April 24, 2014 | 1767 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Foundation Powder [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 8:17:00 PM More reviews by imeldita22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

So I was bored and ended up going to Sephora to try a few new things and I decided to purchase the tinted moisturizer along with this powder. For some reason, it looked so much better when I tried it the first time, it looks really nice and smooth and when I bought this powder and used it for work, it didn't seem to have lasted at all, just like the other makeup that I bought and returned. All I have to say is that this makeup feels smooth and finely milled, looks flawless but then after 3 hours or so it's gone. Also, for $40 I expect more product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by guccigrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

yuck!!! I agree with "jenluvsmakeup" on this powder foundation, it is the most disgusting powder i have ever used! it really does make you look like you covered your face in flour!! if thats the look your going for then hey go right ahead!!
    all the positive reviews MUST be from ladies who have flawless skin to begin with. I am far from perfect and to think i paid $40 for this stuff thinking it's going to make a difference makes me sick! I have used drugstore makeup that is far better than this garbage. needless to say i returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by amhowe12

This is my go to foundation. It is light and does not have a "too done up" finish, but still provides great coverage with a silky smooth application. Can be used with the sponge that comes with or with a kabuki brush for less coverage.

Only qualms with this product is the amount you get. It is $40, so relatively pricey, and it seriously doesn't last me hardly two months. I feel as though that is a bit of a rip off.

However, I love this product and I will never stray towards another foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 3:06:00 AM More reviews by Chorus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Found my new HG - WOW. This is an amazing powder foundation - I've tried SO many. It is an extremely finely milled, high quality powder. This gives such a smooth, flawless finish - poreless & airbrushed! I thought I was getting a nice finish before with other brands - but this takes it up another level! (I used it dry with a flattop brush and applied sparingly), does not settle into lines. I just looked in the mirror; it has been over 12 hours since I applied this morning and still no settling in lines - totally stays put! Controls oil very well without drying - even with the heater going during wintertime. I first purchased #3 but that was a bit too dark, so I went back to get #2 (I am NC 25/C3). Love , love love - it is pricey but well worth it - I also apply sparingly so it really lasts a while. Has no SPF so it photographs beautifully. SO much higher quality than MAC (didn't break me out, but left me an oily mess, yet at the same time it also badly dried and tightened my skin uncomfortably), and has now replaced my MUFE and Napoleon Perdis too. Shiseido and anything with SPF gave me a ghost face/"made up mask" look in photos and certain lightings. Give Laura Mercier a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2010 3:10:00 PM More reviews by mishycakes

This is an awesome powder foundation. It makes my oily, acne scarred skin look smooth and clear.
    It also has decent lasting power, about 5-6 hours on me. However, thatsa where the good stuff ends.
    It is extremely expensive compared to my usual powder foundation, MAC studio fix
    Powder. My other complaint about this product is that it isn't finely packed into Íts packaging. When I
    swirl my brush in the product (mind you, I do it very gently) a lot of powder is
    Kicked up, so theres the amount of product that's on my brush, and the product that is now all over my
    Vanity and the packaging. So much wasted product. As much as I appreciate the effect this gives my skin,
    I will not be repurchasing after I use this up. The cons outway the pros :(

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by jenluvsmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hands down, the worst powder foundation I have ever tried. I was on the lookout for a new powder foundation and these reviews looked extremely promising - but I found it to be quite the opposite of the glowing reviews. I have tried A LOT of powder foundations, from minerals to name brand to drug store brand and this has to be the worst of them all. First, the PRICE is way overboard for something that seems like tinted talcum powder that gives absolutely no coverage and makes your face look like you covered it with flour. Bad, bad, bad stuff! I worked with it, too, using a kabuki, a flat-top, and both powder puffs that were included, it looked bad any way I tried. Worst makeup purchase I have made to date.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 7:50:00 PM More reviews by imjustagurl

I have been on the search for a good powder foundation for oily skin for a very, very long time! I've used them all. Before this I was using MUFE powder foundation but that didn't have the staying power that the Laura Mercier does. I absolutely love this foundation! I have very, very oily skin and I blot with my MAC blot powder about once a day and I'm good, where as with MAC studio fix powder I would need to blot about five times a day, no lie! I"m no.7, and an NC42 in MAC. I do, however, wish they had more colors because I tend to get darker in the summer and am not sure if the no.7 will still match my skin but I'll cross that bridge when I get there :).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by chanelmontes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've always been a liquid foundation type of person but lately it has been really hard to control shine and slippage so I decided to give powder foundation a try. I tried a couple that were terrible but when I came across this one I was ecstatic. This is top quality right here without a doubt. I barely have to apply it to my skin and it blends and covers beautifully. It's so darn easy and fool proof to use. The finish it gives is not overly powdery at all, which was a concern, but naturally matte and controls oil and shine wonderfully ALL day long. I never EVER need to touch up just the tiniest bit. And the pressed powder means no mess or spills at all! This is definitely one of my favs from Laura Mercier as it's my new HG Foundation. I hope Laura Mercier will never reformulate or discontinue this!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by javajunkie787

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this foundation recently b/c i was testing out different powders to see which i liked best. I am not crazy about this powder. First of all, it is more expensive than most of the powders i have tried and it comes with less powder in the compact. i "tried" out this product for about 1 week and hit the pan!!!!
    Also, all of the colors are shades of yellow, and i have difficulty matching.
    as far as the coverage, it was light-medium and somewhat buildable. it is very matte but also a little drying. if you have dry spots on your face it kind of clings to them. it is longer lasting than other foundation powders i've tried.
    overall i am not satisfied w/ the price, amount in the compact, or range of colors. i like LM but i will not be repurchashing this powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by bluebfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a bit of a powder foundation junkie and I have tried many different brands from high end (Chanel, Yves Saint Laurent, Shiseido, Dior, MAC, Makeup Forever and many more!) to drugstores brand. And this is one of my most favorite powder foundation. It offers medium but buildable coverage. It covers nicely and gives that somewhat airbrush look to my skin. It is made from Italian talc (really fine, soft powder). It has no SPF (perfect for photographs). There's a good color match for me, number 3. I'm a NC20-25, MUFE 120, Shisedo O20. The only downside to this is the price and the amount in the pan like others have already mentioned. Other than that, I love this powder and will continue to use it!