October 1, 2014 | 2028 users online

Scrubs - Sugar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2011 7:57:00 AM More reviews by honeybee519

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I thought what a weird thing to review... But I have used this in DIY beauty treatments so here's my 2 cents. Anyone using this for the face should try Fruit sugar or Super Fine sugar first, or softened brown sugar. The granules are MUCH smaller and less harmful to the skin. (I've heard of using baking soda too) I mix this with EVOO, some honey and maybe tea tree oil for acne. It makes your skin sooo super soft, better than any product I've bought!!! You can also mix equal parts of sugar and your favorite shower gel to make a foaming exfoliator :D Oh, and it's good in tea, coffee and cookies too lol :P

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 7:15:00 AM More reviews by fae_nymph

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Not to be used on face (way to harsh), but perfect for body & feet!

The body scrubs are made of oil & sugar.... I make my at-home body scrubs by mixing together a little olive oil & sugar and it's a great exfoliator. No need to purchase a $20 tin at B&BW. This stuff works great.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by misschloe97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuf!

Its nice with a cup of tea, over some pancakes ect.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by pudgyoreo

Great stuff! I have not used it on my face (because I have sensitive skin, so I'm very afraid to try new stuff), but I've used it as a body scrub. I have relatively soft and smooth skin, so I didn't notice anything spectacular about the body scrub. It certainly made it smoother but not wow.

However, I used it on my neck and it is AMAZING. I had a few pimples on my neck over the past few months and although the pimples are gone, the texture was horrible. After using the sugar scrub on my neck, the skin felt INCREDIBLE. I don't think my neck was ever this smooth! So the difference was certainly noticeable.

I use regualr white, granulated sugar. It works great for me. I put it in a plastic cup, mix it with regular bodywash and add some water (to soften it further) and lather it all over my body.

It's so good that I'm considering trying it out on my face! Really. Everyone should give the sugar scrub a shot because it's so cheap and readily available.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by divathing

i just tried this and its amazing! i mixed sugar with olive oil and tea tree oil and scrubbed with it in a shower. My skin is so soft and so moisturized. I don't even need to put on lotion after the shower. I've found my new go to scrub!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I mix raw organic sugar with organic EVOO in a small container. It's magic. Seriously. I have the most dry and sensitive skin, I can't use regular scrubs as the SLS and other nasties irritate my skin. I get dry patches under my eyebrows and I can even get rid of them. Amazing stuff. Don't waste your money on regular scrubs. .

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by TiffD

I went on MUA to try to find a well-reviewed facial scrub and was blown away by all the positive reviews of...sugar! So a couple nights ago I decided to mix a bit of sugar with some vitamin E until the combination made a mix and it really did make my face feel a lot smoother. I had to use a cleanser (Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash) afterwards because the vit E left residue on my skin that probably would have made me break out overnight. I woke up this morning and my skin still felt smooth and no breakouts or dry patches! Next week I'm going to try using the sugar and honey mixture.
Also, don't scrub too hard! Doing that with any exfoliator can cause microscopic tears in your skin.
5 lippies to sugar for being an amazing, inexpensive exfoliator!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I make my own using 2 cups sugar, 6 tsp oils (skin friendly oils, I used half grapeseed oil and half avacado.. I wanted to add jojoba but couldn't find it) 1 TBSP honey, couple drops of Vitamin E and Rosehip oil. Mix altogether.. It's divine. I rub it into my hands a little before applying to my face. That cuts down on the harshness. Works well as a lip scrub too.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by NishaDS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sugar is one of the easiest and cheapest scrubs to use and I have been using it for years. I put a teaspoon of sugar in my palm, squirt some cleanser on it and massage the mixture on my face in circular motions. I rinse off with warm water and a washcloth. It scrubs gently and effectively, leaving my sensitive skin soft and smooth. Try it and you'll love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by stacey0125

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using sugar as a facial scrub for over a year now. I got the idea from a book I read written by make-up artist Carmindy (she's on TLC'S "What Not To Wear) and I thought how simple and brillant is this. I works great. Unlike a lot of other scrubs I have used this actually scrubs your skin and you can feel it taking off all the dead skin, other scrubs I have used you can barely even feel the exfoliation- and they either irritated my skin, broke me out, turned my face red or just didnt work. This works as an amazing scrub. It works and leaves my skin SO SO Soft afterwards, Doesnt dry out my skin either which is a huge plus. this is my HG scrub and I will never use anything but this again. Dont waste your money-this is great and is so inexpensive!