugar based, so I can still say that sugar works amazing for a body scrub. I don't use any kind of gritty exfoliators on my face, but for the rest of me, I love it. There are also so many benefits to products that use sugar. It helps to retain moisture, is non-irritating, and is also the base for my favorite chemical exfoliant, glycolic acid (well, sugar cane is, but still). The main thing I use sugar for in my beauty regime is for sugar waxing. I have medium to thin hair that comes out with ease from sugaring, with no irritation and hardly any pain. Considering how easy and cheap it is to make, it's a breeze to stay hair, ingrown, and rash free. And yes, I use it EVERYWHERE. Thank you sugar! You've saved me so much money!

on 6/26/2011 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Sugar rocks!
In the summer I use it with my shower gel to make a scrub. In the winter with EVOO for a nice moisturizing kick. It's definitely cheap and good and always there.
I do still use storebought scrubs every now and then, simply cause I get bored :P But I always come back to sugar. Because it rocks!

on 6/23/2011 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love making sugar exfoliators with extra virgin olive oil and honey. sooo moisturizing and nice!

on 6/11/2011 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE LOVE LOVE sugar scrubbiesss! :) I swear by it. Sugar comes from sugar kane, which has glycolic acid, which is an ingredient in many expensive exfloiants! I admit it can be a harsh scrub, especially if you have sensitive skin but I'm pretty sure my skin is as tough as a rock so this doesn't affect me haha. But seriously, back to the review, you can use it mixed with your regular cleanser to make it a bit less harsh for your face, or you can also mix it with honey, and olive oil to get a bit more moisturizing! I swear it really works to make my skin glow, (exfoliates great and really gets the blood flow going). If you find the granuals are too big and rough, you can throw sugar into your blender to make them a bit finer and less harsh. I HIGHLY reccommend this to people who don't have sensitive skin on their face! You can also use this as a full body scrub! I like to mix it with olive oil for a really natural, cheap and AWESOME scrub!! :) Packaging sucks, so I keep mine in a glass jar instead! Enjoy!

on 5/31/2011 2:01:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use brown sugar or caster sugar for a quick and easy facial or body scrub. Works great, makes skin feel smooth. I mix it with honey, oil or cleanser to make a paste. It's really great if you get flakies, particularly from skiing. Every time I go on a ski holiday I take the sugar and honey sachets from the restaurant at lunch time then do a face scrub in the evening. It really helps if you get wind burn on your lips. Call me cheap, but it beats travelling with heaps of products and it's readily available at ski resorts.

on 5/29/2011 7:57:00 AM

At first I thought what a weird thing to review... But I have used this in DIY beauty treatments so here's my 2 cents. Anyone using this for the face should try Fruit sugar or Super Fine sugar first, or softened brown sugar. The granules are MUCH smaller and less harmful to the skin. (I've heard of using baking soda too) I mix this with EVOO, some honey and maybe tea tree oil for acne. It makes your skin sooo super soft, better than any product I've bought!!! You can also mix equal parts of sugar and your favorite shower gel to make a foaming exfoliator :D Oh, and it's good in tea, coffee and cookies too lol :P

on 5/29/2011 7:15:00 AM

Not to be used on face (way to harsh), but perfect for body & feet!

The body scrubs are made of oil & sugar.... I make my at-home body scrubs by mixing together a little olive oil & sugar and it's a great exfoliator. No need to purchase a $20 tin at B&BW. This stuff works great.

on 5/6/2011 7:12:00 PM

I love this stuf!

Its nice with a cup of tea, over some pancakes ect.

on 5/6/2011 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Great stuff! I have not used it on my face (because I have sensitive skin, so I'm very afraid to try new stuff), but I've used it as a body scrub. I have relatively soft and smooth skin, so I didn't notice anything spectacular about the body scrub. It certainly made it smoother but not wow.

However, I used it on my neck and it is AMAZING. I had a few pimples on my neck over the past few months and although the pimples are gone, the texture was horrible. After using the sugar scrub on my neck, the skin felt INCREDIBLE. I don't think my neck was ever this smooth! So the difference was certainly noticeable.

I use regualr white, granulated sugar. It works great for me. I put it in a plastic cup, mix it with regular bodywash and add some water (to soften it further) and lather it all over my body.

It's so good that I'm considering trying it out on my face! Really. Everyone should give the sugar scrub a shot because it's so cheap and readily available.

on 5/1/2011 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

i just tried this and its amazing! i mixed sugar with olive oil and tea tree oil and scrubbed with it in a shower. My skin is so soft and so moisturized. I don't even need to put on lotion after the shower. I've found my new go to scrub!